U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:38 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,397,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
Most North-Italians have dark hair.just because they tend to be lighter than south italians, and slighty lighter than central Italians, doesnt make them any less southern europeans. NOrth italians are still far closer to central Italians or even to southern french than they are to Austrians... let alone germans. I see italians over here in Northern germany from all regions of italy, and they stick like a sore thumb among natives, the same way the spanish and portuguese do.
Yes they're better-looking than Germans and usually darker-eyed, darker-haired, darker or more olive-skinned. About 8% of Italians are blonde, while 30% of your countrymen are.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
White americans for the most part look like Western Whites, not that Different from Australians or Brits, however easily dishtingable from Europeans.
Nope! First watch your spelling. White Americans are not just like Britons/ Australians/ Irish, though they formed the "core" ancestry for White people here! We show a much larger diversity. We have Italian, German, Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch( maternal link in my case) Greek, Russian, Finnish, Slovaks, Serbian, Hungarian, etc..... In fact, at least 50 million of Americans have German ancestry. Many immigrants to the U.S. in the late 1800's and early 1900's anglicized their names to avoid discrimination.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:11 PM

3,090 posts, read 2,363,488 times
I know a lot of Armenians and they all look pretty much alike. In fact, I can identify one on sight. French people are the most variable-appearing in my experience. A mix of Mediterranean, English - Norman, and a smattering of many other ethnics.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:15 PM

3,090 posts, read 2,363,488 times
Quote:
Most North-Italians have dark hair.just because they tend to be lighter than south italians, and slighty lighter than central Italians, doesnt make them any less southern europeans. NOrth italians are still far closer to central Italians or even to southern french than they are to Austrians... let alone germans. I see italians over here in Northern germany from all regions of italy, and they stick like a sore thumb among natives, the same way the spanish and portuguese do.

Many North Italians have light brown hair, fair skin, and hazel green, even blue eyes. They look remarkably like Austrians with which I think they share a lot of ancestry. They look completely different from central and southern Italians, even when brunette.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:32 AM

9,366 posts, read 7,962,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I'll say the Irish. When I was there I barely saw anybody with fair skin and red hair!
But Saxonwold told us that the Irish are all pale and ginger!!!! Oh and ugly too, you are shattering our illusions here! next you will be telling us that the British are a mixed bunch and not all pale skinned, blue eyed Anglo Saxons that Saxonwold insists we are!?

Old 11-22-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
But Saxonwold told us that the Irish are all pale and ginger!!!! Oh and ugly too, you are shattering our illusions here! next you will be telling us that the British are a mixed bunch and not all pale skinned, blue eyed Anglo Saxons that Saxonwold insists we are!?

I never said that all Irish are gingers! So that will make you a pure liar!
All I said that gingers are much more frequent in Ireland and Scotland than elsewhere in the world, and that the majority of Irish and to an extent (White) British are pale and blue or green-eyed, regardless of hair colour. I don't need to insist on it at all! It's backed up by studies(BritainsDna Project for example) and most people that I know who are from the British Isles and in my own family are so. The Anglo-Saxons were not necessarily more blue-eyed than Celts! Ireland and West Scotland has more blue-eyed people than East and South-East England. You could be a descendant of the Anglo-Saxon with your brown hair and brown eyes. I didn't say that Irish and Britons are ugly, rather your friends Don Caballero, Juggernaut, CliffofDover, Traveller86 and so forth. What is hilarious is that you agreed with what they said! Ha!ha!ha!ha!

Old 11-23-2016, 09:48 AM

9,366 posts, read 7,962,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I never said that all Irish are gingers! So that will make you a pure liar!
All I said that gingers are much more frequent in Ireland and Scotland than elsewhere in the world, and that the majority of Irish and to an extent (White) British are pale and blue or green-eyed, regardless of hair colour. I don't need to insist on it at all! It's backed up by studies(BritainsDna Project for example) and most people that I know who are from the British Isles and in my own family are so. The Anglo-Saxons were not necessarily more blue-eyed than Celts! Ireland and West Scotland has more blue-eyed people than East and South-East England. You could be a descendant of the Anglo-Saxon with your brown hair and brown eyes. I didn't say that Irish and Britons are ugly, rather your friends Don Caballero, Juggernaut, CliffofDover, Traveller86 and so forth. What is hilarious is that you agreed with what they said! Ha!ha!ha!ha!
That's just the point though - The MAJORITY, are NOT.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:56 PM

2,602 posts, read 2,551,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
What ethnic groups (not nationalities) have the most diverse looking people, despite being the same ethnicity or made up of one ethnicity?

I'm going to say Armenians and Georgians. Many have a Mediterranean look (dark hair, creamy olive skin), but there are those who look Nordic (light hair, white skin) and others would even have a South Asian appearance. Despite this, they're all ethnically homogeneous and are not even mixed. I was going to say Turks too, but they actually have a bit admixture (southern Europe, Baltic and central Asia). Any others?

Armenians (notice how their look varies between each person): http://www.1tv.am/images/news/1/2689/g1.jpeg

Again, this is not to be confused with diverse nationalities (i.e. Brazil, American, Canadian, etc).
Armenians definitely can look varied, but that pic of Armenia's Eurovision group from 2015 probably isn't the best example. One of the girls is half white Australian and another is half Japanese.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 PM

8,256 posts, read 15,356,643 times
Romanians are very diverse. I know some blonde hairy green eye light skin Romanians. Then some who are tan with dark hair and dark eyes like Southern Europeans. Then the gypsy/Roma population who are very dark.

Are we counting people like Russians? They can be some of the most pale, fair skinned people on earth IMO. But one of my friends' parents are from the area by the Black Sea and people often think she's Arab/something Middle Eastern/often Lebanese. Some people even think she's mixed white and black because she's pretty dark with big naturally curly hair. Then there are the Siberians who look more East Asian than anything else.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Romanians are very diverse. I know some blonde hairy green eye light skin Romanians. Then some who are tan with dark hair and dark eyes like Southern Europeans. Then the gypsy/Roma population who are very dark.

Are we counting people like Russians? They can be some of the most pale, fair skinned people on earth IMO. But one of my friends' parents are from the area by the Black Sea and people often think she's Arab/something Middle Eastern/often Lebanese. Some people even think she's mixed white and black because she's pretty dark with big naturally curly hair. Then there are the Siberians who look more East Asian than anything else.

Yes northern Russians are pretty pale too, however the Irish,(White) British, Scandinavians have a higher frequency of skin phototype I/II than Russians. Nearly 80% of the Irish population are of skin phototype I/II, that's much higher than for Russians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World