Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 09:16 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times

Advertisements

Oh Christ, the Middle East is a disaster on that map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 02:56 PM

881 posts, read 921,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Jesus no, these countries are completely different
Completely different in which sense? Maybe if you have an stereotyped idea of both countries...

As I said, I'm highlander Colombian who has been to Northern Peru and I just felt like home there. The landscape/climate is pretty much the same as in my origin region, the overall ambience, even the idiosincrasy of people. A guy from there who visited Bogota and the surrounding areas, had the same point of view.

Two countries that share a 1600 km border, the same language, a common history, a very similar level of income, etc, can't be completely different from each other.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:05 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Oh Christ, the Middle East is a disaster on that map
True, it would be better if Turkmenistan united with Uzbekistan plus Lebanon and Azeraijan staying independent.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:33 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,978,035 times
I can't fathom why foreigners think splitting up the constituent countries of the British Isles into tiny independent states is a feasible idea. Imo, the constituent countries in the British Isles coming together, collectively to form one country are powerful (with massive bargaining power) but as seperate countries they are weak.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:24 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
I can't fathom why foreigners think splitting up the constituent countries of the British Isles into tiny independent states is a feasible idea. Imo, the constituent countries in the British Isles coming together, collectively to form one country are powerful (with massive bargaining power) but as seperate countries they are weak.
I think it's just what seems plausible at the moment. If some more people voted to leave 2 years ago Scotland has already left.

And really, people from smaller countries tend to give zero ****s about being "powerful".

Btw seriously? Taiwan and Japan? I know that there are lots of Japonophiles here but that's like totally crazy. There are too many differences. Japan is like super organised and detailed while Taiwan is like the exact opposite. And while Japanese is a very popular foreign language here, most people don't know it.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:26 PM

37 posts, read 42,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
Completely different in which sense? Maybe if you have an stereotyped idea of both countries...

As I said, I'm highlander Colombian who has been to Northern Peru and I just felt like home there. The landscape/climate is pretty much the same as in my origin region, the overall ambience, even the idiosincrasy of people. A guy from there who visited Bogota and the surrounding areas, had the same point of view.

Two countries that share a 1600 km border, the same language, a common history, a very similar level of income, etc, can't be completely different from each other.
I am Colombian and I dont find Peru is similar to Colombia at all.

your perception doesnt really mean we're the same

peru is similar to Colombia in the sense argentina is similar to Dominican Republic.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:36 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Btw seriously? Taiwan and Japan? I know that there are lots of Japonophiles here but that's like totally crazy. There are too many differences. Japan is like super organised and detailed while Taiwan is like the exact opposite. And while Japanese is a very popular foreign language here, most people don't know it.
The Japanese will clean up Taiwan and teach them to keep it that way.
You don't need to speak the same language to be part of the same country and you can introduce Japanese in schools so the next generations can speak it.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:36 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
The Japanese will clean up Taiwan and teach them to keep it that way.
You don't need to speak the same language to be part of the same country and you can introduce Japanese in schools so the next generations can speak it.
That would probably have worked back in 1945, but not in 2016.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:20 AM

881 posts, read 921,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuck View Post
I am Colombian and I dont find Peru is similar to Colombia at all.

your perception doesnt really mean we're the same

peru is similar to Colombia in the sense argentina is similar to Dominican Republic.
lool

you are definitely not Colombian.

edit: oh, I understand, you are the famous irene. AFAIK, you have lived all of your life in the US, am I correct?

Old 12-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Independent sovereign republics always have the possibility to combine together with the right diplomacy occurrence. I see this happening with Netherlands-Belgium-Luxembourg = Benelux, Sweden-Norway-Denmark= Scandinavian, Mexico-Guatemala-Nicaragua-El Salvador-Panama-Costa Rica-Honduras= Central Americas Federation, Columbia-Venezuela, Peru-Ecuador, Bolivia-Paraguay, Argentina-Uruguay= South Americas Union, Czech Republic-Slovakia-Poland= Western Slavic Outside Of Anything Russian Related, Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan-Kyrgyzstan-Tajikistan-Turkmenistan= Central Asian Persian Carpet, and finally Ukraine-Belarus = Heavily Hardcore Slavic Borderline Not Russian.

Woah, rather than being too breakaway, Yugoslavia ought to come back into a union to exactly resemble the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World