U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 04:33 PM

14,497 posts, read 10,531,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Whatever, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Just because you are too overly patriotic with New Zealand doesn't mean you say rude or presumptuous false things. Have you even left New Zealand before? Nobody really cares about New Zealand that much if they don't live there, equivalent to not caring about USA if someone isn't living there.
I think it's more of a matter of you having your mind made up, and different views, or even surveys mean little to you.

I'm reasonably patriotic (maybe a 7 on a scale of 10), but this is simply a matter of stating that NZ by OECD standards, has a deregulated economy and minimal barriers to business - something that you seem to think is incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Wow, up to 20 cafes at a small New Zealand town! Why have 5 of those Wifi Cafes getting reduced to only one? I bet Auckland and Wellington are much more varied with what they offer, and people are able to get affordable enough or quiet houses there too.

Sort of pathetic and bummy for people with using their wifi devices outside, and not enough at those wifi cafes. Why not? New Zealand is a surprisingly rainy country. Are they wanting to sabotage their own technological items outside? If I was a Kiki New Zealand citizen, I would equally go to those Internet Wifi Cafes on the right days then.

Nobody is really business friendly if they care too much about Starbucks. I am right with a vast majority of nations, especially Austria, and Vietnam. Okay, I will make an exception and maybe alter my mind on New Zealand. Australia is more worldly to foreigners, thought of as open to business, cosmopolitan, and thriving entrepreneurial atmosphere.

Trust me, you are going to despise Starbucks if they were too common. Around North America, they are a virus plague. Lots of North Americans agree with me. We all prefer Independent Cafes for now on.
Cafes that were specifically internet cafes have diminished as everyone has a device, and the whole main street is wifi. Cafes don't have a policy against no devices, so everywhere is essentially an internet cafe. Everywhere is much the same in regards to Wifi, and no Auckland and Wellington, aren't Cheap and quite compared to the rest of the country.

You must live in a bad climate, if you don't want to sit outside. If you were more interested in climate, you would know that NZ isn't that rainy.

There are Starbucks around, but I don't spend time thinking about them. I just don't believe in discriminating against chains, just as I don't believe in discriminating against independently owned stores-it's part of being business friendly.

Last edited by Joe90; 12-26-2015 at 05:38 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 07:21 PM

5,762 posts, read 9,494,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I think it's more of a matter of you having your mind made up, and different views, or even surveys mean little to you.

I'm reasonably patriotic (maybe a 7 on a scale of 10), but this is simply a matter of stating that NZ by OECD standards, has a deregulated economy and minimal barriers to business - something that you seem to think is incorrect.
No reason to act hostile with your own New Zealand patriotism. How would you feel if any American acted ridiculous, or too arrogant with where they live?

I already have my mind made up, and I have ultimate business vision, just like anyone else expressing those claims.

Nobody really goes to New Zealand to experience their independent business stores. More of an Australian novelty. Honestly, Australia is infinitely more my cup of tea, and I believe New Zealand ought to join unification together. Strange New Zealanders on average are vastly more provincial, narrow minded, or parochial compared to the real Australians. I far prefer all of the Australians I encountered seeming more Worldly, not too quirky, and not too isolated with outlook.

I already respect other views. Just not when it's presented with rude delusional hyperbole malicious unwarranted motives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Cafes that were specifically internet cafes have diminished as everyone has a device, and the whole main street is wifi. Cafes don't have a policy against no devices, so everywhere is essentially an internet cafe. Everywhere is much the same in regards to Wifi, and no Auckland and Wellington, aren't Cheap and quite compared to the rest of the country.

You must live in a bad climate, if you don't want to sit outside. If you were more interested in climate, you would know that NZ isn't that rainy.

There are Starbucks around, but I don't spend time thinking about them. I just don't believe in discriminating against chains, just as I don't believe in discriminating against independently owned stores-it's part of being business friendly.
If you want to continue not traveling or living outside of New Zealand, go right ahead. That's fine.

