Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 07:24 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post

Trump is quite a worry, but the people that vote Trump are more worrysome!!! More so in a country that people are supposed to be literate and that have freedom of information.
Yesterday I saw a statistic that only ~10% of people who voted for Trump in the primaries comsider it important that their candidate 'share their values'.

This lends credence to the theory that Trump's popularity is tied to his role as an upsetter to the status quo of the Republican party rather than a reflection on the popularity of the nonsense he spouts.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:51 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,999 times
Trump seems to be bringing out the racial animosity that existed long before he ever thought about running. It seem like some of his supporters have some emotional things to deal with as being a racist and hateful is a mental disorder.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:31 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,117 times
Trump is a divider and a narcissist who demonstrates little respect for the democratic institutions in place, for this reason I think he is a very dangerous man not just in the USA but also the wider world.

The fact that he has been able to be so successful is a massive indictment on the performance of the USA's establishment parties who have neglected large segments of the American people for decades and many are now revolting. His candidacy has left much of the world bemused really, and his ascendency solidifies in many people's minds that maybe America really is in decline.

Selling government to the highest bidder is clearly not a sign of a healthy democracy and whatever happens with Trump his ascendancy should be sending some serious alarm bells to the ruling class that they must actually start governing for the people or risk the collapse of the USA as we know it.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:43 AM

919 posts, read 840,106 times
Default Trump: World Better Off If Saddam, Gadhafi Were Still in Power

Trump: World Better Off If Saddam, Gadhafi Were Still in Power
Speaking at the latest Republican debate, front-runner Donald Trump reiterated his belief that the world would be better off if Saddam Hussein was still in power in Iraq, and Moammar Gadhafi in Libya, saying ISIS would’ve never been able to seize parts of those countries if they were still there.

“They were bad, they were really bad but we would have been better off if the politicians had taken the day off and not gone into war,” Trump added. Trump had made similar statements back in October on Meet the Press.

Trump’s position is seen as controversial, particularly on Iraq, with most of the Republican field still cheering George W. Bush’s decision to invade and occupy Iraq in 2003. Trump has presented his opposition to disastrous past wars as proof of his comparative sensibility.
I agree with him on this issue.

What did the US get from the war, btw?

Old 03-04-2016, 08:41 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Yesterday I saw a statistic that only ~10% of people who voted for Trump in the primaries comsider it important that their candidate 'share their values'.

This lends credence to the theory that Trump's popularity is tied to his role as an upsetter to the status quo of the Republican party rather than a reflection on the popularity of the nonsense he spouts.
I don't get how people view him as an upsetter. I mean, he's the symbol of what's gone wrong with media and of the establishment having inherited part of his fotune through his father. Anyway, if that poll is true then it seems that Trump would most likely be Trump'ed to a second term if he gets elected and actually manages not to run the country to the ground (i don't think he would but still.....)

Old 03-04-2016, 08:48 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Trump: World Better Off If Saddam, Gadhafi Were Still in Power
Speaking at the latest Republican debate, front-runner Donald Trump reiterated his belief that the world would be better off if Saddam Hussein was still in power in Iraq, and Moammar Gadhafi in Libya, saying ISIS would’ve never been able to seize parts of those countries if they were still there.

“They were bad, they were really bad but we would have been better off if the politicians had taken the day off and not gone into war,” Trump added. Trump had made similar statements back in October on Meet the Press.

Trump’s position is seen as controversial, particularly on Iraq, with most of the Republican field still cheering George W. Bush’s decision to invade and occupy Iraq in 2003. Trump has presented his opposition to disastrous past wars as proof of his comparative sensibility.

Hard not to agree with him on the matter. I admire his non-interventist stance when it comes to foreign politic, the USA would have spared thousands of men, resources and such if it avoid getting too involved in the Middle East.

By the way, it seems that a new Italy (partly because of our influence there and partly because we have the closest bases) led operation is going to start soon in Lybia. What are they thinking? Have they not learned from the consequences of what happened in 2011?

They at least have decency to wait for the two Libyan governments to find an agreement (it seems close by the way) but i'm not confident. This will just unify all the Anti Western groups (including IS, who's the strongest of them) who are currently fighting against each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Trump is a divider and a narcissist who demonstrates little respect for the democratic institutions in place, for this reason I think he is a very dangerous man not just in the USA but also the wider world.

The fact that he has been able to be so successful is a massive indictment on the performance of the USA's establishment parties who have neglected large segments of the American people for decades and many are now revolting. His candidacy has left much of the world bemused really, and his ascendency solidifies in many people's minds that maybe America really is in decline.

Selling government to the highest bidder is clearly not a sign of a healthy democracy and whatever happens with Trump his ascendancy should be sending some serious alarm bells to the ruling class that they must actually start governing for the people or risk the collapse of the USA as we know it.
That's a problem, the current system forces an outside like Sanders to climb a mountain while establishment candidates and the wealthiest have a much easier road to accessing to funds both from investors than from banks

Old 03-05-2016, 07:38 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Right arm raised, in pledge to vote, after trump demands it. Shades of fascism, what a leader

Old 03-05-2016, 09:06 PM

919 posts, read 840,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Right arm raised, in pledge to vote, after trump demands it. Shades of fascism, what a leader
Are you talking about this country?

Old 03-06-2016, 07:42 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
I didn't know Bernie Sanders is Jewish. ZOG! NWO! Illuminati! Judeo-Masonic conspiracy!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
[URL="http://news.antiwar.com/2016/02/25/trump-world-better-off-if-saddam-gadhafi-were-still-in-power/"]Trump: World Better Off If Saddam, Gadhafi Were Still in Power[/URL]
[INDENT]Speaking at the latest Republican debate, front-runner Donald Trump reiterated his belief that the world would be better off if Saddam Hussein was still in power in Iraq, and Moammar Gadhafi in Libya, saying ISIS would’ve never been able to seize parts of those countries if they were still there.

Trump’s position is seen as controversial, particularly on Iraq, with most of the Republican field still cheering George W. Bush’s decision to invade and occupy Iraq in 2003. Trump has presented his opposition to disastrous past wars as proof of his comparative sensibility.[/INDENT]

Oh please, he never publicly opposed the Iraq war when it started. I believe the only person running right now who did was Bernie Sanders. Of course, now he says all of these things because it currently fits his 'anti-establishment' charade. He's a charlatan. He dos things based on how it will affect his business.

At the time of the start of the Iraq war, if you spoke out against it, you were insulted and called un-American and unpatriotic. It was NOT a popular thing to do. I know because I was vehemently opposed to it and participated in anti-war demonstrations.

This is when Fox news started its frenzy- they fed into Republican's fears and frustrations with strong rhetoric. There was only one way of seeing and doing things, of thinking. If you didn't follow that mentality, you were seen as a traitor and against the country. Now ironically, the movement they created is going against the Republican establishment and they don't know what to do to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World