U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2016, 03:51 PM
 
4,690 posts, read 10,397,472 times
Reputation: 1060

Advertisements

Spaniards












Some Extramadurans, with beautiful dark hair, dark eyes and a nice complexion.








Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2016, 03:41 AM
 
8,459 posts, read 7,756,467 times
Reputation: 3047
Definitely some ethnic groups in central Asia, such as Uyghur.

Italians etc. all look European no matter they are blond or brunette. Uyghurs can be anywhere from blond Russian looking to Iranian/Pakistani looking to typical Chinese looking. They all speak the Uyghur language.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2016, 01:33 PM
 
90 posts, read 44,143 times
Reputation: 49
kazhaks. from north-european to east asian.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2016, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
11,168 posts, read 9,558,151 times
Reputation: 5868
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Spain is a Mediterranean country by excellence! Why hide the true Mediterraean look not the light-pigmented ones, due to the fact that Spain anyway has one of the lowest frequency for light eyes, light hair in Europe.
To be fair, he didn't "hide" anything. He listed Spanish soccer players. They were all ethnic Spaniards who happened to have a diverse look.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:42 AM
 
4,690 posts, read 10,397,472 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
To be fair, he didn't "hide" anything. He listed Spanish soccer players. They were all ethnic Spaniards who happened to have a diverse look.

Sure he did! He always does hide those whom we may identify as typical for Spain or any other Mediterranean country of Europe. It is a complex of inferiority.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2016, 12:32 PM
 
3,308 posts, read 3,099,509 times
Reputation: 2927
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Sure he did! He always does hide those whom we may identify as typical for Spain or any other Mediterranean country of Europe. It is a complex of inferiority.
You are the one who always cherry picks pictures of only dark Spaniards and refuse to aknowledge the diversity of looks in Spain.

Its really wierd.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2017, 08:46 AM
 
4,690 posts, read 10,397,472 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
You are the one who always cherry picks pictures of only dark Spaniards and refuse to aknowledge the diversity of looks in Spain.

Its really wierd.
No I do not cherry-pick! Rather I look for the majority phenotype which is darker than the average European. This doesn't stop Spaniards from being diverse. It seems many Spaniards have an inferiority complex for being more dark than the average European. There is nothing wrong with that!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 AM
 
4,690 posts, read 10,397,472 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Definitely some ethnic groups in central Asia, such as Uyghur.

Italians etc. all look European no matter they are blond or brunette. Uyghurs can be anywhere from blond Russian looking to Iranian/Pakistani looking to typical Chinese looking. They all speak the Uyghur language.
The truth is that Italians look White irrespective of hair colour. Uyghurs look mixed-racially.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2017, 10:25 AM
 
3,308 posts, read 3,099,509 times
Reputation: 2927
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
No I do not cherry-pick! Rather I look for the majority phenotype which is darker than the average European. This doesn't stop Spaniards from being diverse. It seems many Spaniards have an inferiority complex for being more dark than the average European. There is nothing wrong with that!
I'm not Spanish and I lived in Spain- I don't remember seeing very many dark skinned people. You are cherry picking. Are there dark skinned people in Spain? Yes. Do they represent the stereotypical look? No.

I also have a Spanish cousin-in law and Spanish friends, they look alot like soccer player Gerard Pique:

[url]https://goo.gl/images/XmbdJ0[/url]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2017, 10:36 PM
 
4,690 posts, read 10,397,472 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I'm not Spanish and I lived in Spain- I don't remember seeing very many dark skinned people. You are cherry picking. Are there dark skinned people in Spain? Yes. Do they represent the stereotypical look? No.

I also have a Spanish cousin-in law and Spanish friends, they look alot like soccer player Gerard Pique:

https://goo.gl/images/XmbdJ0

What about Gerard Pique? He looks very Southern European despite the fact that he would be somewhat slightly lighter-pigmented than the typical Spaniard. I am not Spanish either, but I went to Spain several times especially in the city of Valencia (Lovely place at the time). Spanish people I've known for the most part were dark very similar in pigmentation to the Extramadurans I posted, though there were some light ones here and there. They are similar to the Italians or Portuguese who are also usually dark too for the most part with here and there blondes and occasionally ginger-haired. Their women are naturally very beautiful in my opinion with a beautiful skin tone. I think they ought to be proud of themselves being sort of darker in comparison to most other Europeans. I never said that there weren't blondes in their populations, there are some here and there of course.


Proportion of blondes in Southern Europe is still higher than the world's average of 2%-3%.


Vitor Pessanha (Portugal)





1.) Portugal = 11% blond-haired


Greece





2.) Greece = 10.7%


Bulgaria



3.) Bulgaria = 10.5%


Spain





4.) Spain = 9.5% blond-haired


Italy





5.) Italy = 8.2% blond-haired
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top