Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:09 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times

Advertisements

Here in the USA most people regardless of political views are very Pro Israel. Muslim world is generally very anti Israel..

Where do you live and what is your view and the most common view of people in your area on this conflict?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 05:14 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,170 times
I am, if honest totally fed up with it. I am 49 and this is one boring, negative issue. Lets be clear Palestine was never a Muslim land anyway, neither was Spain. Israel should stop building illegal homes, can`t the 2x peoples just throw tomatos at eachother?

Old 12-13-2015, 05:35 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
The Palestinian ‘Quest for Statehood’ Is Designed to Prevent Statehood
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/f...ent-statehood/

Old 12-14-2015, 03:44 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
100% support Israel.

"Where do you live and what is your view and the most common view of people in your area on this conflict?"
-
In a small country in the southern/eastern part of Europe. I wouldn't say that most people in my "region" are pro-Israel, I think I'm the minority in that regards. I visited Tel Aviv this summer in June - my next goals are Jerusalem and especially Eilat. And I liked the country a lot even prior to my visit, so it's not some source of personal bias.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:41 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
Palestine should be its own country. If that situation is not possible, there should be a federal state with quotas for every ethnicity and religious groups in parliament and other political and economical public organisation. In both cases Jerusalem would become it's own city state

I don't know what should be done regarding Gaza though. In Europe the left and the center widely support Palestine while the right is usually torn over such issues

Last edited by improb; 12-14-2015 at 11:57 AM..

Old 12-14-2015, 11:52 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
We often see Palestine getting bombed & lot of civilian casualty. Plus the fact that Palestine have to go thru many security check point just to live their normal life, as if they are put in a live cage does not sit well with me & many of the people I know. I understand the need for Israel to exist but I will eco the post above me, why can't Palestine and Israel exist without one trying to take over the others.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:10 PM

182 posts, read 165,412 times
The situation is disgusting Palestians should be left in peace and the ''Jews'' should just go back to where they came round...

Old 12-14-2015, 12:11 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,454 times
Palestinians are flat out terrorist supporters, whose main mission is the destruction of the Israeli state. Peaceful coexistence with Jews is not really an option and never will be. I'd rather support the only 'normal' country in the ME rather than help to create another extremist muslim hellhole.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:18 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Palestinians are flat out terrorist supporters, whose main mission is the destruction of the Israeli state. Peaceful coexistence with Jews is not really an option and never will be. I'd rather support the only 'normal' country in the ME rather than help to create another extremist muslim hellhole.
They aren't. First of all, the main political movement in Palestine is Fatah which is as secular as they come and can be put on the left of the political state. The only source for the rise of Janas which has been stopped in recent years is the unwillingness of the USA and of the West to listen to the requests of people who nowadays live in cages with all the checks they must be going through despite being entitled to having their own country as they lived there for ages.

The one who is going on is a more modern and subtle version of apartheid

Old 12-14-2015, 12:40 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post

The one who is going on is a more modern and subtle version of apartheid
Many Jews have lived in Israel prior to 1948, some media portrays it as if the Jews came out of nowhere after ww2 and started shooting at Palestinians randomly.

Take note here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr...y_of_Palestine

So in 1931 Jews/Christians are noticeable minority of over one third and growing rapidly. The apartheid as yo call it is probably 35% Jews and 20% Christians in a land of 45% Muslims. Doesn't look too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World