U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 04:52 PM

9,107 posts, read 6,303,695 times

Advertisements

How most of the world sees Canada. White parts non-existent. Red Ontario, Blue Quebec.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 04:59 PM

10,210 posts, read 10,391,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
How most of the world sees Canada. White parts non-existent. Red Ontario, Blue Quebec.
Should have a Green dot in the Southwestern corner (Vancouver).

Old 10-28-2016, 05:39 PM

9,107 posts, read 6,303,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Should have a Green dot in the Southwestern corner (Vancouver).
You'd be surprised how many don't know of Vancouver. Whenever I travel outside of Canada, most mention Toronto. If I mention Vancouver and explain it's on the Pacific Ocean they seem confused that Canada has a Pacific Coast. Not all of course, but many and it does depend where. The Netherlands isn't too bad in this regard, Italy...forget it. LOL

Old 10-29-2016, 04:11 PM

5,762 posts, read 9,496,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Nice website and concept. But I have to say that filling in those tiny countries on the map is pretty challenging.
Building upon past Global Map posting. Everyone wants to create their own. For any imaginable infinite thoughts, words, or ideas. After Global Technology Scale, Smart IQ High Intelligence To Low End, and Planet Earth Opportunity Index, I think I am switching from very objective to more subjective topics with the next two or three Maps of mine. Yeah, those extra tiny ones are occasionally extremely obscure.

What are some of your favorite unique map displays happening up to right now in this exact topic of CD World Forums?

Old 10-29-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Turkic people come from the Altai Mountains (South Central Siberia, between Kazakhstan and Mongolia), far away from Europe.
There are quite close overlaps between Turkic and Persian people. Identical cultural legacies(Persian Carpets, Golden Silk Route Trading, Ultra Exotic to Foreigners, intricate connections between each major Continent, another version of Muslim not corresponding to negative stereotypes, at least for Northern Turkic, Tons of other examples), and ethnic demographics for Turkic together with Persian in between Europe and Asia. Your Turkic original source map is failing to include much more of Yugoslavia land areas. Especially around Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, and maybe even up to Croatia. For the rest of Southeastern Europe, the Turkic identification is having to incorporate Bulgaria, Albania, and some corners of Wallachia, Dobrogea regions of Romania, southern Moldova, even up to some micro zones of Ukraine. Even Georgia around Adjara near Batumi, and Kvemo Kartli province with near 40% Azeri ethnic groupings right in this country is supposed to be on your map. Also, why not Tajikistan?

Turkic Migration

Persian Source

Entirely astonishing how Southeastern Turkey is purely Persian somehow because of the Kurdish ethnic event, and Northeastern Iran is actually heavily Turkic. Quite ironic the reversing situation of an extra complex whirlpool the other way around from their homelands.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Also, why not Tajikistan?
Tajiks are Persian, not Turkic.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Here's one for Asia.

Sky (Japan) = Neat!
Salmon (Taiwan) = Stuck here
Canary (Korea, Singapore, HK, Macau) = Meh
Mauve (Russia, Israel, Turkey) = Europe
Ruby (everyone else) = Who?

And finally...

Black (China) = Yuck

Quote:
On this map "Future" = within 20 years and "Far Future" = 20+ years
Wow, I can't believe how negative or filled with limitations these mainland Asia to the Middle East zones are on the other maps! Are you ever going to alter your minds on a majority of those vibrant happening areas? For a unique Taiwanese reflection, I completely understand why China is viewed differently in a peaceful sign of resignation lack of forceful intermingling. Japan is not necessarily superior compared to other mainland Asian nations. There are tons of other equal or even more inviting options out there around East to Southeast Asia outside of Japan. For the Dutch poster, why are Azerbaijan, Iran, Lebanon, and especially Indonesia having a view in more higher regard than the red ones of UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan or other coding of Malaysia. Outside of Bali island, Indonesia is close to 90% Islam followers. Is this the first nation you are finally learning relevant to all of those Abundant Group 1 ethical enough Muslim majority countries without any problems and progressive to foreigners. UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, and maybe even Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Kuwait might be your other dream countries according to your individual preference of earlier posts. Russia is another world class sovereign republic you say absolutely confusing xenophobic attacks with. Nevertheless, very note worthy maps of constructive curiosity.

