U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 04:42 AM

573 posts, read 409,582 times

Advertisements

The first 5 countries World of Tourists receivers(apart China). They are these 4 Western Countries.

But they can arrive in the future next to saturation of Italy ,France and Spain.
Of USA not because its Continental extension .-

For example, Italy is small country.In extension it is has less than half of territory of France and Spain.

Italy has the largest World Heritage of art, according to Unesco.Although it is the 5 in tourism.-
But there is arias that have a saturation extreme .I remember my attempt to see the Florence Cathedral in a agglomeration tremendous that prevented seeing nothing.

France figures as the country number 1 of visitors although many say that tourists who drive to
Italy and Spain in cars are included in the statistics of France .-Its problem it is that tourists are concentrated mainly in Paris and saturate many of its zones-

Spain in the recent statistics of year 2016 and has risen sharply with 75 million of tourists so many think
that it is already number 1.-But is that in this year also arriving for the first time accelerated
masses of chinese tourists and also for the first time are discovering Spain the tourists of USA that until now
are concentrate in London ,Paris and Rome .-

Spain have the lucky that it has more World Heritage cities according to Unesco in the World and can better distribute its tourists and many beaches for tourists of North of europe.
But there have already been protests in some neighborhood of Barcelona by scandals of masses of
tourists and places like the Alhambra have that had to limit the entrance.-

The tourism is excellent for the Economy but has limits.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 05:44 AM

2,567 posts, read 1,339,512 times
What kind of limits are you referring to? If you don't like crowds, take your your trips during the slow months.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:25 AM

Return 2F,-
The limits are easy to explain.- If millions of people they want to enter in a Cathedral is easy that they destroy this monument or of not being able to see nothing.-

I visted the Alhambra many years ago. it is a wonderful Place full of its fountains ,its flowers with an exciting smell,observing incredible art wonderful.

The last time I returned there was and thousands of tourists prevented me from listening to he fountains ,smel their flowers and almost seeing their art.-

A solution that suggests you, I think that would not be very valid for this monument, it is go in winter(low season)because there are many less tourists but it is not full of sensations happy as in Spring or Summer .

In the Alhambra there is only one personal solution that we know only some that is go on the
first shift in the morning in that the tourists not yet are accumulated.- .-

I would like me see other opinions .-

Old 01-17-2017, 11:55 AM

2,567 posts, read 1,339,512 times
When I was a child, they allowed us to climb Chichen Itza in Mexico, but that is no more. Same thing with Stonehenge. If structures are in danger of being ruined than access needs to be limited until repairs are made or indefinitely. There's nothing that you can do about crowds at popular tourist destinations if you opt to visit them in season.

An option might be to visit places that are not overrun with tourists. There's many beautiful places to visit than don't require waiting in lines to see them.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 PM

Return 2fl.-
I very much agree with you.-

For example the masses of tourists that go to Granada many times only know the Alhambra.-
There are so many tourists that there are even night tours of Alhambra that are also interesting although
are things different .-

But the Great majority do not know that the Catholic Kings and Emperor Charles V thought that they could not accept that the arab culture of that Century was superior to the Christian one and ordered to all the Religious Orders, that will contract the best artists and architects of Spain, for that they constructed wonderful Churches and Convents in Granada .-

That is why today there in Granada dozens of these wonderful Baroques Churches incomparable that many foreign tourists march without know or to see.-

Many even they do not see of the Palace Charles V that is one of the most beautiful buildings of European of the Renassaince style art.

Or the Cartuja of Granada which that it is incredible (only one detail its doors are cahoba ivory
and glass of venice and each one is the work of a Carthusian 45 years of his life).-

Another wonder it is of Basilica of Saint Juan, of GOD.-This Great Church that is so their coated walls its art of gold breads -

I have not seen in my life something looks with similar brightness that you overwhelm to el enter there,etc etc etc

And still there are the magnificent Cathedral also the Great Chapel where the Catholic Monarchs are buried the marvelous Carmenes of the Arab nobles(as the Generalife, the Carmen of the muslim King) where today to live the heirs of the Greats of Spain who arrived there with the Catholic Kings and all this most of the tourists they not see nothing,they only see the Alhambra.-

If knew these wonders, they would share their time in these things and would not saturate the Alhambra.-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or