Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 12:58 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times

Advertisements

It was a mistake establishing Israel in the midst of Muslims. Muslims are going to attack everyone eventually so I guess it's strategic to have a country willing and able to take them on in their midst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 01:02 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,729,462 times
Please repond to the question in the OP: "Where do you live and what is your view and the most common view of people in your area on this conflict?"

Otherwise, this topic would belong to the politics subforum, where similar threads such as this one exist:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...palestine.html

Old 12-14-2015, 01:37 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Many Jews have lived in Israel prior to 1948, some media portrays it as if the Jews came out of nowhere after ww2 and started shooting at Palestinians randomly.

Take note here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...y_of_Palestine

So in 1931 Jews/Christians are noticeable minority of over one third and growing rapidly. The apartheid as yo call it is probably 35% Jews and 20% Christians in a land of 45% Muslims. Doesn't look too bad.
I know that they were already a sizeable minority but the problem is not the establishment of the State of Israel but the fact that alongside it a State of Palestine hasn't been established either.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:41 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Finns are generally quite pro Palestine and so is the parliament. The Finland-Israel relations are quite icy. The Finnish president has said that before a permanent peace is established and all terrorist attacks ended, Finland cannot recognise Palestine though. Sweden went solo and recognised Palestine last year, but Finland will not make a move without Denmark, Norway and Iceland. And probably Germany and France too. We don't have the balls.

I think a permanent peace must be established at any cost. That means a Palestinian state.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:59 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Where do you live and what is your view and the most common view of people in your area on this conflict?
Taiwan. I do not care and I am pretty sure that most Taiwanese don't care about it at all.

Occasionally you'd see some clickbait articles on Facebook about how inhumane Israel is to the Palestinians, but that's it, nothing more.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:01 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Where (When) I live in the US most of my community are Christians. The common view is historically the Palestinians have done nothing to foster any type of Peace. Israel should stop holding back when it's attacked. There are numerous Arabs that live and coexist within Israel itself with very few issue. Then we have the Arabs who live in the WB and Gaza. Their chosen leaderships won't allow any type of Peace to occur. So basically the consensus is to give Gaza back to Egypt to govern over and to give most of the West Bank back to Jordan for them to govern over. Jerusalem should stay in Israel's hands.

Where (When) I live in the UAE most of my community are Muslims. Their view is that Israel should be in Arab hands, but none of the leadership positions should be Palestinians. They have a very low view of the Palestinians and they should not be the guardians over any of the holy sites. As to non-Muslims living there, it depends on the group. So what is stated publically is not really the truth privately.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:27 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Well, one more *touch up* to the picture;
back in the nineties, when *American economists* helped to create economic hellhole in post-Soviet USSR, gazillion of Jews ( and non-Jews by the way too,) started running to Israel en mass in order to escape this economic hell-hole. They were running from different parts of former Soviet territories ( not from "Russia proper" only.) A lot of them lived side by side with Muslims in S.U., and didn't have any problems, but little did they know about the situation in the Middle East. Little did they know that Russian brand of Islam they were used to, was nothing like the one they've encountered at their new point of destination. Once they've realized how much Israel is hated by Arabs and that these people are ready to blow them apart, they started unanimously voting on toughest measures against them. The *Russian* diaspora was quite prominent, so "Russian block" as they've been called I think, added a lot to anti-Palestinian policies.
So... as I've said many times before - one more piece on the chessboard that Americans moved twenty years ago - unintentionally or not.

Last edited by erasure; 12-14-2015 at 03:01 PM..

Old 12-14-2015, 06:15 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
So in 1931 Jews/Christians are noticeable minority of over one third and growing rapidly. The apartheid as yo call it is probably 35% Jews and 20% Christians in a land of 45% Muslims. Doesn't look too bad.
You wrote "Jews/Christians" like they were on the same side or culture... Palestinian Christian Arabs(or Israeli Arab Christians) have a mix of different sects and cultures(Armenians in Jerusalem also) but don't have a similar history to Israeli Jews for the most part at all. Christian Arabs were expulsed and fought against Israel for the most part(some of the most prominent early Palestinian nationalist/terrorist groups had Christian Arab members and even leaders). Christian Arabs have historically been closer to other Arabs whether Muslim or not than the Jewish populations.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 12-14-2015 at 06:31 PM..

Old 12-14-2015, 07:59 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times
People in my community are pro Israel.

My views I am pro Israel although I would prefer a secular Israel the Jews will never leave and they shouldn't. A separate Palestinian nation would be good.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:57 AM

816 posts, read 994,232 times
Although I think Israel has the right to exist, their continued illegal land grabbing and settlement construction is detrimental to peace. I tend to lean towards supporting the Palestinians and their right to a sovereign state, side by side with Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World