U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 05:06 PM

573 posts, read 288,148 times
Iaskwhy.-

Excuse me ,I thought you lived in Cannes..

If it is true, you are right UNESCO he has been wrong many times also in my opinion.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 05:18 PM

1,753 posts, read 933,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Iaskwhy.-

Excuse me ,I thought you lived in Cannes..

If it is true, you are right UNESCO he has been wrong many times also in my opinion.-
I live in California. I'd probably agree that Italy has the most beautiful cities in the world, but not because of UNESCO sites.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:15 AM

1,407 posts, read 1,413,041 times
Quote:
Italy and Spain are the only 2 countries with more cities that are historical Heritage of humanity according to UNESCO.-
There are countries that concentrate almost all their wonders as France in Paris and some few cities more.
France has a lot of wonderful cities, not only Paris.
What about Strasbourg, Chamonix, Nice, Amboise, Grenoble, Aix-en-Provence, Annecy...?

Old 01-30-2017, 08:28 AM

23,727 posts, read 15,064,663 times
Quote:
But even in that Great Country with 80 million inhabitans against 47 million of inhabitans that has Spain o 65 Italy. neither remotely has as many magnificent cities or are comparatively as wonderful as the cities italians and Spanish,-

Berlin in compared to Rome ,Madrid ,Barcelona,perhaps are more equivalent in beauty , .you can say which city you like more.-
That is not a surprise, as 90% of German cities were bombed to ashes during WWII.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:33 PM

573 posts, read 288,148 times
Fabio

Of course all European countries have beautiful cities, for this reason is that i would add you to France other cities that I love also like Lyon ,Bordeaux ,Biarritz,Carcassonne,etc etc.But this is not disputed with France .But if the number and quality of the cities compared to other countries that all have beautiful cities .-

For example Niza it is a wonderful city.but Spain and Italy can present Mallorca ,Ibiza,
Cadiz Malaga ,Marbella, etc and Genova ,Naples ,Capri ,palermo ,Taormina etc.-

Biarritz it is a city wonderful typical of the( Belle Epoque french) capital of summer of Napoleon III and his wife a Spanish Eugenia of Montijo that made an imposing Palace that it is today one of the most luxurious hotels in Europe.

On the Spanish border next to Biarritz there are 2 beautiful spanish cities,Santander y San Sebastian
summer capital of the Kings of Spain with 2 magnificent Royal Palaces and many beautiful Palaces of the nobility of the S.XIx and XX in Spain

-And in Italy also there is 2cities with an extraordinary Royal hearth in Trieste summer place of the Francisco Jose Emperor filled with Palaces and buildings of the Imperial Time and Turin .

Strasbourg is a large city full of buildings of German and French origin but do no have comparison with Barcelona or Valencia.-

Grenoble ancient and little city in the Mountains with a beautiful old charme .-and Carcassonne
with its great walls are wonderful but the medieval cities of Spain and Italy are much more important
compared . For example Toledo,Segovia,Avila,Salamanca ,Santiago of Compostela and in Italy Spoleto,Perugia Lucca,Pisa or Siena.-

Lyon Capital of the french cuisine competes with ,San sebastian city that has more Michelin stars than Paris and that also it is a beutiful city and in Italy there is Bologna Asis.- etc etc etc etc

And as you will see I do not put the cities that are ,the heavyweights of Spain and Italy because they are incomparable
with the French Granada Seville ,Venice ,Florence and a multitude of beautiful other cities such as Verona,Vicenzo, Padua,Brescencia,Arezo,Leon ,Oviedo,Lugo,Zamora,Burgos Vitoria
Cordoba,Pamplona etc etc etc.-

Old 02-01-2017, 12:36 PM

6,144 posts, read 3,874,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAUDER View Post
What kind of country do you mean?
Taiwan.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:34 AM

3,620 posts, read 997,340 times
Architecture is one thing and Europe maybe dominates with all the stone and older architecture but I love Asian cities with order , low crime rates , amazing mass transit and culture. I dont think architecture is the only determining force in what makes a country beautiful. A place like Japan is crowded but also has little to no crime, amazing mass transit, very orderly and amazing culture. Singapore, Hong Kong, etc as well.

As beautiful as Spain and Italy are, its hard to find a city as exciting and vibrant as Tokyo or Osaka where you can leave a sushi bar/hostess club/ etc at 2 am and not worry about crime. Asia is much more fun than Europe.

As a single male I dont think they are even comparable, I love Asian cities

Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 AM

58 posts, read 23,330 times
Italy and Spain are overrated in my opinion, France is also quite overrated. Actually most of Western Europe is really overrated.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:00 PM

3,308 posts, read 2,159,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Architecture is one thing and Europe maybe dominates with all the stone and older architecture but I love Asian cities with order , low crime rates , amazing mass transit and culture. I dont think architecture is the only determining force in what makes a country beautiful. A place like Japan is crowded but also has little to no crime, amazing mass transit, very orderly and amazing culture. Singapore, Hong Kong, etc as well.

As beautiful as Spain and Italy are, its hard to find a city as exciting and vibrant as Tokyo or Osaka where you can leave a sushi bar/hostess club/ etc at 2 am and not worry about crime. Asia is much more fun than Europe.

As a single male I dont think they are even comparable, I love Asian cities
Spain is a pretty safe country and there, you don't leave bars or clubs until 7 or 8 am. Spain has an AMAZING culture and nightlife, one of the funnest countries I have been to. I didn't spend too much time in Italy so I can't comment about that country.

I would like to visit Tokyo and Hong Kong...Some day.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:04 PM

367 posts, read 216,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
France has a lot of wonderful cities, not only Paris.
What about Strasbourg, Chamonix, Nice, Amboise, Grenoble, Aix-en-Provence, Annecy...?
That's what I was going to write.

Not to mention Toulouse and Bordeaux and Lyon, beautiful cities all. Not sure why France gets so overlooked on this site ??

While many countries have rather nice city centres, very few have managed to surround them with attractive suburbs or residential districts where most denizens are actually housed. I can't think of one city whose burbs haven't let me down. Not one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World