U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:18 AM

1,970 posts, read 552,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Another stereotyping thread, great. I'll give it a few days before this is inevitably shut down due to casual racism.
Why is discussing cultural traits casually racist? Is it now taboo to note that different peoples have different traits? If so, the train has derailed and gone way off the tracks. One of the joys of traveling is to interact with people who have different norms, different tendencies and quite simply different ways of doing things. It would pretty much suck if we couldn't discuss our observations with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 07:37 AM

2,002 posts, read 341,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Why is discussing cultural traits casually racist? Is it now taboo to note that different peoples have different traits? If so, the train has derailed and gone way off the tracks. One of the joys of traveling is to interact with people who have different norms, different tendencies and quite simply different ways of doing things. It would pretty much suck if we couldn't discuss our observations with others.
Stick around, you'll soon see what I'm getting at. It happens to every single thread of this nature.

As a side note, thanks to the person who gave me Rep just so they could tell me I'm annoying. Those rep points were greatly appreciated

Old 03-11-2017, 06:19 PM

5,555 posts, read 8,879,790 times
Quote:
Another stereotyping thread, great. I'll give it a few days before this is inevitably shut down due to casual racism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Outside of stereotyping, and into specific Identification systems to separate the people of each nation variable. Describe the citizens with a fair amount of idiosyncratic characteristic traits. Life is not about race, and people are widely encompassing all types of daily expression. Nationalities, and Ethnic Demographics first.

Cultural Anthropology is rarely verging out into race. Usually more between regions of any country. Not even a Continental generalization.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Agreed.
Mostly agreed but i'm not a fan of overweight females and many of the females are becoming more feminist/manly as well so you can have them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post

I find Dutch people very fit in general. Both male and female.
What is being “fit” even signifying? Overly skinny people have very severe anemia, and their pain affects them every second. Requiring more calories, nutrients, and energy. Planet Earth of too much skinny people around is such a fatal disaster. All of those restaurants, and supermarkets closing down with a lack of supportive customers with devastating bankruptcies. The real fit is being just slightly to even moderately overweight. We have all of our cooked vitamins, and minerals. Not too fat or obese, yet enough weight around. Otherwise, nobody is ever really going to enjoy eating. Or at least not for plentiful occasions.

Bizarre you are into that obnoxiously overly skinny hateable look. How could anyone love their own lives that way? Remember, the overweight girls or ladies always have a much more beautiful Voluptuous figure, and bigger boobs, and behind. Anyone is able to have much more fun with them. A vast majority of my 6 girlfriends 30 hot ladies are quite on the above average weight realm, and they are all happy.

I believe these are the top 15 Fattest Nations Out There Of Recent Times: Life Is More Easy For Them, And Very Calmly Satisfying. All Very Loveable People(For The Ladies) Or Very Amazing: Philippines, Mexico, Qatar, UAE, Australia, Turkey, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy, USA, Canada, India, Malaysia, Germany

Top 15 Overly Skinny Countries Having To Fix This Overly Negative Problem: These People Are Vulnerable To Lots Of Issues: Thailand, Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Portugal, Estonia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Myanmar

Old 03-11-2017, 07:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 9,362,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
What is being “fit” even signifying? Overly skinny people have very severe anemia, and their pain affects them every second. Requiring more calories, nutrients, and energy. Planet Earth of too much skinny people around is such a fatal disaster. All of those restaurants, and supermarkets closing down with a lack of supportive customers with devastating bankruptcies. The real fit is being just slightly to even moderately overweight. We have all of our cooked vitamins, and minerals. Not too fat or obese, yet enough weight around. Otherwise, nobody is ever really going to enjoy eating. Or at least not for plentiful occasions.

Bizarre you are into that obnoxiously overly skinny hateable look. How could anyone love their own lives that way? Remember, the overweight girls or ladies always have a much more beautiful Voluptuous figure, and bigger boobs, and behind. Anyone is able to have much more fun with them. A vast majority of my 6 girlfriends 30 hot ladies are quite on the above average weight realm, and they are all happy.

