U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:27 PM

573 posts, read 247,199 times

Advertisements

Easthome

I admire equally Italy Spain and France I see them, as a European mediterranean unit .I just enjoy in their wonderful differences and similarities as is the case with millions of their
compatriots british , that every year they visit these 3 countries.

And please, do not be you jealous .
I am very anglophile .And of England I like extraordinarily, every thing, except its gastronomy and its climate-Some day I will tell you about my admiration for english literature in the Forum.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 04:35 PM

956 posts, read 628,097 times
To be honest, I think Urdiales is just passionate and I don't really see the Brit-bashing we get from Amaro or Karstic.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:30 PM

58 posts, read 19,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Easthome

I admire equally Italy Spain and France I see them, as a European mediterranean unit .I just enjoy in their wonderful differences and similarities as is the case with millions of their
compatriots british , that every year they visit these 3 countries.

And please, do not be you jealous .
I am very anglophile .And of England I like extraordinarily, every thing, except its gastronomy and its climate-Some day I will tell you about my admiration for english literature in the Forum.-
cant stand england's spineless obsession with pleasing the US, but i do LOVE their music, literature and its architecture!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:33 PM

58 posts, read 19,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Italy as a whole is wonderful, taking account natural scenaries is one of the most beautiful countries of the world. But talking about cities nothing compares to Spain.

The country is replete of towns that are true jewels that we had never heard about before.
Lots of countries have many beautiful cities, including Brazil. But Spain in urbanization is out of this world.
TH\hs I agree . Spain has better cities than italy.

compare the order and modernity of Madrid with the chaos of rome

the color, art of barcelona versus the blandness of milan

the modern but well preserved seville with the disaster that is naples

ithink spain is more modern than italy

Old 02-07-2017, 01:36 AM

5,598 posts, read 4,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
To be honest, I think Urdiales is just passionate and I don't really see the Brit-bashing we get from Amaro or Karstic.
That's true enough, its a bit gut wrenching though, he really does believe that Spain and Spanish people are somehow 'superior' to other Europeans though - his 'jealous' comment says it all really. The British go to Spain for two reasons 1. Its guaranteed sunshine in the summer months and 2. Its cheap!

Old 02-07-2017, 05:52 AM

easthome

You are unfair with my opinions .I do not have, the slightest opinion of superiority of Spain or of the spaniards.
Nevertheless in the UK still has this opinion of superiority in many britons, remember you the Brexit.-

The Spaniards believed we were us superior in the Centuries of our Empire .

After of so much defeats then it was just the opposite we fall in the discouragement and the complex of inferiority.

It always happens like this at the end of each Empire.and because after in even Spain had also a Century without a day without war which led to the greatest poverty.And today only we have pride for our art and culture for to show of and that Spain would have regained without help your economic a situation acceptable in Europe-.

The british who have recently lost their Empire already have the 2 classes of these sensations some superiority and others complex of failed.

A forista says that I am a passionate and is true but with positive affection always.

The british masses is true your opinion, seek only the sun and the beach in Spain but fortunately for UK there are some Great British minorities in which I hope that you are, be esathome ,that enjoy the art and the spanish cousine and that I stumble across cathedrals and museums and I always admire how they know where to find the best,etc

Finally I will tell you that I speak with the same enthusiasm that I like to communicate to my friends my admiration by Oxford, as of Salamanca although I must try,more effort of Salamanca because in these Forums of english speech is much less known Salamanca.-

Old 02-07-2017, 05:56 AM

1,690 posts, read 1,967,477 times
Superior? A contry with an economy on its knees and a youth unemployment of 25% is by no way superior to any other lol.

I do think there are several countries in the world with very nice cities, they are just sometimes very different. While Spain and Italy have some very nice architecture, they often have problems with cleaniness and the overall conditions and maintenance of the old structures. A city that is less overwhelming but also less crowded, dirty and in better shape can be also nice.

Additionally to Spain, Italy and France I also liked cities in Croatia and Portugal.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Douglas Dakota

Nobody talks about of superiority.-. Here we only talk about trips to beautiful places full of art without Crime with good temperature and good gastronomy.-

Spain suffered a Crisis very serious today very improved but a much lower Crisis that the Crisis of USA in year 1929
because now in Europe has the welfare State that ensures gratuity to all, of the education ,health(very good in Spain )Spain it is with Japan the country with most life expectancy average in the World ( 82 years) and a minimun of unemployment benefit to all people in need.(Surely you did not Know, this things)

I recomment to you a trip to Spain (this year 2016 it is a record of visit Spain 75,6 millions of tourists that surely will cheer you up and to rejoice even for not be so aggressive with me and surely change their opinion of many things as its always happens with the face to face of knowledge -.

And do not forget that in this statistics that comment you are incomplete for example the people that works in black
and above all several millions of foreigners legal and illegal who have come in masse to live in Spain
and they not want to march of this country despite being the ones that are mainly are unemployed.-

Other theme that if you visit Spain he has to astonish you is this .

You says that Spain is dirty (I do not know why)and is one of the countries most cleanest in the world-.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:37 AM

Douglas in Spain I recomment you visit for example the north of Spain away from the masses of Mediterranean tourism,and you will see dozens of cities with a extraordinary cleanliness and very rich ,San sebastian,bilbao,vitoria,santander Oviedo etc etc etc

Old 02-07-2017, 08:49 AM

5,598 posts, read 4,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
easthome

You are unfair with my opinions .I do not have, the slightest opinion of superiority of Spain or of the spaniards.
Nevertheless in the UK still has this opinion of superiority in many britons, remember you the Brexit.-

The Spaniards believed we were us superior in the Centuries of our Empire .

After of so much defeats then it was just the opposite we fall in the discouragement and the complex of inferiority.

It always happens like this at the end of each Empire.and because after in even Spain had also a Century without a day without war which led to the greatest poverty.And today only we have pride for our art and culture for to show of and that Spain would have regained without help your economic a situation acceptable in Europe-.

The british who have recently lost their Empire already have the 2 classes of these sensations some superiority and others complex of failed.

A forista says that I am a passionate and is true but with positive affection always.

The british masses is true your opinion, seek only the sun and the beach in Spain but fortunately for UK there are some Great British minorities in which I hope that you are, be esathome ,that enjoy the art and the spanish cousine and that I stumble across cathedrals and museums and I always admire how they know where to find the best,etc

Finally I will tell you that I speak with the same enthusiasm that I like to communicate to my friends my admiration by Oxford, as of Salamanca although I must try,more effort of Salamanca because in these Forums of english speech is much less known Salamanca.-

Brexit has nothing to do with a feeling of 'superiority'? It is simply a political decision and has no bearing on how the British people 'feel' with regards to our European neighbours, I am not sure why you think otherwise? Personally I love to travel to Spain (I have some Spanish members of my family), I don't think that Spain or Italy are somehow 'culturally' superior to anywhere else in Europe though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World