Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:39 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,855 times

Advertisements

I like the Canadian, Greek, Spanish and Uruguyan flags
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not so fast....what about tariffs? States' rights vs. Federation? If you're going to make such a broad statement why don't you do a bit of online research (it's right at your fingertips) before you stick your foot in your mouth.

Just a friendly reminder for everyone to stay on topic.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,761 times
Many flags are pretty...many flags are well known...but few flags fly for freedom like this one. It represents a country that survived the first genocide of the 20th century and as an old Soviet Union satellite...now a proud and free democratic country...Armenia.
Next to The American Flag...my very first choice, I also love our state flag, that of North Carolina.
Excellent idea for a thread...refreshing.
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite Flags of the World-armenian-flag.png   Favorite Flags of the World-north-varolina-flag.gif  

Old 02-29-2008, 01:14 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,708 times
Default Norway - Sweden variations

I always liked the royal flags, or whatever official standards they are, of the Norwegian and Swedish flags with the spiked leeward edge. They look great flagging in the wind on boat and ship transoms.

The Norway-Sweden Union royal flags (1800s) are interesting, too. Kind of funny that each country had their own version. As we now know from history, Norway and Sweden had their own ideas of what the union was about, as well.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 02-29-2008 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Add title

Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLoki View Post
thats my Favorite flag in the world! i am a southerner through and through had relatives that fought against northern tyranny, that flag will always hold a special place in my heart.
I knew it wouldn't be long before someone brought up that flag. I am a southerner but I am an american FIRST and that flag makes me sick to my stomach for all that it represents. I want people to know that there are very few southerners that still respect the confederate flag.

We already have state flags to symbolize the south and our respective states. The actual South Carolina flag is my absolute favorite state flag. Palmetto trees are beautiful and who doesn't love the coast. I wish I knew how to post pictures for those of you from other countries.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:25 AM

jenn:

You can attach photos from your own folders when you post a message. Look at the attachment feature in the message box at the bottom. I believe there are in depth instructions somewhere in FAQ but not sure where...perhaps a Mod can jump in and assist. What I do is click on "manage attachments" then "browse" and when I find the photo I want to upload I click on it then on attach. It is easy once you do it just one time.. If you cannot DM me and I will post the SC flag in your behalf.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:02 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,594,161 times
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Will that be OK... S.Carolina

Last edited by Yac; 01-16-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-29-2008, 10:44 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,296 times
Default Here's my fav!!!

Missouri State Flag
Moderator cut: linking to images from competitors sites is not allowed

Centered on red, white and blue fields is the Missouri state seal. It is encircled by a blue band with twenty-four stars representing the number of states in 1821. The stars in the inner circle have the same meaning. Two huge grizzly bears support the circular shield in the center which has three parts:

]The motto "United We Stand, Divided we Fall"
The right section representing the United States
The left section containing a moon representing a new state and a grizzly bear standing for courage.
Moderator cut: linking to images from competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 03-06-2008 at 07:24 AM..

Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,722,465 times
Before the world turned their back on them Rhodesia had a great flag...

http://rhodesian.server101.com/bestrhoflag8cm.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Here is another pretty state flag with a lot of historical significance dating back to the birth of America. It is the flag of The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations::
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite Flags of the World-rhode-island.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World