U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:49 AM

15,665 posts, read 18,694,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Is really necessary passport between Americans and Canadians? I think it would be like South America or Europe. For example Brazilians may pass within borders with Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and others only with the national identification card.

Nowadays (since 80’s years) Brazil and Argentina are best friends although big rivalry in sports specially in soccer.
That began somewhere around 2006 under the Bush Administration. Before that, we could travel to Canada and Mexico without a passport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 10:59 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,260,748 times
Quote:
Nowadays (since 80’s years) Brazil and Argentina are best friends although big rivalry in sports specially in soccer.
That's because I said that Argentina is not our friend, but our brother.
Brazil and Argentina have a tradition of bullying each other. But no other country is more partner of Argentina than Brazil and no country is more partner of Brazil than Argentina. The foreign tourists which most visit Brazil are argentinians and the foreign tourists which most visit Argentina are brazilians. At the same time, Argentina and Brazil are the main rivals and the main allies of each other. A war with Brazil and Argentina each one in the opposite side is something that I cannot imagine.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:01 AM

9,886 posts, read 9,479,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm not asking about your countries friends or aquaintances, but if you have a special and sometimes unconditional relation to another country.
USA, Japan, Thailand.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:09 AM

22,779 posts, read 13,337,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
There's none really. Taiwan is an international orphan. It's like the classmate everyone once had who did nothing wrong yet no one would talk to him/her.
I'm sorry for the "one China" policy. But there is not much we can do.

But hey, Helsinki and Taipei are sister... I mean Mutual Cooperation cities. And this doesn't include diplomatic relations or anything of the sort. *shh!* For more info visit Aleksanterinkatu 17 in Helsinki. There's the embas... I mean some obscure office.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:15 AM

1,877 posts, read 719,719 times
For the US I would say Canada as well as the other English speaking nations such as the UK and Australia. And For Russia I would say Serbia.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:22 AM
TKO

1,355 posts, read 2,317,024 times
Quote:
Is really necessary passport between Americans and Canadians? I think it would be like South America or Europe. For example Brazilians may pass within borders with Argentina, Uruguay, Chile and others only with the national identification card.

You can go to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean with a passport card (as opposed to a book), which I suppose would be considered our national id card.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:27 AM

1,487 posts, read 609,770 times
There seems to be a pattern-BFF countries tend to have fairly similar cultures.

Last edited by Tim Randal Walker; 05-23-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 05-23-2016, 12:08 PM

22,779 posts, read 13,337,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
There seems to be a pattern-BFF countries tend to have fairly similar cultures.
Do you find this surprising?

Old 05-23-2016, 12:21 PM

360 posts, read 141,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You can go to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean with a passport card (as opposed to a book), which I suppose would be considered our national id card.
Is that right?
https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...-and-Card.html

No. This is only another kind of passport in my opinion, to smooth the life of people who live close borders and travel a lot within these countries filling their passport book quickly. The National ID card or drive license card we use for enter in neighbor countries is the same that every citizen has since was born for use inside the country for legal identification. May be used in travels by air too.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:26 PM

7,954 posts, read 5,450,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I'm sorry for the "one China" policy. But there is not much we can do.

But hey, Helsinki and Taipei are sister... I mean Mutual Cooperation cities. And this doesn't include diplomatic relations or anything of the sort. *shh!* For more info visit Aleksanterinkatu 17 in Helsinki. There's the embas... I mean some obscure office.
I'm confused. I thought you wanted answers to "I'm not asking about your countries friends or aquaintances, but if you have a special and sometimes unconditional relation to another country"

All the answers don't seem to be personal but political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World