I believe these are the top 15 Fattest Nations Out There Of Recent Times: Life Is More Easy For Them, And Very Calmly Satisfying. All Very Loveable People(For The Ladies) Or Very Amazing: Philippines, Mexico, Qatar, UAE, Australia, Turkey, Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy, USA, Canada, India, Malaysia, Germany

Top 15 Overly Skinny Countries Having To Fix This Overly Negative Problem: These People Are Vulnerable To Lots Of Issues: Thailand, Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Portugal, Estonia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Myanmar
I find it very disrespectful that you think skinny is a bizarre, obnoxiously, hateable look. Live and Let Live!

You do realize skinny people live longer than fat people?
Ever seen a fat person older than 95? Japan has the most people on planet earth older than 100 years, they are among the skinniest people in the world.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:48 PM

3,347 posts, read 1,954,197 times
Quote:
What is your observation of the Netherlands and its people?
I met a couple of Dutch students during university. They were tall, handsome, charming, and very intelligent. I try not to generalize about nationalities though. We're really describing foreigners in their own home countries though, and that might be quite different from immigrant communities in our own countries, in certain ways. Otherwise, I could discuss recent immigrants that I've met from a few places. Quite a few Chinese- or Lebanese-Canadians that I've met over the years, for example.

I haven't really travelled much... Americans, it's very, very tough to generalize, due to all the regional differences, but I can say that in contrast to Canadians, they do tend to be far less reserved, a lot more blunt, and oddly, they seem to me to be more physically comfortable in their surroundings...relaxed, and they tend to be more physically "open"...just an observation.

Japanese (restricted to Tokyo), people generally seemed to me very polite yet warm, but also very socially oriented, despite a surface reserve. Very focused on getting along with their peers. Harmony seems very important as a cultural value. People spend much more time out and about than at home.

In France (my experience restricted to Paris) people seem aloof, until you speak to them, then they get casual right away, or so it seems to me. Then again, they likely find my mangled French an amusing ice breaker. Anyway, they seem like a lot of very solitary souls, each in their own world... approachable enough, though.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:50 PM

3,347 posts, read 1,954,197 times
Quote:
Stick around, you'll soon see what I'm getting at. It happens to every single thread of this nature.
Possibly... which is unfortunate, because we could just as easily be discussing cultural differences between major cities, which wouldn't dwell on "race" or ethnicity quite as much... although I guess some people could try to twist it into that. I can't generalize about France based on Paris, or Japan based on Tokyo, etc.... but where are tourists most likely to experience a foreign country? Probably in the largest city...

Old 03-11-2017, 07:54 PM

5,711 posts, read 3,291,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post

That's so silly. What makes you think that fit = skinny? Besides being fat is way worse than being thin, there are way more obesity related diseases than thinness related ones.

All these female bodyshaming and trash talk are uncalled for, please stop.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:14 PM

216 posts, read 266,603 times
I'm reluctant to make any generalisation about a country and its people.

But in Australia, there is a high value placed on mateship. If you are my comrade or my friend, I will go above and beyond to help you. It may seem that no Australian takes him or herself, or anything for that matter, too seriously i.e. "larrikinism". But I think this could perhaps be a stereotype.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I find it very disrespectful that you think skinny is a bizarre, obnoxiously, hateable look. Live and Let Live!

You do realize skinny people live longer than fat people?
Ever seen a fat person older than 95? Japan has the most people on planet earth older than 100 years, they are among the skinniest people in the world.
Way too overly sensitive. Being skinny is just for fools. And to magnify darkness, and misery. All of that food not eaten, and going to waste. The suicide rate is much more higher and earlier for those overly skinny people, and they have more health problems because they aren’t able to get enough nutrients to entirely alleviate their own daily lifestyle issues. Overweight people always seem much more calm, and happy to me. Always avoid anemia! And Japan has tons of people offing themselves because they aren’t allowing themselves such a full simple freedom. Anyways, pick and choose your own lifestyle choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
That's so silly. What makes you think that fit = skinny? Besides being fat is way worse than being thin, there are way more obesity related diseases than thinness related ones.

All these female bodyshaming and trash talk are uncalled for, please stop.
Fit= Slightly Fat To Even Very Fat equation formula. Anemia, Nutrient Deficiencies, and lack of Iron or another one of those Vitamins are way worse issues to cause misery for all of the overly skinny people.

I think you are falsely interpreting my own post. I am not praising those extreme obesity cases. Just a middle ground best compromise on the moderate overweight end that is not exhibiting those obesity excessive levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World