Um, New Zealand on average statistically has anemic summers, cold freezing oceans, not enough snow at the low elevations rather than the highlands, oceanic drizzle, heavy rain, and even the sunniest areas of New Zealand are not sunnier than Portland Oregon's annual average, especially during random temporary El Nino oscillations when Portland becomes a very sunny city Spring-Autumn. Even sunnier annually than New Zealand during El Nino! Where I live (NYC and Seattle) has more exciting, and much nicer not bad climates. A vast majority of New Zealand gets more annual rain than Portland Oregon ironically. Especially Wellington, Milford Sound, and Auckland.

Nelson certainly sounds dull compared to the rest of New Zealand, even if it's one of the sunniest or driest areas of NZ. Auckland, Wellington, other areas of the South Island New Zealand Alps are more of an essential fun mode of attention.

I hope New Zealand has world class wifi independent cafes like those of other nations.

What you are claiming is not true yet again. I don't mind some chains, and even enjoy some of them: Supermarkets: Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Clothing Stores: H&M, some Food chains: Chipotle, Dunkin' Donuts, Pizza Hut, Ice Cream: Cold Stone Creamery, and some Mega stores: Fred Meyer. Although, I acknowledge the World requires optimal Independent Business stores everywhere.

These are the chains I hate, total polar opposite views compared to the others one and ultimately know in reality they aren't right for this Planet: Mcdonald's, Subway, Starbucks, Ikea.

Of course Business is Independent Stores, Multinational Corporations, Network Modes of Operation, Inherent Bureaucratic Systems, Logistical Flow, Variation Of News Activity Realms, and Entire Ultimate Imaginative Vision.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
No reason to act hostile with your own New Zealand patriotism. How would you feel if any American acted ridiculous, or too arrogant with where they live?

I already have my mind made up, and I have ultimate business vision, just like anyone else expressing those claims.

Nobody really goes to New Zealand to experience their independent business stores. More of an Australian novelty. Honestly, Australia is infinitely more my cup of tea, and I believe New Zealand ought to join unification together. Strange New Zealanders on average are vastly more provincial, narrow minded, or parochial compared to the real Australians. I far prefer all of the Australians I encountered seeming more Worldly, not too quirky, and not too isolated with outlook.

I already respect other views. Just not when it's presented with rude delusional hyperbole malicious unwarranted motives.

If you want to continue not traveling or living outside of New Zealand, go right ahead. That's fine.
It's not about hostility, but business friendly environments -and NZ has one of the best in the OECD.

NZ and Australia are fundamentally different countries, and any talk of unification meaningless.

Re Americans and Australians -I don't have strong views on nationality etc, and don't do favourite/least favourite/pet nationalities.

Quote:
Um, New Zealand on average statistically has anemic summers, cold freezing oceans, not enough snow at the low elevations rather than the highlands, oceanic drizzle, heavy rain, and even the sunniest areas of New Zealand are not sunnier than Portland Oregon's annual average, especially during random temporary El Nino oscillations when Portland becomes a very sunny city Spring-Autumn. Even sunnier annually than New Zealand during El Nino! Where I live (NYC and Seattle) has more exciting, and much nicer not bad climates. A vast majority of New Zealand gets more annual rain than Portland Oregon ironically. Especially Wellington, Milford Sound, and Auckland.
You need to checks some stats. NZ has several regions sunnier than Portland..You might think Seattle weather is nice, but I wasn't a fan of it.

Quote:

Nelson certainly sounds dull compared to the rest of New Zealand, even if it's one of the sunniest or driest areas of NZ. Auckland, Wellington, other areas of the South Island New Zealand Alps are more of an essential fun mode of attention.

I hope New Zealand has world class wifi independent cafes like those of other nations.

What you are claiming is not true yet again. I don't mind some chains, and even enjoy some of them: Supermarkets: Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Clothing Stores: H&M, some Food chains: Chipotle, Dunkin' Donuts, Pizza Hut, Ice Cream: Cold Stone Creamery, and some Mega stores: Fred Meyer. Although, I acknowledge the World requires optimal Independent Business stores everywhere.

