U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:19 PM

339 posts, read 768,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I have lived under 2 flags in my lifetime and am quite partial to both of them...
As much as I love Australia, I wish that the flag could be a little more original...ditto the Kiwi flag. I prefer the Aboriginal flag...
http://www.ausflag.com.au/flags/images/ab.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 08:25 PM

339 posts, read 768,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
I knew it wouldn't be long before someone brought up that flag. I am a southerner but I am an american FIRST and that flag makes me sick to my stomach for all that it represents. I want people to know that there are very few southerners that still respect the confederate flag.

We already have state flags to symbolize the south and our respective states. The actual South Carolina flag is my absolute favorite state flag. Palmetto trees are beautiful and who doesn't love the coast. I wish I knew how to post pictures for those of you from other countries.
Good response...I know next to nothing about the American civil war but I have to say with my limited knowledge the confederacy flag does not represent good things at all. While it's a part of the US history, I'm unsure as to how anyone could still be proud of it.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:58 AM

2,421 posts, read 3,087,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgal View Post
As much as I love Australia, I wish that the flag could be a little more original...ditto the Kiwi flag. I prefer the Aboriginal flag...
http://www.ausflag.com.au/flags/images/ab.gif (broken link)
I also like the Aboriginal nations flag.

I think this should have been our flag, The Eureka Stockade "Southern Cross" Flag - An event in Aussie history, Where a dispute over Miners rights, Nearly turned into a major revolt and is seen as an icon of Australian democracy.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:43 PM

31 posts, read 112,805 times
Hi cre8.
the myth about Poland is not one i have heard, the legend says, that the danish flag fell down from the sky in estonia (or was it latvais9 in the 12th century and was taken as a sign of victory (I think). Fact is that the danish flag is one of the oldest flags in the world.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:41 PM

2,655 posts, read 6,931,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c jessen View Post
Hi cre8.
the myth about Poland is not one i have heard, the legend says, that the danish flag fell down from the sky in estonia (or was it latvais9 in the 12th century and was taken as a sign of victory (I think). Fact is that the danish flag is one of the oldest flags in the world.
Right on, c jessen. I probably had the story mixed up (Poland, Estonia, Latvia), though I have heard that the Danish flag is one of the oldest. Thanks for the info!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:31 PM

140 posts, read 384,525 times
Canada's flag is my favorite. But, our flag is the most symbolic in the world--by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World