Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 03:55 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times

Advertisements

So here is the situation;
Somewhere in Russia in Arctic, the construction company (contractors to the government military project) employs two cooks - two brothers, one of whom already has criminal record for robbery by the way.)
So these brothers in question feed a polar bear from time to time, that shows up on construction site, who trusts them and even brings her little cub with her to get some food.
These brothers are clearly in violation of the rules that forbid such action, but at least one of them posts the pics of him feeding the mother bear from his hands on his social media account. ( Later on he will remove it in order to change his story.)
Obviously the bear was not posing any threat to people, as it was wondering around them all this time.
Yet one wonderful day ( not) the scumbags decide to put explosives into bears food - just for fun.
So the trusting bear takes the food as usual, and then the video graphically shows the consequences of it.
What happened next to bear (and her cub) nobody knows, but from what I see the official media in Russia first claiming "interrogation" and all is already changing the story, as if the bear "was a threat" and whatever has been done there, was done allegedly in self-defense.
The person that posted this video on Youtube initially received it from the mother of one of the construction workers, who recorded the video on his phone. She was the one who gave explanations to what happened there.
Now as I've said the story is already twisted and changed - at least there are clear attempts to do it.
SO...
Not only the polar bears are endangered species, but it's a despicable act of cruelty, that persons in question might very well escape the appropriate punishment for it.
A lot of Russians were outraged and started couple of petitions. But that doesn't seem good enough, since as I've said the official media seems to start changing the story.
Question - what international community can do about it, since polar bears are endangered species ( i.e. it's not just "property of Russia?"
Here is one of the links to described event, but there are plenty of them out there if you google it. (Just a reminder - the video is very graphic.)

So here is the situation;
Somewhere in Russia in Arctic, the construction company (contractors to the government military project) employs two cooks - two brothers, one of whom already has criminal record for robbery by the way.)
So these brothers in question feed a polar bear from time to time, that shows up on construction site, who trusts them and even brings her little cub with her to get some food.
These brothers are clearly in violation of the rules that forbid such action, but at least one of them posts the pics of him feeding the mother bear from his hands on his social media account. ( Later on he will remove it in order to change his story.)
Obviously the bear was not posing any threat to people, as it was wondering around them all this time.
Yet one wonderful day ( not) the scumbags decide to put explosives into bears food - just for fun.
So the trusting bear takes the food as usual, and then the video graphically shows the consequences of it.
What happened next to bear (and her cub) nobody knows, but from what I see the official media in Russia first claiming "interrogation" and all is already changing the story, as if the bear "was a threat" and whatever has been done there, was done allegedly in self-defense.
The person that posted this video on Youtube initially received it from the mother of one of the construction workers, who recorded the video on his phone. She was the one who gave explanations to what happened there.
Now as I've said the story is already twisted and changed - at least there are clear attempts to do it.
SO...
Not only the polar bears are endangered species, but it's a despicable act of cruelty, that persons in question might very well escape the appropriate punishment for it.
A lot of Russians were outraged and started couple of petitions. But that doesn't seem good enough, since as I've said the official media seems to start changing the story.
Question - what international community can do about it, since polar bears are endangered species ( i.e. it's not just "property of Russia?"
Here is one of the links to described event, but there are plenty of them out there if you google it. (Just a reminder - the video is very graphic.)

Video shows a polar bear in agony after being fed EXPLOSIVES at Russian military base | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 02:40 AM

Good news - petition in English is started as well, and I see a lot of people signing it from different countries. Not sure that I can post a link here, but... it's a "petition polar bear killed: bring to justice"
Directed at "Russian state prosecutor's office" - to let them know that this sh*t is not going unnoticed, as much as they'd probably like to.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:52 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,635 times
Too bad they weren't fed explosives.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Too bad they weren't fed explosives.
That's what I would say too, so I definitely want to do my part so that this event wouldn't go *unnoticed.*

P.S. So far mostly the French are signing it I see)))) (But I'm sure there will be others too)))

Old 12-27-2015, 11:09 AM

I am surprised to see that the Frenchies are still going - few thousands of them are signing already)))

Old 12-29-2015, 05:22 AM

3,983 posts, read 6,791,114 times
Why does it sounds like a propaganda effort to me?

Old 12-29-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Why does it sounds like a propaganda effort to me?

What "propaganda effort?"

Did you see the video?

P.S. About 30,000 people signed the petition already, from all over the world.
They understood.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/549/2...ruel-murderer/

Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 AM

Any petitions against hunters killing bears in the USA?

Old 12-29-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Any petitions against hunters killing bears in the USA?
This was not hunting.
This was a classic case of cruelty to animals, which Putin's Russia hypothetically speaking has the law for, but barely use it.
It was a Polar bear. The endangered species, protected by the Red Book even in Russia.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:26 PM

I know it was a cruel act, and those responsible must be punished.

But I don't see why it's relevant enough to get international atention.

Unless the real goal is a propaganda operation to show to the world how "Putin's Russia is barbaric, uh, oh!"

Hunters in the USA are as barbaric as those guys in Russia, they kill bears "for sport", that's a thing for barbaric cowards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World