U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 10:58 AM

3,143 posts, read 3,143,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I rest my case.

Actually, I put my yellow guy on a random place on the map of Mexico City. A couple of frames and: https://www.google.com/maps/@19.3313...7i13312!8i6656

Yes, looks lovely.
Are we supposed to be surprised there are areas like that in Mexico? What exactly is you point? Again I ask you are we supposed to ignore the great things this city has to offer just becuase it is not up you standard of where the entire world should be at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 11:01 AM

23,727 posts, read 15,064,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Why do you feel the need to throw Mexico under the bus then, If you are playing the same game she does? You are admitting to trolling thats good.
Actually, I don't want to throw it under the bus, and would gladly visit if the opportunity arises. But I also know that it has some deprived areas where people cannot relate with the things the OP posts. It's sad but true, and I'm not trolling.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:49 AM

1,234 posts, read 766,186 times
Mexico seems to have not strategic view for its Tourism, except for crowding their beach resorts by usamericans without visa, no matter how humiliated they may be by their neighbors.

Examples: For a few years, Mexico began to demand visa from brazilians, just because the United States requested. It was not even necessary to have a Mexican visa, an American visa was valid! (Can you believe it?!)

Recently the Mexican airline canceled the Rio-Mexico flight, even though the flight was doing good.

Problems of tourists with the police are not uncommon.

Still, Cancun and surrounding areas are popular with Brazilians.

Anyway, I believe that the Mexico is a bit like Brazil. It has great potential, but it still does not exploit its Tourism professionally!

PS: just to be fair, Canada is also accepting american visa too nowadays...

Old 12-17-2016, 10:42 AM

507 posts, read 279,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I am not. The slums of México City are among the largest in the world, and most of these lack all or some of these utilities.
as beasley106 already said, that is far from true.

For one, access to electricity is 99% for all of Mexico (so in the city of Mexico is probably 100%). Most basic public services reach 98-99% of the population.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:48 AM

3,308 posts, read 2,159,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Mexico seems to have not strategic view for its Tourism, except for crowding their beach resorts by usamericans without visa, no matter how humiliated they may be by their neighbors.

Examples: For a few years, Mexico began to demand visa from brazilians, just because the United States requested. It was not even necessary to have a Mexican visa, an American visa was valid! (Can you believe it?!)

Recently the Mexican airline canceled the Rio-Mexico flight, even though the flight was doing good.

Problems of tourists with the police are not uncommon.

Still, Cancun and surrounding areas are popular with Brazilians.

Anyway, I believe that the Mexico is a bit like Brazil. It has great potential, but it still does not exploit its Tourism professionally!

For tourism, I don't think Brazilians are on the radar for Mexico. I believe it's the same vice-versa.

But you are right, they still try to cater to Americans and Canadians. I don't think that will ever change. The proximity and the fact that there are millions of people with money to spend is the magnet.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Brazil is the 5th country that most sends tourists to Mexico.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:54 AM

3,143 posts, read 3,143,724 times
Quote:

Both Americans and Mexicans do not need visa to visit Canada. Canadians also do not need visa to enter the US. It's been like that for a long time now.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Brazil is the 5th country that most sends tourists to Mexico.
Well you work in the tourism industry, don't you? When I have visited Brazil, I haven't heard of much interest in visiting Mexico. but then again, I've been mostly in RGDS, that place doesn't reflect all of Brazil.

I do remember meeting alot of Brazilians in Puerto Escondido, but that's a popular surf spot.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:59 PM

Yes, a lot more brazilians visit Mexico than the opposite. Mexico isn't even in the top 10 countries that send tourists to Brazil.

Most go for the beaches.

But the american/canadian market gives it numbers that Brazil don't get even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Both Americans and Mexicans do not need visa to visit Canada. Canadians also do not need visa to enter the US. It's been like that for a long time now.
Yes, I was referring about brazilians, that now can vist Canada with the american visa.

Brazil isn't even among the Top10 countries that send tourists to Canada (Canadá isn't in the opposite either), while Brazil is also the 5th to USA and USA is the 2nd to Brazil.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, a lot more brazilians visit Mexico than the opposite. Mexico isn't even in the top 10 countries that send tourists to Brazil.

Most go for the beaches.

But the american/canadian market gives it numbers that Brazil don't get even close.

Yes, I was referring about brazilians, that now can vist Canada with the american visa.

Brazil isn't even among the Top10 countries that send tourists to Canada (Canadá isn't in the opposite either), while Brazil is also the 5th to USA and USA is the 2nd to Brazil.
That's because Mexico has huge internal tourism for beaches. They usually travel out for city destinations. Of course Rio is an exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World