Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 09:51 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Uruguay and Argentina. Uruguay is already more similar to Buenos Aires than 90% of Argentina. Hopefully if this happens all the new politicians will be Uruguayan, because Argentina is really ****ing itself over the past century or so
Even though Uruguay and Argentina are similar culturally, I find Uruguayans to be quieter and more reserved than Argentines. I wouldn't like to see that cute little culture that gave us Mario Benedetti and Jose Mujica to be engulfed by monstrous Argentina.

I might be one of those rare people that is more familiar with Uruguay than with Argentina. I've visited Uruguay way more times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
So why would they want to latch on to Puerto Rico?
That was my point, they've already got serious issues to deal with to be importing a failing economy like Puerto Rico.

I really think Puerto Rico needs to become independent, it's the only way it will resolve it's problems.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:01 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Even though Uruguay and Argentina are similar culturally, I find Uruguayans to be quieter and more reserved than Argentines. I wouldn't like to see that cute little culture that gave us Mario Benedetti and Jose Mujica to be engulfed by monstrous Argentina.

I might be one of those rare people that is more familiar with Uruguay than with Argentina. I've visited Uruguay way more times.
Uruguay is definitely much quieter and more introverted than Argentina, you're actually right that this is a big difference. Buenos Aires is one of the loudest and most extroverted places you'll see. But in terms of culture like slang words, immigration, dancing, etc, they have a lot in common. I agree that it's cool to see Uruguay as a separate country. Still it would be nice if Uruguay can lend Argentina some of their politicians Argentina just doesnt do politics well, it needs someone like Pepe Mujica

Old 12-11-2016, 10:33 AM

[quote=DarkLoFan;46471125]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post

I mean that the union some Puerto Rican politicans want with Spain, is to become fully apart of Spain, similar to how Florida is fully apart of the US. I was making an example.
Spain would probably have absolutely no interest in adopting PR.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Ok, if we assume that the Nordic Countries would unite, the core problems would be:

• Republic or Monarchy?
  • If monarchy, what house?
  • NATO or not NATO?
  • EU or not?
  • Euro or krona?
  • Capital?
  • Special treatment to Faroe Islands and Greenland?
  • What is there for Iceland?

These are only very few fundamental issues out of many, and compared to these, Argentina and Uruguay not joining because one is more "introverted" seems absurd and very very small potatoes.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:02 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
That was my point, they've already got serious issues to deal with to be importing a failing economy like Puerto Rico.

I really think Puerto Rico needs to become independent, it's the only way it will resolve it's problems.
Exactly. The people of Puerto Rico are not representative of the United States culturally and perhaps socially.. It would be impossible to integrate their region (as a state) into the US.

Their politicians would most probably be at loggerheads with other representatives in the Senate etc..

Old 12-11-2016, 01:01 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Ok, if we assume that the Nordic Countries would unite, the core problems would be:

• Republic or Monarchy?
  • NATO or not NATO?
  • EU or not?
  • Euro or krona?
  • Capital?
  • Special treatment to Faroe Islands and Greenland?
  • What is there for Iceland?
Republic.
NATO.
Referendum.
Euro.
Stockholm.
Part of the Republic.
Part of the Republic.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:59 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Republic.
NATO.
Referendum.
Euro.
Stockholm.
Part of the Republic.
Part of the Republic.
Referendum and the euro? What about a common language? Icelandic?

Old 12-11-2016, 02:15 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Referendum and the euro? What about a common language? Icelandic?
English.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:25 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,820,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Republic.
NATO.
Referendum.
Euro.
Stockholm.
Part of the Republic.
Part of the Republic.
You have to be in the EU to be part of the Eurozone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World