U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 04:38 PM

1,366 posts, read 517,240 times

Advertisements

Only a dutchman with the smallest empire of the lot will dream up such nonsense. Napoleon complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 05:55 PM

9,892 posts, read 9,484,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Only a dutchman with the smallest empire of the lot will dream up such nonsense. Napoleon complex.
Can you name me 1 other country the size of the Netherlands or smaller that had a empire larger than us

Old 10-30-2016, 06:20 PM

551 posts, read 405,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Can you name me 1 other country the size of the Netherlands or smaller that had a empire larger than us
Rome was just a city

Old 10-30-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
Rome was just a city
True but we were speaking of the period after the Late Middle-Ages (Age of Discovery).

Old 10-30-2016, 07:12 PM

5,285 posts, read 2,544,021 times
Something must be wrong with my tablet because no matter how much I save or upload or use a photo sharing site, it does not work here. I always upload videos but for some reason this is not working.

Oh well.

Old 10-31-2016, 03:02 PM

7,961 posts, read 5,454,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Something must be wrong with my tablet because no matter how much I save or upload or use a photo sharing site, it does not work here. I always upload videos but for some reason this is not working.

Oh well.
You have to use Google Chrome or Firefox.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:13 PM

5,565 posts, read 8,938,732 times
Quote:
I refuse to visit any country with full sharia law, where islam plays an important part in most people daily life and where atheists/non-heterosexuals get thrown in jail or even get killed.
If this changes in the future my opinion on those countries will change too and i might even visit them but i can't see it happening any time soon.
If you really cared about human rights you wouldn't have those Gulf States in Blue on your map.

Japan is easily the most superior (by that i mean most modern and respectful) country in entire Asia.

I'm interested in Indonesia because it was a Dutch colony for more than 300 years.
There are still many places in Indonesia outside Bali with a low muslim % btw, East Nusa Tenggara, Papua and the Southern Moluccas for example.
I just think that the new generations of Lebanon, Azerbaijan and Iran are more progressive and have a larger chance to change the extreme ideology of their countries compared to those in the Arabian peninsula.
Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan just doesn't seem interesting enough for my taste, nothing against them but the world is just too large to see everything. I rather explore countries that i really like instead of visiting 150+ countries for a short period. Traveling in general is not cheap if you want to have fun, I don't know about you but i'm not a multi-millionaire.

Have spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur, not my cup of tea, especially when your used to the nightlife of Bangkok.
Like i said earlier in this post if those Islamic countries drop their "religious laws" i might give it a shot.
You only see the positive in countries but just go to the world cup stadiums in Qatar or the skyscrapers in all those gulf states where people from India/Pakistan/Bangladesh etc. have to give their passports to their bosses so they can't escape, working 16 hours per day, 7 days per week for just a couple $ per hour and then they also have to share a small room with 10 people. That's called modern slavery.

The country of Russia is the biggest threat to the World since the end of WWII, why would i want to go there? Had too many bad experiences all over the world especially in Japan and Thailand with Russians (scamming, vandalizing, fighting, just them being rude and disrespectful to everyone around) that i had enough of them and promised myself to never set one foot in their country.

I agree that Cyprus should be on the Asia map and that Kaliningrad is European and even tho i don't like it but Russia West of the Urals is part of Europe too. Georgia is part of Asia.

Your reflection of Japan is way too highly subjective with a lack of thoughtful evidence to support those claims. Japan is not authorizing any superiority against other equal mainland Asian nations. There are tons of available options to all of us, and tons of people actually prefer or at least have exactly even alliance to South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong/Macau, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, and some other ones to the far West. Destination zones, Architecture, Variety Of Cities Towns, Nature and or Urban Landscapes, Quality Of Life, Culture, Available Resources, High Reputation, and pretty much any imaginable trait.

Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Albania, Kosovo, Bangladesh, Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Jordan, Morocco all completely go against those negative delusions of the Islamic label. Either Group 1: Very Ethical, No Problems, Progressive Secular Enough, AND OR Worthy Desirable To Foreigners Tourists. At least one, two, or three of these stable variables.

Whenever there are problems with the other Muslim majority countries, it's usually political and not religious or spiritual demographic relevant. WOW, at least 37 verifiable Islamic majority countries on this Planet Earth (22 out of 37 of those are the absolute opposite of your extreme discrimination)!

Old 11-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Your reflection of Japan is way too highly subjective with a lack of thoughtful evidence to support those claims. Japan is not authorizing any superiority against other equal mainland Asian nations.

WOW, at least 37 verifiable Islamic majority countries on this Planet Earth (22 out of 37 of those are the absolute opposite of your extreme discrimination)!
Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world, its probably the most modern country in the world and EASILY the most modern in Asia, producing the best products (especially electonics) on earth from cars (Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc.) to gaming consoles (Sony and Nintendo) to camera's (Canon and Nikon). You name it they make it!

Extreme discrimination is happening in most Islamic countries (especially the Arab ones) to atheists, females, non-heterosexuals and poor Asian guest workers. I'm not gonna be tolerant to the intolerant! But like i said before you only see the positive things like the skyscrapers and flashy cars where i do my research and state facts. That's not discrimination, that's being honest.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:25 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,354,579 times
Quote:
Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world, its probably the most modern country in the world and EASILY the most modern in Asia, producing the best products (especially electonics) on earth from cars (Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc.) to gaming consoles (Sony and Nintendo) to camera's (Canon and Nikon). You name it they make it!
Japan does have plenty of backwards practices though, such as the strict hierarchy and ridiculous sexism. For example it is illegal for women to not take the husband's last name. It was also illegal to remarry within 6 months after divorce for women till very recently, like just a few years ago, and the best they could do was to shorten it from 6 months to 100 days. That's some hardcore sick ****. Japan also has death penalty, which is just flat out embarrassing. In addition, only like 40% of the Japanese population owns a smart phone, even lower than the likes of Russia and Poland.

That said, it's still a really good place.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 PM

5,565 posts, read 8,938,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post

Oh well.
I understand the entire dilemma technical error is significantly dependent on the laptop computer, web browser type, and Wireless Internet network usage. Despite these troubles, here is the beginning to final exact chronological order of steps to successfully have up the entire map theme.

*Visit https://mapchart.net/ and scroll down to "Ready? Select the Map Chart you want to create from below" Select between World: Simple or Detailed, Europe, Asia, or any other ultra specific visual illustration.

I. Choose what colors you want to ultimately highlight on various areas of the Map, and enter a Legend Title.

II. Click Convert To Image

III. Then, a Download Image navigation button appears right above the previous button click. You now have a download image file on your computer. Usually with a .png presentation format happening.

IV. After this, make sure you have a photobucket free website account. Next to your username: Press Upload.

V. Next Major Step: upload from Computer, Choose Photos & Videos, In Downloads File Of Your Computer type into the Database search engine the exact name of the image file you made in mapchart.net! Uploading into Photobucket.

VI. Obtain the share this photo website direct link on the right side of the website link, and instantaneously receiving the right material.

VII. Finally, the Copied Link is then going to get sent to a CD World Forum post. Paste onto the Insert Image area. Post Quick Reply, and the entire Image masterpiece is having a very fun visual display.

Good luck with the entire having up a Global Map main event!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World