Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 03:00 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,921 times

Advertisements

This is purely my opinion, and I am not sure if this is something anyone would agree with - that, the more extroverted you are, the more likely you are to interact with people face-to-face and not be a part of any of the social media websites like twitter, facebook, snapchat, pinterest, etc. On the other hand, introverts tend to be more "afraid of" socially interacting with people in real life, and therefore, prefer to communicate with them using those social media sites.

I communicate with people the old way - of course I do have a cell/mobile phone, but it's actually not a smartphone. I don't even like texting.

I am also very skeptical of online meetups/dating.

I only use the email for online communication.

My opinion is based on the experiences of myself and friends, colleagues/acquaintances.

What are your thoughts? And what countries would be a good fit for outgoing people like myself, who prefer to actually talk to people face-to-face and NOT use the social media?

Last edited by OZpharmer; 08-09-2016 at 03:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 03:45 AM

53 posts, read 51,542 times
Face to face meeting and Voice chat are faster than messaging. I hate messaging. It is time consuming. People don't reply you instantly.

I also hate it when people message with you to kill time.

Hate people who show off with photos.

I always like going out. When the weather is warm and not raining, I think going out is a must that day.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer
I communicate with people the old way - of course I do have a cell/mobile phone, but it's actually not a smartphone. I don't even like texting.
Yup im the same way as you!!!!

We both must be EXTROverts

Ah man!!

Old 08-09-2016, 06:14 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,741 times
I'm an introvert and prefer face to face to any kind of digital communication.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:02 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,899 times
Extroverts need and thrive in social interaction and online communication provides a chance to interact with far more people for more extended periods of time, because they don't even need to be present to be able to talk, so I think they're actually much more likely to use them.
These platforms also give the possibility to show off, which is a practice an extrovert is much more likelier to indulge in.

Also keep in mind that if you were correct, you wouldn't find 99% of humanity with their eyes glued to their phone.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:29 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I'm an introvert and prefer face to face to any kind of digital communication.
same for me.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:22 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
There are lots of extroverts who are totally obsessed with their phones, and lots of introverts don't even have a phone. They have zero correlation.

Quote:
What are your thoughts? And what countries would be a good fit for outgoing people like myself, who prefer to actually talk to people face-to-face and NOT use the social media?
Well definitely not our countries lol. East Asians are the worst when it comes to smart phone obsession.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:58 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
And what countries would be a good fit for outgoing people like myself, who prefer to actually talk to people face-to-face and NOT use the social media?
So assuming you moved to a country which was a good fit, would you drop your current friends because you could no longer interact face to face, or would you keep in touch via social media?

Old 08-09-2016, 01:17 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times
introvert, don't like any kind of communication...

Old 08-09-2016, 05:38 PM

212 posts, read 195,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaïraJ View Post
introvert, don't like any kind of communication...
I am an introvert and I love meaningful communication. It's the small talk and chit-chat that is grating to me.

In fact, I am often mistaken for an extrovert and described as a sociable, "people" person. To me, quality, not quantity matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World