U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 04:06 AM

1,218 posts, read 453,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Ok, let's take Russia for example. When the government decides to shut you down because your competitor has bribed state officials, it's still a better place for business than Denmark? I don't think so.
These days they won't shut you down because of bribes. These days they will shut you down because you are from a country that Russia has just had a spat with. Like Turkey: after that incident with the fighter plane that was shot down, Russia promptly put a ban on all Turkish business. And Russia and Finland are old enemies. Russia would never pass up a chance to hurt the Finnish business in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 10:57 AM

6,146 posts, read 3,878,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Forbes - Best Countries for Business 2015
21. Taiwan
22. United States

Old 12-26-2015, 11:13 AM

5,762 posts, read 9,496,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I bet most independent stores, cafes, restaurants, nightclubs are located outside the city center. The main streets are always tourist traps.
There is adequate to a vast network of business outside of independent ones. Especially those multinational corporations I highly endorse too resembling a technological theme.

Is this the situation around Norway? When I visited Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Austria, and even Italy, all of the main streets have more than enough soul. Usually, those best independent business stores are quite very close to the main street zones, on a vibrant semi-residential side street area.

Are there lots of Independent Wifi Cafes around the country you live in of Norway?

Old 12-26-2015, 12:49 PM

14,497 posts, read 10,536,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post

Are there lots of Independent Wifi Cafes around the country you live in of Norway?
With main streets and business districts having 24 hr free Wifi, aren't Wifi cafes a thing of the past?

Old 12-26-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Why don't you just be honest, and admit that you hate these countries? - Instead of coming up with lame reasoning that could apply to just about any country in the world.
Another false accusation claim from you? I don't hate any of those countries. I have respectful thoughts on each of those nations of reference depending on exact topic (Switzerland, Belgium, Norway, Canada, Ireland, UK, New Zealand), except maybe Luxembourg.

Honestly, they just have too much sterile tacky forms of chain stores, high taxes, too much barriers OR not enough unique Independent Cafes or Nightclubs. Either all of them, some of those options, or one of those justified hypothetical givens.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
With main streets and business districts having 24 hr free Wifi, aren't Wifi cafes a thing of the past?
Those Cafes having Wireless Internet are more revolutionary, original, and innovative than ever before. Quite the contrary, definitely not antiquated.

Occasionally, my idea of paradise is visiting one of those independent cafes more than 3 hours some days with my own computer(My record is 15-17 Hours the same exact day at a cafe!) unique ambiance surrounding me outside of my home lots of hours, one main version of ultimate entertaining relevance.

With our Modern World, we all need amazing wifi cafes deep down inside for everyone.

Using wifi on a laptop computer isn't very practical on a main street or a business district when not a cafe. Park Bench, subway, train, on the floor? Optimal comfort is available around cafes. Are there lots of those at New Zealand? I deeply respect how there aren't really any Starbucks next door to Australia. They must have abundant world class wifi cafes at the land down under outback. Is the land of the Kiwi replicating Australia?

Italy is another nation without any Starbucks forcefully not allowing them. Divine intervention finally, thank god. Starsucks is such a fatal virus. No ambiance to speak of most of the time, their coffee makes me feel like throwing up, and there is absolutely no rational reason with their silly unwarranted popularity. My top 50 favorite wifi independent cafes I have visited around 9 countries, and 11 cities are infinitely superior, and more of a happy satisfying peaceful sanctuary zone.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Another false accusation claim from you? I don't hate any of those countries. I have respectful thoughts on each of those nations of reference depending on exact topic (Switzerland, Belgium, Norway, Canada, Ireland, UK, New Zealand), except maybe Luxembourg.

Honestly, they just have too much sterile tacky forms of chain stores, high taxes, too much barriers OR not enough unique Independent Cafes or Nightclubs. Either all of them, some of those options, or one of those justified hypothetical givens.
What's with the whole independent thing? Virtually all cafes and nightclubs are independent. Everywhere I've been has chain stores, so singling some countries out, makes no sense.

NZ is very much deregulated economically, and is very business friendly -I don't know why you would think that it isn't.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Those Cafes having Wireless Internet are more revolutionary, original, and innovative than ever before. Quite the contrary, definitely not antiquated.

Occasionally, my idea of paradise is visiting one of those independent cafes more than 3 hours some days with my own computer(My record is 15-17 Hours the same exact day at a cafe!) unique ambiance surrounding me outside of my home lots of hours, one main version of ultimate entertaining relevance.

With our Modern World, we all need amazing wifi cafes deep down inside for everyone.

