Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:26 PM

836 posts, read 1,254,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
This may have been the case years ago (regarding hatred for all Jews), but the new generation of Palestinians are realizing that it is not all Jews that are involved in the occupation, but only the ones who staunchly support Zionism.
There's still a lot of such incitement to this very day. Take a look at this link (from an Israeli embassy), for example. In such incitement, they very often don't distinguish between Israel and Jews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
And Israel is not their "neighbor", it is their "occupier". Would your "neighbor" put up a fence with barbwire around your house, and restrict you from leaving unless they aloud it? Don't think so.
I just mean "neighbour" in a geographic sense. I don't mean in terms of good relations or lack thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 04:50 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooer View Post
I am in Europe right now and I have been to neighborhoods where women are not safe because of the "local muslims", I also have gay friends who tell me stories of how they're harassed by local muslims!

BTW I am mostly talking about North Africans, since my experience with muslims in Europe resumes to them. I don't know about Turkish in Austria. (I only went to Vienna once and to do tourist things)
So, tell me: which are those neighbourhoods?

Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,604,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooer View Post
like an ostrich, let's hide our heads in the sand and pretend everything is ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltyhmrIFgo
You mean this propaganda, when you live in Paris, you know that this propaganda.

Like how "Molboro" (street vendors selling fake cigarettes in Barbes) become "Homo" (insult).
Like how by walking randomly you can be just inside some of worst housing estates of the city where any "outsiders" (no matter if he jewish or not) would be badly welcomed by local drugs dealers.
Expacially somone with visible bodyguards.

A journalist has walked with a kippa in Paris and other French citioes for hours and did not have a single reaction negative.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:46 PM

839 posts, read 3,070,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yofie View Post
"Over the years, the scope of The Fellowship’s efforts to rescue Jews in peril has expanded beyond the former Soviet Union to include those living under state-sanctioned anti-Semitism in Arab lands, thousands of “lost†Jews found living in remote corners of Ethiopia and India and Jews living in Argentina, where rampant anti-Semitism has led many to look to Israel for their future."
I'm very surprised about this. It sounds so out of reality. The reason why many Argentine Jews migrate to Israel is economic. Nothing to do with anti-Semitism. It's the same reason why other Argentines migrate elsewhere.

BTW, as another poster said, Argentina and SOuth America in general has always been a haven for Jews escaping WWII. Even though there have also been some Nazi criminals fleeing to South America, I'm almost completely sure there have been way many more Jews than Nazis coming here.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
Quote:
South America, though, got a lot of Nazi war criminals (from Germany, Austria, etc.), some of them senior Nazi members, after WWII. Eichmann, Mengele, etc. come to mind.
Yeah.. thinking about this and this been around for some time...

Kind of hard to say that South america or even latin america is on their side or friendly to them.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I'm very surprised about this. It sounds so out of reality. The reason why many Argentine Jews migrate to Israel is economic. Nothing to do with anti-Semitism. It's the same reason why other Argentines migrate elsewhere.
Possibly also to escape the crime that has, from what I understand, skyrocketed in Argentina since the 2001-02 crisis?

Old 02-24-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Possibly also to escape the crime that has, from what I understand, skyrocketed in Argentina since the 2001-02 crisis?
That could also be the reason, but that crime was common street crime, unrelated to anti-semitism.

BTW, street crime skyrocketed DURING the 2001-2002 crisis, and then went down to "normal" levels. It has probably increased lately though.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Yeah.. thinking about this and this been around for some time...

Kind of hard to say that South america or even latin america is on their side or friendly to them.
Perhaps it's hard for you because you don't live in South America and only see what the media shows of Latin America, which is mostly the bad things.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
That could also be the reason, but that crime was common street crime, unrelated to anti-semitism.
Yeah, I know. Common street crime (plus carjackings and home invasions) is exactly what I mean here.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:17 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
Quote:
Perhaps it's hard for you because you don't live in South America and only see what the media shows of Latin America, which is mostly the bad things.
Huh???

Talking about the anti-semitism and the nazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World