Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 12:58 PM

6,459 posts, read 8,124,951 times

Advertisements

Forbes - Best Countries for Business 2015

1. Denmark
2. New Zealand
3. Norway
4. Ireland
5. Sweden
6. Finland
7. Canada
8. Singapore
9. Netherlands
10. United Kingdom
11. Hong Kong
12. Switzerland
13. Iceland
14. Australia
15. Belgium
16. Portugal
17. Lithuania
18. Germany
19. Estonia
20. Slovenia
21. Taiwan
22. United States
23. Japan
24. Luxembourg
25. Israel

Forbes Welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 01:03 PM

24,144 posts, read 24,663,635 times
What? We dropped behind Sweden and Norway? This must be revenged.

TAXATION IS THEFT! FREE MARKET! END THE SLAVERY OF TAXATION!

Old 12-20-2015, 01:57 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,822,000 times
I doubt that Portugal is better for Business than the US.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:09 PM

919 posts, read 833,793 times
I thought it was a country where no one wears shoes

Old 12-22-2015, 03:39 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,967,230 times
O yeah, Hong Kong is great...the awkward moment when the communists from Beijing decide to take it back...

And Denmark? Among the highest taxes in the world is #1. I call bs.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:44 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
I thought it was a country where no one wears shoes

Sorry you are mistaken they have worn western shoes for generations even the poor people. I do remove my shoes though when entering a house and find it strange that most people don't.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
And Denmark? Among the highest taxes in the world is #1. I call bs.
The corporate tax in Denmark is 23.5%. In the US it is 35%.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:59 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,868,364 times
One ultimate version to decipher what really are the best business countries is independent business stores. Their in depth specific role to the community, variation of store theme, and if they are a ubiquitous occurrence. Bright ultra spiritual unique Entrepreneurial spirit.

My favorite types of Independent Business Stores are Independent Cafes(With Wireless Internet Wifi Especially!), Nightclubs, Bars, Restaurants, all Furniture Stores, and Hotels.

According to reality, Austria, and Vietnam deserve much higher recognition. I can't believe they are not on the top 10. Infinite utopia exists at times around those countries with all of the Independent Cafes, Hotels, and everything imaginable. Saigon undeniably has one of the best Wifi Cafe scenes in the entire World. Austria is an Independent Cafe sanctuary zone. Maybe one of the highest per capita rates of Indie Cafes compared to a vast majority of European countries. Everywhere around Austria when I visited there are pleasant high quality of life surprises.

France, Czech Republic, Romania are all obligatory to include on the top 25, other than Austria, Vietnam to the top 5-top 10. I feel very happy when I am there, and not seeing too much chain stores. Tons of independent store vibrancy.

Honestly, not too much overly complicated exorbitant barriers is all people require when starting up their own business. They want quick and easy business laws, affordable rent, and smooth thriving optimal survival long term. Simplicity, not unwarranted obstacles.

Countries such as New Zealand, Norway, Ireland, Canada, UK, Switzerland(Compered to Austria especially), Belgium, and Luxembourg aren't acting very business friendly to me. Basically, too much expensive store rents, inflation, too much chain stores, and not enough independent business stores occasionally.

Last edited by *******; 12-22-2015 at 05:08 PM..

Old 12-22-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
One ultimate version to decipher what really are the best business countries is independent business stores. Their in depth specific role to the community, variation of store theme, and if they are a ubiquitous occurrence. Bright ultra spiritual unique Entrepreneurial spirit.

My favorite types of Independent Business Stores are Independent Cafes(With Wireless Internet Wifi Especially!), Nightclubs, Bars, Restaurants, all Furniture Stores, and Hotels.

According to reality, Austria, and Vietnam deserve much higher recognition. I can't believe they are not on the top 10. Infinite utopia exists at times around those countries with all of the Independent Cafes, Hotels, and everything imaginable. Saigon undeniably has one of the best Wifi Cafe scenes in the entire World. Austria is an Independent Cafe sanctuary zone. Maybe one of the highest per capita rates of Indie Cafes compared to a vast majority of European countries. Everywhere around Austria when I visited there are pleasant high quality of life surprises.

France, Czech Republic, Romania are all obligatory to include on the top 25, other than Austria, Vietnam to the top 5-top 10. I feel very happy when I am there, and not seeing too much chain stores. Tons of independent store vibrancy.

Honestly, not too much overly complicated exorbitant barriers is all people require when starting up their own business. They want quick and easy business laws, affordable rent, and smooth thriving optimal survival long term. Simplicity, not unwarranted obstacles.

Countries such as New Zealand, Norway, Ireland, Canada, UK, Switzerland(Compered to Austria especially), Belgium, and Luxembourg aren't acting very business friendly to me. Basically, too much expensive store rents, inflation, too much chain stores, and not enough independent business stores occasionally.
I bet most independent stores, cafes, restaurants, nightclubs are located outside the city center. The main streets are always tourist traps.

Last edited by cmptrwlt; 12-22-2015 at 05:38 PM..

Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,499,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Why don't you just be honest, and admit that you hate these countries? - Instead of coming up with lame reasoning that could apply to just about any country in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World