Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:48 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,524,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
No the climate varies.
Average temperature in SP is about 22°C. In the summer it reaches easily 30°C (though above 35°C is rare) and in winter it seldom falls under 10°C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 11:50 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,788,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I doubt a Mexican can assess what is Russia and what is not.
Oh the irony....He isn't Mexican.

Anyways....Russians have a long history in Latin America, Trotsky lived in Mexico. We aren't THAT ignorant about Russia or that region.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:52 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,788,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Doesn't Brazil get over 35C like, all the time?
No. In southern Brazil it is freezing cold during the winter. I was there last year and freezed my butt off.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:18 PM

525 posts, read 453,494 times
Greece; I've been there once and got uneasy, unsafe vibes, even though I was never alone.

Also, any war-torn area.

As for North Korea, I am oddly curious about that country. I'd like to see if it's really as bad as it seems and what the people are like, but I know that if I visit, I'll only be allowed to see the "nice" parts of the country.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:23 PM

525 posts, read 453,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
All Countries with at least 50% muslims except for Indonesia and Malaysia.
Sorry you feel that way. Turkey was lovely when I visited a couple years ago, and everyone was really nice. I'm not sure how it is now after the coup though.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:21 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,774,216 times
Any place currently at war.

Any place where women don't have rights.

Any place where they still cane, whip, or otherwise beat people as legal punishment.

Great Britain.

Most of Europe. Except Italy and Greece. I'd like to see those places, but probably never will due to the expense if nothing else.

Anyplace anywhere near Putin.

N. Korea
N. Sentinel Island

India. Although I have visited there in the past, in the current situation (lack of safety for women in public), I wouldn't want to go.

Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan
Venezuela
Egypt
Tibet
Western Sahara
Belarus
Chad
China
Laos
Libya
South Ossetia
Myanmar
Zimbabwe
Mauritania
Mexico
Nigeria
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Pakistan
Central African Republic
Yemen
Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran
Israel/Palestine
Burundi
Mali
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Kenya
Cameroon
Rwanda
Kyrgyz Republic
Tajikistan
Djibouti
Cote d' Ivoire
Guatamala
Guinea-Bissau
Honduras
El Salvador

Frankly I'm tired of typing.

Doubtless there is some overlap of the specific countries listed with some of the general categories. Fortunately there isn't really anything in most of those places I'd care to see.

I keep hoping India will get a handle on its current state of raging misogyny because there are actually quite a few places I'd like to see there before I die. I haven't got that much time left, guys! Get a hold of yourselves!

Old 01-17-2017, 05:00 PM

869 posts, read 1,123,706 times
The Politics & OC subforum

Old 01-17-2017, 05:42 PM

881 posts, read 920,401 times
so much prejudice . so many beautiful, diverse countries that people don't want to visit because of misconceptions about what "poverty" really means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I doubt a Mexican can assess what is Russia and what is not.
anyone knows half of Eesti population is Russian, you probably have many Russian tv shows, etc.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:45 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,013,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
anyone knows half of Eesti population is Russian, you probably have many Russian tv shows, etc.
Wouldn't call 25% "half".

Old 01-17-2017, 05:55 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,923,539 times
I think I am the quintessential Ugly American. Most of what I know about the world I have learned by watching The Amazing Race. I have no interest in ever visiting the continent of Africa, India, the Middle East, the Orient or South America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World