These are the chains I hate, total polar opposite views compared to the others one and ultimately know in reality they aren't right for this Planet: Mcdonald's, Subway, Starbucks, Ikea.

Of course Business is Independent Stores, Multinational Corporations, Network Modes of Operation, Inherent Bureaucratic Systems, Logistical Flow, Variation Of News Activity Realms, and Entire Ultimate Imaginative Vision.
It's just the Southern Alps -that's the name, nothing else

Again - We're in a post internet cafe age. Business districts and main streets have free Wifi, so every cafe, hardware store, dentist, and bakery is a potential Wifi venue.

Not sure what your point is regarding chain stores. I don't pay them much attention, unless they have something I want. I'm very much a shop local sort of person.

Last edited by Joe90; 12-26-2015 at 09:11 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 09:32 PM

245 posts, read 240,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I doubt that Portugal is better for Business than the US.
Depends on what type of business as that is rather broad, but Portugal is primed for investment. Portugal is very cheap to invest in due to recent economic troubles and has good infrastructure/middleclass as well. Hard to compare it to a place as vast as the US, but I think an up and coming entrepreneurs would probably look at places like Portugal where you can break in with less capital and the competition is less saturated.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:15 AM

23,727 posts, read 15,071,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedski View Post
Yes it is, because you can bribe the government officials too. Also, these things are happening less and less.

It also helps when you only have to pay 10% in taxes, compared to 50% in Denmark.
No, they aren't. Or maybe in the way that you must be a friend of Putin to get a contract. Why didn't Carrefour, one of the largest grocery chains in Europe, ever venture to Russia? Because of the business climate there.

And BTW, the corporate tax is 23.5% in Denmark, not 50%.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:04 PM

391 posts, read 448,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No, they aren't. Or maybe in the way that you must be a friend of Putin to get a contract. Why didn't Carrefour, one of the largest grocery chains in Europe, ever venture to Russia? Because of the business climate there.

And BTW, the corporate tax is 23.5% in Denmark, not 50%.
You are right. The way you put it made me re-think my position and agree with you. Russia kinda sucks.

However, I still think Denmark sucks, as the rest of the Scandinavian countries. And, I would still rather do business in Russia than in Denmark, because of the larger domestic market and growing middle class.

I know several people making millions in Russia right now. It's all about what kind of business you are in.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:27 PM

4,704 posts, read 4,893,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedski View Post
You are right. The way you put it made me re-think my position and agree with you. Russia kinda sucks.

However, I still think Denmark sucks, as the rest of the Scandinavian countries. And, I would still rather do business in Russia than in Denmark, because of the larger domestic market and growing middle class.

I know several people making millions in Russia right now. It's all about what kind of business you are in.
I guess Russia is ok if you are 'in' with the right people. I would not like to deal with corruption, mafia and the terrible economy. I am pretty sure other emerging markets are better.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:48 PM

4,704 posts, read 4,893,010 times
Quote:
There is adequate to a vast network of business outside of independent ones. Especially those multinational corporations I highly endorse too resembling a technological theme.

Is this the situation around Norway? When I visited Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Austria, and even Italy, all of the main streets have more than enough soul. Usually, those best independent business stores are quite very close to the main street zones, on a vibrant semi-residential side street area.

Are there lots of Independent Wifi Cafes around the country you live in of Norway?
Yes, you will find plenty in Oslo (but not in typical tourist areas) and around the country. Some examples:

Kroghs Kaffebar (map)
Tim Wendelboe (map)
Supreme Roastworks (map)

Old 12-27-2015, 02:21 PM

245 posts, read 240,450 times
Russia has a failing economy and it is incredibly corrupt on pretty much all levels. For every loophole you can find to get rich in Russia, the place can be fiscally unstable enough for you to get screwed out of your work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World