Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:55 PM

3,882 posts, read 4,534,690 times

Advertisements

Read some of the Trump thread, but would like to know what any thoughts are concerning Hillary Clinton?

Chances are pretty good, like it or not, she will be our next U.S. president.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 04:18 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
Probably a predictable continuation of the Obama doctrine. She might have a penchant for being a bit more militaristic than Obama... She isn't going to rock the boat, but at the same time a whole lot more stable than Trump and will p*ss a lot less people off than him. She is the more sane choice of the two, since unfortunately Sanders campaign is berning out and his path to the Dem nomination is all but gone..

I agree - Billary will be the next POTUS - the odds are stacked against Trump demographically and politically. It will be popcorn worthy to see Trumps attacks though.. Hillary probably had to be 'nice' with Sanders but you'll probably see her nasty side come out with Trump - which is the real her so she'll be in her element against him and is probably looking forward to being able to let her claws out and not have to fake smile so much.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Very fake, stereotypical politician.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:11 PM

164 posts, read 160,039 times
When even the pro-dems above have few good things to say about her, that's bad news.

I think she's untrustworthy and does not have her country's best interests in mind. A bought and paid for politician and a continuation of the status quo. This ignores some hair-raising independent testimonies to her private conduct as Secretary of State and First Lady which suggest that she is categorically unsuitable for office and morally reprobate, to put it mildly.

If she becomes POTUS, she will effectively be a third Obama term, continuing the trend line of economic and social decline. The US probably deserves her, unfortunately.

Trump, for all his faults, I think genuinely wants to do what his best for his country. I don't think anyone can really say the same about Clinton.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:38 PM

969 posts, read 825,247 times
Barely a few years ago, pretty much the entire nation despised her. Now she's considered a suitable candidate for the presidency.

This is the media machine in action, a case study in how susceptible a significant subset of the general public are to various modes of subliminal suggestion. Ultimately, there's no excuse for the people of the U.S.A. on being amply forewarned:

Cattle futures.
Russian reset.
Sniper fire in Bosnia.
Benghazi.
Bill's sex victims.
$6 billion in State Department funds missing.
Foreign money.
Personal emails.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:37 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
not much.
very much an "Establishment" figure with others pulling her strings.
if she is your next president then gawd help you and the US.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:02 AM

3,882 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
not much.
very much an "Establishment" figure with others pulling her strings.
if she is your next president then gawd help you and the US.
She's had "approval ratings" problems for years, yet she was ordained to stroll back into the White house to be put in charge. Trump is the best thing that could have happened to her. (Not to mention all the other numerous headaches that's been happening in the Republican party).

In the political forum there was discussion of Trump's VP pick. Someone joked about him choosing Sarah Palin, and if that happened, then I'll know for sure Trump and the Clintons are in cahoots! Lol! I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Donald Trump the obnoxious reality show star, and Bill Clinton's corrupt wife!

Oh well, at least the next few months will be entertaining! Popcorn indeed!

Old 05-05-2016, 01:27 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
In the political forum there was discussion of Trump's VP pick. Someone joked about him choosing Sarah Palin, and if that happened, then I'll know for sure Trump and the Clintons are in cahoots! Lol! I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
You wouldn't be alone in thinking that. Until this campaign, Donald Trump pretty much supported Democrats and even supported Obama in 2008. He has always been close with the Clinton's and their daughters are best friends. Maybe Trumps supporters have been bamboozled.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:33 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
I don't like Trump, and I am not sure about Clinton. So for Americans it's really going to be a case of Beggars Can't Be Choosers.

There is at least one area of England where Clinton is popular, her Rodham ancestors were from County Durham in England.

Hillary Clinton: From North-East mining stock to American presidential candidate (From The Northern Echo)

Durham Cathedral bosses say Bill and Hillary Clinton welcome 'any time' - Chronicle Live

Hilary Clinton may visit North - The Journal

As for Trump he's a mixture of German on his father's side and his mother was Scottish from the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides

In search of Donald Trump's Scottish roots - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-05-2016 at 01:49 AM..

Old 05-05-2016, 02:20 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times
She is better than the clown she is up against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World