Using wifi on a laptop computer isn't very practical on a main street or a business district when not a cafe. Park Bench, subway, train, on the floor? Optimal comfort is available around cafes. Are there lots of those at New Zealand? I deeply respect how there aren't really any Starbucks next door to Australia. They must have abundant world class wifi cafes at the land down under outback. Is the land of the Kiwi replicating Australia?

Italy is another nation without any Starbucks forcefully not allowing them. Divine intervention finally, thank god. Starsucks is such a fatal virus. No ambiance to speak of most of the time, their coffee makes me feel like throwing up, and there is absolutely no rational reason with their silly unwarranted popularity. My top 50 favorite wifi independent cafes I have visited around 9 countries, and 11 cities are infinitely superior, and more of a happy satisfying peaceful sanctuary zone.
I see more people with laptops, smartphones, notebooks etc, sitting outside at this time of the year, than inside. That makes sense, as town is all Wifi. Maybe in winter there are more people in cafes, on devices, but I don't see many. There used to be 5 internet cafes in town, but now there is only one. About 20 cafes, but thanks to main street Wifi, they all a kind of internet cafe now.

I hope NZ doesn't replicate Australia -the place is full of chain cafes, unlike NZ where the only coffee chains I can think of, are Service station ones. There are the odd starbucks around, but they don't seem that popular. I don't have a problem with Starbucks though, as I'm business friendly. Australia is dominated by chains stores in general, when compared to NZ , has higher business tax, higher rents and higher inflation - why isn't Australia on your little list?

Sounds like the Italians have gone back to fascist ways -forcefully not allowing Starbucks. Very business unfriendly. Maybe they have a Ministry of Coffee?, or a department of Cafes. Having the government decide on which cafes people are able to visit, is crazy -why isn't Italy on your little list?

Last edited by Joe90; 12-26-2015 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
What's with the whole independent thing? Virtually all cafes and nightclubs are independent. Everywhere I've been has chain stores, so singling some countries out, makes no sense.

NZ is very much deregulated economically, and is very business friendly -I don't know why you would think that it isn't.
Just wanted to focus on Independent Business vision. People have to remember these versions of businesses are necessary too.

Whatever, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Just because you are too overly patriotic with New Zealand doesn't mean you say rude or presumptuous false things. Have you even left New Zealand before? Nobody really cares about New Zealand that much if they don't live there, equivalent to not caring about USA if someone isn't living there.

Undeniably, some countries or regions have infinitely less chain stores than others. They are not at the same frequency or even distribution of resources around Planet Earth. Pleasantly Rationalizing or making accurate claims on what people want, need, or desire makes lots of sense, including correlating towards Business.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I see more people with laptops, smartphones, notebooks etc, sitting outside at this time of the year, than inside. That makes sense, as town is all Wifi. Maybe in winter there are more people in cafes, on devices, but I don't see many. There used to be 5 internet cafes in town, but now there is only one. About 20 cafes, but thanks to main street Wifi, they all a kind of internet cafe now.

I hope NZ doesn't replicate Australia -the place is full of chain cafes, unlike NZ where the only coffee chains I can think of, are Service station ones. There are the odd starbucks around, but they don't seem that popular. I don't have a problem with Starbucks though, as I'm business friendly. Australia is dominated by chains stores in general, when compared to NZ , has higher business tax, higher rents and higher inflation - why isn't Australia on your little list?

Sounds like the Italians have gone back to fascist ways -forcefully not allowing Starbucks. Very business unfriendly. Maybe they have a Ministry of Coffee?, or a department of Cafes. Having the government decide on which cafes people are able to visit, is crazy -why isn't Italy on your little list?
Wow, up to 20 cafes at a small New Zealand town! Why have 5 of those Wifi Cafes getting reduced to only one? I bet Auckland and Wellington are much more varied with what they offer, and people are able to get affordable enough or quiet houses there too.

Sort of pathetic and bummy for people with using their wifi devices outside, and not enough at those wifi cafes. Why not? New Zealand is a surprisingly rainy country. Are they wanting to sabotage their own technological items outside? If I was a Kiki New Zealand citizen, I would equally go to those Internet Wifi Cafes on the right days then.

Nobody is really business friendly if they care too much about Starbucks. I am right with a vast majority of nations, especially Austria, and Vietnam. Okay, I will make an exception and maybe alter my mind on New Zealand. Australia is more worldly to foreigners, thought of as open to business, cosmopolitan, and thriving entrepreneurial atmosphere.

Trust me, you are going to despise Starbucks if they were too common. Around North America, they are a virus plague. Lots of North Americans agree with me. We all prefer Independent Cafes for now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World