Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:21 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Interesting. Maybe. I don't see him being friends with bill, his daughter being friends with Chelsea but him having no sort of relationship with Hillary. You could very well be right but it isn't registering in my head.
George Bush [both of them] and Bill Clinton have become friends, but Hillary Clinton isn't friends with either. Different people and style. In real life, it happens that one spouse becomes friends with a person and the other might be politely friendly but not really click. And somehow given Bill Clinton's umm, temperament and style and I could see them having a lot personality-wise in common.

Bill Clinton certainly didn't "make" Trump run for President; Trump was considering for a while, and I suspect his birther-ism was a way to get attention among some Republican.

These 25 New York political operatives had come to ask him to run for governor. But Trump had another plan—a very specific plan—to run for president... He said, ‘I’m going to walk away with it and win it outright,’” a long-time New York political consultant recalled. “Trump told us, ‘I’m going to get in and all the polls are going to go crazy. I’m going to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I know how to work the media in a way that they will never take the lights off of me.’”

This was December 2013

How Trump Did It - POLITICO Magazine

Last edited by nei; 05-05-2016 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 04:24 PM

3,880 posts, read 4,533,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granit View Post
old hag. i can't understand how you can put up with her.
There's an old geezer still trying to sneak up on her and take her down.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:26 PM

3,880 posts, read 4,533,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post

Overall, America is fucked up. The world is fucked up. Everyone has lost hope in politics.
Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!

Sigh... I don't even WANT a President anymore!

Old 05-05-2016, 04:32 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Trump went back and forth between the two parties; in the 80s and first half of the 2000s he was Republican. First interview he gave after announcing his candiacy he was asked who his favorite president was after Ronald Reagan. His answer: Bill Clinton. Trump called Bill Clinton several times for advice before deciding to run. Clinton eventually called back and was "curious" and "upbeat and encouraging"

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bill-clinton-called-donald-trump-ahead-of-republicans-2016-launch/2015/08/05/e2b30bb8-3ae3-11e5-b3ac-8a79bc44e5e2_story.html[/url]

My guess is Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are friends, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump never really were.
He switches back and forth with everything based on what is convenient to his narcissistic and business needs. One day he is Democrat, the next Repuplican. One day he is a globalist, the next, ultra-dramatic nationalist.
One day he says he would sleep with his beautiful daughter, the next he screams about family values.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:58 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,813,600 times
She's not up to my liking, simply because of her foreign policy which is what i should care about as a non American. She's simply excessively militarist and i want the military and political influence of the USA especially over Europe, North Africa and the Middle East to be reduces, that's why i would prefer a more isolationist candidate such as Trump (add to that that the USA's popularity would go down to Bush presidency levels if not lower, TTIP would be scrapped, maybe a larger number of troops would be withdrawn from our bases and so on)

When it comes to internal politics, i would far prefer Clinton of course but she's still far from reflecting my political ideas (i'm further to the left). I think the current political situation highlights the need for America to abandon bipartisan politics, most of the population will have to choose between two candidates that don't represent them and which they don't have a liking for because of them probably being the two most unpopular figures amongst those who were running as the candidate of each political party. If i were American, i would vote for a 3rd party candidate both as a sign of protest to the current system and because i wouldn't feel represented by any of the two candidates (if i were an American Democrat in contrast with the figure of Hillary i would choose the Greens and if i were an American Republican in contrast with Trump i would choose the Constitution or Libertarian Party candidates).

Quote:
George Bush [both of them] and Bill Clinton have become friends, but Hillary Clinton isn't friends with either. Different people and style. In real life, it happens that one spouse becomes friends with a person and the other might be politely friendly but not really click. And somehow given Bill Clinton's umm, temperament and style and I could see them having a lot personality-wise in common.

Bill Clinton certainly didn't "make" Trump run for President; Trump was considering for a while, and I suspect his birther-ism was a way to get attention among some Republican.

These 25 New York political operatives had come to ask him to run for governor. But Trump had another plan—a very specific plan—to run for president... He said, ‘I’m going to walk away with it and win it outright,’” a long-time New York political consultant recalled. “Trump told us, ‘I’m going to get in and all the polls are going to go crazy. I’m going to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I know how to work the media in a way that they will never take the lights off of me.’”

This was December 2013

Well, Trump was right but the fact that people were swayed by his discours against the establishments despite him being the establishment or even better, part of what controls the establishments or by his discours against liberalism despite him being a liberal reflects negatively on all the American citizens who have voted him for these exact reasons. But then again, it seems that populism is gaining traction anywhere but at least in Western European countries it's enacted by more credible figures

Old 05-05-2016, 05:10 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,246,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Your daily Mark Dice. I'm not quite sure if they have Trump in mind, however.

Interesting, but this is useless unless they show every single person interviewed. With "creative" editing you can pretty much get any viewpoint across. As for Hilary, I'm not sure. I've not done too much research, but something doesn't seem right with her, but compared to The Donald...?

Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,363,735 times
I haven't been following this campaign season as closely as maybe I ought to. Trying to avoid exposure to Trump's latest rhetorical flatulent dyspepsia.

My Dad's 92 years young and he's quite a Hillary fan. He's usually pretty cynical about politics too.

Haven't heard much chat up here about the election in general, really.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:05 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:

This was December 2013

Good post. Makes a lot of sense.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:23 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
She's not up to my liking, simply because of her foreign policy which is what i should care about as a non American. She's simply excessively militarist and i want the military and political influence of the USA especially over Europe, North Africa and the Middle East to be reduces, that's why i would prefer a more isolationist candidate such as Trump (add to that that the USA's popularity would go down to Bush presidency levels if not lower, TTIP would be scrapped, maybe a larger number of troops would be withdrawn from our bases and so on)

When it comes to internal politics, i would far prefer Clinton of course but she's still far from reflecting my political ideas (i'm further to the left). I think the current political situation highlights the need for America to abandon bipartisan politics, most of the population will have to choose between two candidates that don't represent them and which they don't have a liking for because of them probably being the two most unpopular figures amongst those who were running as the candidate of each political party. If i were American, i would vote for a 3rd party candidate both as a sign of protest to the current system and because i wouldn't feel represented by any of the two candidates (if i were an American Democrat in contrast with the figure of Hillary i would choose the Greens and if i were an American Republican in contrast with Trump i would choose the Constitution or Libertarian Party candidates).
Trump has vowed to defeat ISIS and make the world secure. That's not going to happen by being isolationist. He's talking out of both sides of his orange face. The only reason he may come across as isolationist is because of the wall he wants on our southern border. That's an attempt at controlling illegal immigration, not an attempt at isolating the US. He wants other NATO countries to pay their share. That's only fair and it's perhaps the only thing I agree with him on. Because of Pearl Harbor and WWII, the USA will never again be and isolationist country. One thing about American society you need to realize is, Americans never forget and never return to any position that may put the country in a situation where something else bad may happen whether it be a foreign or domestic policy. For this reason, troops will never be withdrawn from Europe as this was a result of WWII and some current perceived threat will always be the justification for keeping them there. The USA may forgive but it does not EVER forget.

I agree with you about our two party system. This is unlikely to change because corporations are so far entrenched into our political system, it would take some sort of uprising and/or revolution to change it. Third party candidates will never get the media attention needed from the corporate run media.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,432,557 times
I personaly would preffer Bernie over her.

She looks like a fake democrat to me.

Interesting that on these elections people seem to have chosen the most fake republican and the most fake democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World