Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:46 AM

10 posts, read 21,698 times

Advertisements

Who would win in a war, with no nukes involved, china or the usa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,115,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc820307 View Post
Who would win in a war, with no nukes involved, china or the usa?
China could not invade the US, US could not take China. Fought in Europe, Africa or the Middle East or so I guess the US would take it. In Asia could be tough.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:13 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,241,659 times
Half the Chinese would cross the lines and fight for us.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:42 AM

526 posts, read 451,949 times
The US for sure. It has the world's biggest army and makes up over a third of the world's military spending. The US took down the Soviet Union and has picked on quite a few countries, so I'm sure defeating China would be doable.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM

14,830 posts, read 11,950,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
The US for sure. It has the world's biggest army and makes up over a third of the world's military spending. The US took down the Soviet Union and has picked on quite a few countries, so I'm sure defeating China would be doable.
It didn't 'take down the Soviet Union' militarily though it was economic reasons that caused the collapse of the Soviet Union. The Russians are usually under estimated in the matter of war yet they are hard ******** look at the way they fought over Stalingrad! Fanatical, would the citizens of the US or anywhere else have been able to do the same? I'm not so sure.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:30 AM

9,451 posts, read 10,753,309 times
All out war?? The US would eventually win but it would be bloody and costly, probably the worst war in US history. An invasion of mainland China would cost millions of US lives. The Chinese would also likely find a way to hit the US mainland with missiles and air strikes bringing war to US civilians. To bring a victory in this war we would have to kill tens of millions of Chinese and destroy that nation in the same fashion that Germany was destroyed during WW2. China is much larger, so a lot more effort and troops would be needed. I cant imagine what would make a war such as this worth it. The effort would bleed the US dry, we would be a lesser nation when it was over. We would also likely be monsters for the things we would do in order to win such a war. God forbid any thing like that ever occur. Neither China or the USA could possibly benefit from such a disaster.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:50 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,008,142 times
Oh please, NEITHER country is that foolish enough to wage ANY war!

Old 01-13-2016, 12:52 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,273,216 times
I don't think either country could effectively invade and hold the other country long enough to ensure victory.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:36 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,225,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post

Do we spend more, do we have some of the best equipment and largest navies, do we have the best trained....I would agree.

However, we do not have the largest military.....

Active US Military personnel at the start of 2014 (and it has gone down, and scheduled to reduce by about 40K this year): 1,369,532 with another 850,880 in reserve components.

China; with has 2,285,000 active personnel and 2,300,000 in reserves. China's active is larger than our active and reserve.

Will they all fight? Will they switch sides? Are they well trained? Is their equipment any good? Who knows. Not sure I want to be around to find out!

And I really believe the only way we could ever defeat them was if they were hit on two fronts. And I doubt that would ever happen. Unless China attacked Russia they would stay out and eat popcorn (or drink Vodka). And I would actually have more hope in Russia helping us than Europe (aka NATO). Europe is more afraid of political correctness than they are on how the world is going and will be happy to learn a new language if necessary. So it would be us and them.

And not sure China could ever invade us either.

But the biggest problem we have is they will take away the smart phones and all the other garbage they make!

Old 01-13-2016, 05:43 PM

10,643 posts, read 15,966,995 times
USA because it has way more allies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World