Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 03:59 AM

570 posts, read 604,432 times

Advertisements

This year Spain already has more than 68 million tourists and is in second place the world after France
Although France adds many tourists that only they is crossing France through path to Spain and Italy
This is the first year that a significant number of americans tourists came from USA.
It seems as if in the USA have not heard that Spain is the country with the most World heritage cities according to Unesco,and heritage artistic second place world s ,that is the best country of europe for shopping, for to go holidays,

This that all europeans know and so they full us spain of tourists,etc etc etc
I see that tourists americans in Europe They go only in mass to Paris Rome Venice and London, and 4 places more.
Because they have ignored until now Spain ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 04:38 AM

I add to my previous post this.-

One thing I think important is that I read in the Forums that americans are afraid to leave the stranger .
And Spain is a the countries as less homicides in the world . Per 5 times less than USA.
Only just beware of pickpockets in agglomerations that are often are also foreigners who have come for the portfolios for many tourists who are in Spain.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:08 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
This year Spain already has more than 68 million tourists and is in second place the world after France
Although France adds many tourists that only they is crossing France through path to Spain and Italy
This is the first year that a significant number of americans tourists came from USA.
It seems as if in the USA have not heard that Spain is the country with the most World heritage cities according to Unesco,and heritage artistic second place world s ,that is the best country of europe for shopping, for to go holidays,

I see that tourists americans in Europe They go only in mass to Paris Rome Venice and London, and 4 places more.
USA is a huge country and most Americans vacation somewhere else in the USA rather than travel abroad. Mexico gets by far the most tourists that leave the country and Canada also gets far more US tourists than anywhere in Europe or Asia. Of the Euro countries Americans travel to, Spain is 5th behind Britain, France, Italy and Germany.

As I've posted before, Spain is the only Euro country I enjoy spending time in, at least so far. I think Spain is starting to gain some interest from Americans more than ever as Americans (many of whom speak at least some Spanish), return and praise their time in Spain.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:43 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,992,636 times
Don't many Europeans travel to Spain to lie on the beach?

Old 01-30-2016, 12:10 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,789,895 times
Quote:

I worked many years with study abroad programs in the US and the #1 study abroad destination for many colleges was consistently Spain. I think it may be more popular than you assume, I always hear of people traveling there.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:09 PM

As it says in this Forum in the the messages of a forista (Tall Travel) , USA is very large but however the tourists americans in Spain only occupy the num 7 place.-

I think it is due to the false and bad and absurdly image that they gave american the films about Spain,
In other messages more ahead perhaps I ll give some examples .

Old 01-30-2016, 02:17 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,992,636 times
Actually, if the USA ranks 7th, it is probably because there are sunny beaches closer to us than Spain.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:28 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,180,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
Don't many Europeans travel to Spain to lie on the beach?
Yes, the main destinations are the Canary Island and the Balearic islands (Ibiza, Mallorca), but Barcelona is very popular, too.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:29 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,366 times
Quote:
As it says in this Forum in the the messages of a forista (Tall Travel) , USA is very large but however the tourists americans in Spain only occupy the num 7 place.-

I think it is due to the false and bad and absurdly image that they gave american the films about Spain,
In other messages more ahead perhaps I ll give some examples .
Nobody in the US has a bad impression of Spain. I don't know where you get that idea. If anything, Americans don't really know much of anything about Spain except it's the place where they have bull fighting, flamenco music, and Zorro.

Spain is competing against some heavy hitters in Europe for American tourists such as the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Greece, and others. Some of those countries have deeper cultural ties and more well-known attractions for Americans.

It's absurd that you think Americans have a negative image of Spain when countries such as Italy(mobsters) and German(Nazis) and France(generally rude people) are dealt with much more harshly when it comes to American popular culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
Actually, if the USA ranks 7th, it is probably because there are sunny beaches closer to us than Spain.
Exactly, Europe barely shows up on the radar for beaches when we have Florida, California, the Gulf, Mexico, and the Caribbean within a couple hours flight.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:04 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,017,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Americans don't really know much of anything about Spain except it's the place where they have bull fighting, flamenco music, and Zorro.
I thought Zorro was Mexican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World