Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times

Advertisements

It's not so much that people bag on the largest city. It's that the people who live in the largest city suffer from superiority complex and are unable to handle criticism of their city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 11:28 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
What I am saying is what happens at our Southern border is something I deal with first hand. You don't live in southern California, Texas, New Mexico, or southern Arizona so you don't see things like I do. And if you did you would have brought it up by now.

I said all four states along the southern border had a special insight on the border because we deal with it on a first-hand basis. You assumed that I meant only Arizona because that's the state I live in and that's false. It includes California, New Mexico, and Texas as well. I never once said Arizona only. That was something you assumed, and you assumed that since I live in Arizona that I agree with my state's policies. That's just an ignorant thing to do by the way, assume things about other people.

Can you point out where I said I hated immigrants? I want an exact word-for-word quote from my post history. If you reread my post, which you should probably do several times because your reading comprehension is poor. I strictly said because I know illegals who have done these things but I still don't hate them. Until you actually prove and cite my posts where I said I hated immigrants, that I hated the U.S. government, then you are just pulling things out of thin air. You're just reaching for things because you're losing.

Proof of you still trying to justify your opinion is posting here instead of messaging me like I said. Only insecure people feel the need to justify their opinions on the Internet. If you were so sure that you have more knowledge about what goes on not even an hour away from me than I do then why are you even bothering to reply to me? I should just talk about New York City so much since I don't live there, that obviously means I can know more than someone who has lived in the City for more than 20 years, right? I have lived in this region of the country for more than 20 years, I doubt you know it better than I do. You just think you do because you are self-righteous. You might as well stop now. That ugly attitude of yours is starting to show.

You belong in the P&OC forum, not here.
I wouldn't even attempt to reason with that person anymore as it is clear that he/she has made up their mind. I too dealt with the troubled logic by them. Like I said, it's people in distant parts of the country like them who get elected and don't deal with the problem properly that has created the problems we are having.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:59 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,814,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
It's not so much that people bag on the largest city. It's that the people who live in the largest city suffer from superiority complex and are unable to handle criticism of their city.
Very true. It happens all the time. There is not a single place in the world that is a Utopia. There is a specific Arizona poster who is pro-Arizona on everything and is con-everywhere else and views Phoenix as a utopia which is a poor way of thinking. Every place has their problems and it would be stupid to ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I wouldn't even attempt to reason with that person anymore as it is clear that he/she has made up their mind. I too dealt with the troubled logic by them. Like I said, it's people in distant parts of the country like them who get elected and don't deal with the problem properly that has created the problems we are having.
You're probably right. I just don't like being called a radical. They will probably reply to me in the morning, I will let them get the last word in so they feel good about themselves, and I'll ignore them from here on out. No point in trying to debate with people if they aren't even open-minded.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:52 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You're right. I have the "troubled logic" of believing in democracy and rule of law.

I don't believe in local racists/yahoos taking over the border control activities from the people of the U.S.

And pathetic that so-called "secure the borders" nuts have no problem breaking the law themselves. Proves that they don't care about "legal vs. illegal", they just don't like Mexicans.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:01 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
What I am saying is what happens at our Southern border is something I deal with first hand. You don't live in southern California, Texas, New Mexico, or southern Arizona so you don't see things like I do. And if you did you would have brought it up by now.
I have lived in Southern CA, very close to the border. Unlike yourself, I don't believe living near a border gives me the right to ignore federal law.
Quote:
I said all four states along the southern border had a special insight on the border because we deal with it on a first-hand basis.
And this is complete nonsense. The vast majority of U.S. migrants, legal or illegal, come through airports, and there is no local right to border control, anywhere.
Quote:
Can you point out where I said I hated immigrants?
We are talking border control and immigration. If you don't hate immigrants, then why are you trying to prevent them from coming, even to the point where you are willing to break the law yourself to prevent their entry?

The U.S. southern border is already one of the most protected/militarized on earth and you keep claiming you want even MORE crazy controls.
Quote:
Proof of you still trying to justify your opinion is posting here instead of messaging me like I said. Only insecure people feel the need to justify their opinions on the Internet.
Then according to your logic you are the insecure one, as 1. You started the conversation and made the crazy claims and 2. You keep this topic going, no one else.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:34 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
It's all about "states' rights" don't you know.

Now, let's see... where have we heard that one before? Hmmm..

Old 05-24-2016, 09:43 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You're right. I have the "troubled logic" of believing in democracy and rule of law.

I don't believe in local racists/yahoos taking over the border control activities from the people of the U.S.

And pathetic that so-called "secure the borders" nuts have no problem breaking the law themselves. Proves that they don't care about "legal vs. illegal", they just don't like Mexicans.
Who said that we believe in or supported the way they dealt with it? I believe a few pages back I said that I didn't agree with the way they went about it. You did the same thing to "D". You are responding to posts that were never written and that's why your logic is troubled.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,526,999 times
In Brazil, Rio hates São Paulo, São Paulo hates Rio, both hate Brasilia and the rest of the country hate these three cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World