U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Status: "Hot Dogs - Ices - Midlife Crisis" (set 3 days ago)

3,276 posts, read 918,863 times

Advertisements

Creative England | Creative England

I Love Filming In England - Creative England Youtube

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-12-2016 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 04:29 PM

951 posts, read 620,365 times
As a fledgling filmmaker myself, this is all potentially good news

Old 06-12-2016, 06:46 PM

969 posts, read 454,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
As a fledgling filmmaker myself, this is all potentially good news
Do you have any work you've uploaded to youtube?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Do you have any work you've uploaded to youtube?
Nothing of note, just a few shorts of varying levels of quality I've made or helped out on. I'd post them but obviously I'd like to remain anonymous on here! My biggest claim to fame so far is making a very short film for a competition which featured Daisy Ridley before she got her big break

Old 06-13-2016, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Nothing of note, just a few shorts of varying levels of quality I've made or helped out on. I'd post them but obviously I'd like to remain anonymous on here! My biggest claim to fame so far is making a very short film for a competition which featured Daisy Ridley before she got her big break
Best of Luck with the film making pbobcat, the UK is certainly a great place to maker films.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:10 AM

Another interesting fact about Britain is the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) was started in the Bristol bedroom of a nerdy film fan called Coinl Neddham.

Meet the most powerful Brit in Hollywood: Col Needham, creator of IMDB - The Guardian

And the Oscar winner is...'Net nerd' Colin Needham who founded IMDb | This is Money

​The man behind IMDb - CBS News

IMDb run by 'self-confessed geek' Colin Needham from a house in Bristol | Daily Mail Online

Oscars 2016: IMDb's British founder heading to Hollywood awards show - but who is Col Needham? - Mirror Online

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-13-2016 at 04:20 AM..

Old 06-13-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Best of Luck with the film making pbobcat, the UK is certainly a great place to maker films.
Thank you BNW! When I've made something I'm really proud of I might post it here

Old 06-15-2016, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Thank you BNW! When I've made something I'm really proud of I might post it here

Old 06-17-2016, 09:20 AM

1,608 posts, read 581,958 times
looks like London is on top in terms of big movie production (money spent) California leads list of states for film production, but loses market share

Movies need to be made in LA again

Old 06-17-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
looks like London is on top in terms of big movie production (money spent) California leads list of states for film production, but loses market share

Movies need to be made in LA again
London is doing well, however LA still has a lot of big studios and a big market share. I think there is room for more places outside of Hollywood, but that's not to say that Los Angeles is not a great place to make movies and it is still the main movie producer in the Western World.

British weather? Not a problem - we can just edit it out, says film industry

Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba launch mission to build 130m home for British film on South Bank | Film | Going Out | London Evening Standard

New home of film and TV hailed by Bond rivals Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World