U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2016, 01:25 AM
 
37 posts, read 15,056 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And neither have I said that.

edit: now when looking back, actually I did, I just forgot to complete the sentence.

What I meant was that there are areas who lack even the most basic utilities. It was not my intention to claim that the city doesn't have these at all.

Yeah well whatever, the OP exaggerates, so why should not everyone of us?
it's not an exaggeration

bashing one of the world's most stunning cities (A city you obviously know absolutely nothing of), yet you come from one of the world's most boring countries, with one of the most sterile, plastic, settlement looking capital cities in the world, honestly Helsinki is nothing!

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-21-2016 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2016, 01:28 AM
 
37 posts, read 15,056 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And neither have I said that.

edit: now when looking back, actually I did, I just forgot to complete the sentence.

What I meant was that there are areas who lack even the most basic utilities. It was not my intention to claim that the city doesn't have these at all.
Dude you really know nothing of Mexico City
you're sounding really but really dumb

I imagine if you visited, you'd probably be embarrassed reading your comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Finland
23,062 posts, read 13,621,806 times
Reputation: 10000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuck View Post
you come from one of the world's most boring countries, with one of the most sterile, plastic, settlement looking capital cities in the world, honestly Helsinki is nothing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuck View Post
I imagine if you visited, you'd probably be embarrassed reading your comments
I rest my case.

Actually, I put my yellow guy on a random place on the map of Mexico City. A couple of frames and: https://www.google.com/maps/@19.3313...7i13312!8i6656

Yes, looks lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 08:28 AM
 
37 posts, read 15,056 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I rest my case.

Actually, I put my yellow guy on a random place on the map of Mexico City. A couple of frames and: https://www.google.com/maps/@19.3313...7i13312!8i6656

Yes, looks lovely.
I can also find crappy places in just about any giant city

It's funny how equally judgmental Europeans are.... it's not just white Americans! Europeans share a lot of the stupidity of white America.

Stay in your sterile boring country and dont see the world.... or maybe go somewhere safe like Atlanta Georgia USA (WHERE THERE IS NOTHING TO DO)

and allow for people who do not let America's prejudice and Hollywood brainwashing machine influence us to see the world and experiment it.

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-21-2016 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 08:41 AM
 
749 posts, read 381,614 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuck View Post
I must not be in the same Mexico City.

buildings are stunning!

much better than buildings in Los Angeles, Chicago and many more American cities. WAY BETTER!

tap water? dude this is 2016

OMG this is surrealistic

and yet these people are posting on city data "World" forums!

but all I see it's stupid people completely influenced by the prejudice of America towards Mexico, Hollywood stereotypes.

Honestly, if you have not been here, just shut up and at least allow people to open your mind!
Aesthetically speaking Mexico City is no worse than a great deal of Los Angeles, I agree. They actually share a common denominator. But I can see where this conversation is heading to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:40 AM
 
414 posts, read 233,683 times
Reputation: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuck View Post
I can also find crappy places in just about any giant city

It's funny how equally judgmental Europeans are.... it's not just white Americans! Europeans share a lot of the stupidity of white America.

Stay in your sterile boring country and dont see the world.... or maybe go somewhere safe like Atlanta Georgia USA (WHERE THERE IS NOTHING TO DO)

and allow for people who do not let America's prejudice and Hollywood brainwashing machine influence us to see the world and experiment it.
Ariete often makes ignorant and hostile remarks about nonwhite parts of the world so there's no need to engage him. That said you do however exaggerated a bit about the positive attributes of Mexico City. I will agree that it is an underrated tourist destination with a lot to see and do. However it is not as safe as you make it out to be. It may be ok to wander the street in the area near the Zocalo or other high end areas like the Zona Rosa but the city can be dangerous in terms of crime. Everyone, including the concierge at the hotels where I stayed, warned me not to get into those maroon cabs and to only used cabs that you can call. The tap water is definitely not safe to drink - you can easily check that online.

The best looking skyscrapers in Mexico City are just on par with Chicago or NYC, not much better as you claimed. Some of the individual buildings are spectacular but as a group they lack thematic unity that the older American cities. I have the same opinion of Dubai and Shanghai's skyscrapers.

I would definitely recommend any experienced world traveler to visit Mexico City.

Last edited by Rozenn; 12-21-2016 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: Orphaned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Finland
23,062 posts, read 13,621,806 times
Reputation: 10000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Ariete often makes ignorant and hostile remarks about nonwhite parts of the world so there's no need to engage him.
I make hostile remarks (which the OP obviously doesn't) about white parts too. Skin colour is irrelevant to me. I'm just playing the game she does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Canada
3,028 posts, read 2,864,232 times
Reputation: 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I make hostile remarks (which the OP obviously doesn't) about white parts too. Skin colour is irrelevant to me. I'm just playing the game she does.
She is not Mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Finland
23,062 posts, read 13,621,806 times
Reputation: 10000
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
She is not Mexican.
You don't say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2016, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Canada
3,028 posts, read 2,864,232 times
Reputation: 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You don't say?
Why do you feel the need to throw Mexico under the bus then, If you are playing the same game she does? You are admitting to trolling thats good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top