One strange geographic anomaly to observe is why Cyprus not on these maps!? Mainland Europe side of Russia up to Kaliningrad, and Georgia have a visual display, yet not Cyprus near Israel? I nominate Blue to Cyprus. I dream of going to Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus the same summer in the future. Infinitely more bright optimistic map:

Just In Case The Map Key Legend Isn't Massive Enough To Read Easily:

Where I Want To Visit Around East, Southeast, South Asia, Middle East In Between Europe & Asia

Blue: My First Order Of Priority To Visit: Highest Desirability Of Respectful Honor
Lime Green: High Interest To Visit, Sometimes With Equal Amount Of Enthusiasm, Especially After First Classification System
Yellow: Not Sure, Extreme Mixed Opinions, OR Near Equal After The First Or Second
Orange: Simple No, Yet This Might Change In The Near Future
Red: Never Any Realistic Possibility

Old 10-29-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Wow, I can't believe how negative or filled with limitations these mainland Asia to the Middle East zones are on the other maps! Are you ever going to alter your minds on a majority of those vibrant happening areas?

Japan is not necessarily superior compared to other mainland Asian nations. There are tons of other equal or even more inviting options out there around East to Southeast Asia outside of Japan.

For the Dutch poster, why are Azerbaijan, Iran, Lebanon, and especially Indonesia having a view in more higher regard than the red ones of UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan or other coding of Malaysia. Outside of Bali island, Indonesia is close to 90% Islam followers.

UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, and maybe even Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Kuwait might be your other dream countries according to your individual preference of earlier posts.

Russia is another world class sovereign republic you say absolutely confusing xenophobic attacks with. Nevertheless, very note worthy maps of constructive curiosity.

One strange geographic anomaly to observe is why Cyprus not on these maps!? Mainland Europe side of Russia up to Kaliningrad, and Georgia have a visual display, yet not Cyprus near Israel?
I refuse to visit any country with full sharia law, where islam plays an important part in most people daily life and where atheists/non-heterosexuals get thrown in jail or even get killed.
If this changes in the future my opinion on those countries will change too and i might even visit them but i can't see it happening any time soon.
If you really cared about human rights you wouldn't have those Gulf States in Blue on your map.

Japan is easily the most superior (by that i mean most modern and respectful) country in entire Asia.

I'm interested in Indonesia because it was a Dutch colony for more than 300 years.
There are still many places in Indonesia outside Bali with a low muslim % btw, East Nusa Tenggara, Papua and the Southern Moluccas for example.
I just think that the new generations of Lebanon, Azerbaijan and Iran are more progressive and have a larger chance to change the extreme ideology of their countries compared to those in the Arabian peninsula.
Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan just doesn't seem interesting enough for my taste, nothing against them but the world is just too large to see everything. I rather explore countries that i really like instead of visiting 150+ countries for a short period. Traveling in general is not cheap if you want to have fun, I don't know about you but i'm not a multi-millionaire.

Have spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur, not my cup of tea, especially when your used to the nightlife of Bangkok.
Like i said earlier in this post if those Islamic countries drop their "religious laws" i might give it a shot.
You only see the positive in countries but just go to the world cup stadiums in Qatar or the skyscrapers in all those gulf states where people from India/Pakistan/Bangladesh etc. have to give their passports to their bosses so they can't escape, working 16 hours per day, 7 days per week for just a couple $ per hour and then they also have to share a small room with 10 people. That's called modern slavery.

The country of Russia is the biggest threat to the World since the end of WWII, why would i want to go there? Had too many bad experiences all over the world especially in Japan and Thailand with Russians (scamming, vandalizing, fighting, just them being rude and disrespectful to everyone around) that i had enough of them and promised myself to never set one foot in their country.

I agree that Cyprus should be on the Asia map and that Kaliningrad is European and even tho i don't like it but Russia West of the Urals is part of Europe too. Georgia is part of Asia.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:04 PM

5,364 posts, read 2,849,098 times
https://mapchart.net/europe.html

Old 10-30-2016, 04:46 PM

1,846 posts, read 1,046,443 times
Lol at Arietes' maps! I'd say in his case it will be more like:

Scandinavia + Finland = Real Scandinavia;
Everything else in Europe = Not Scandinavia.

Frolov: Russia (Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia), the rest is America.
Davy-40: EU is Western Europe + Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World