U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:05 AM

5,593 posts, read 9,011,399 times

Advertisements

Lifestyle, Communication, Spiritual Or Materialistic, Deep Or Superficial, Entire Miscellaneous Variety

Describe a specific feature people usually aren’t knowing for any country’s full citizens spectrum. Complex to basic understanding of a sovereignty’s population. From my own vantage point, the Filipinos are more overweight than what people believe. Spiritually uplifting good news there are mainland Asian nations around where varying people aren’t too skinny. Austrians are having more acts or expression of extroversion than what some people thought of at first. Not quite that overly introverted after all. Ethnic Georgians are rather deep spiritual or mystical exotic compared to a relatively severe lack of economic wealth. Despite all of the poverty over there! Posters let us find out these other national surprises usually unknown to everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 12:57 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,281,320 times
Nationalities with persons which I know to some extension for stating what is my impression about them:

Argentinians: polite, elegant, but a bit haughty. In general they are friendly and respectful, but many of them (not all of them, though) look down to other Latinos. Interesting is the fact that they dress better than Europeans in general.

Colombians: they are just like Brazilians. Unlike Argentina, which has a rivalry with Brazil, Colombians and Brazilians generally admire each other and, apart of the language, there is really little difference between both cultures. I had many Colombian mates in the workplace and they integrate so easily to the team to the point that it's even difficult to look them as foreigners.

Italians: depends on the region. It's interesting to notice how seriously they take the bloodline. My mother's family itself is from Italy, and I do speak some basic Italian, although never studied it seriously. When I had the possibility to talk with an Italian in places such as Florence or Rome, they replied me: "so you are also one of us"... and began ever to chat with me about local affairs. They really made me feel at home. But in places like Milan or Venice, my experiences are not so good and I had to deal even with very rude people.

Austrians: just speak some German, don't be from Middle East, tell them that you love classical music and that Mozart is your favourite composer. You will know the warmest people of the Earth.

Americans: like Italians, it's hard (and even harder) to have a general idea about them. Particularly I think that each state has a distinct and very own culture. I work in a company from USA, all the times I talked with them were at professional level.

Japanese: smart, intelligent, modern... and shy. That's all.

Chinese: intelligent, cult and sometimes fascinated with the western culture; all the times I met someone from China (at least those speaking English), I took more than one hour talking with them. I do appreciate them a lot.

Portuguese: probably the most surprising of this list. Very industrious and hard working, but hard to smile. Believe or not, many of the stereotypes generally given to Germans in Europe apply very accurately to most of Portuguese which I know. They are nothing like Brazilians and nothing like Spaniards.

Frenchmen: I have a special sentiment towards France and Frenchmen in general, and maybe the nationality other than Brazilians which I most know. Unlike Brazilians, which are friends of everyone but mostly superficially, Frenchmen take very seriously the friendship, and once we conquest their trust, they will be our friends forever. France definitively conquered my heart.

There are other nationalities which I met, but I prefer not to talk about.

Last edited by Fabio SBA; 02-03-2017 at 01:30 PM..

Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM

Romania: Trying To Appear More Mystical, Spiritual, Exotic Than They Really Are, Arbitrary Angry Temper Happening At The Wrong Intervals, Not Too Materialistic, Around People Too Often(They All Need A Break Occasionally), Amiable Warm Hearted(Especially When There Are Family Connections), Generous For Food Giving(Even When Too Much People Are Skinny), Secretive, Entrepreneurial Minded For Various Business Circles, Trendy Yet Too Often Chronic Peasant Tendencies, Strictly Following Logical Fallacies

Czech Republic: Smart, Sensible, Seems Rather Quiet At First Yet Talking Enough, Wanting To Be More Introverted Yet Experiencing Too Much Extroversion, Trying To Be Classy Yet More Modest Humble Peasantry Moments Than Original Expectation

Slovakia: Lower IQ Intelligent Quotient compared to their past neighbor union, Less Calm, Less Used To Foreigners, More Ultra Eastern European Yet Czech People Have That Covered, More Insular Compared To The More Global Czech Republic citizens

Austria: Much More Extroversion Than Originally Thought Of (Not Quite Extreme Introvert), Falsely Sane Or Rational, Mild Tempered Yet Grumpy, High Sophistication Yet They Are Easygoing, More Spiritual Than People Believe, Vastly Less Materialistic Than What People Thought, Surprisingly Extremely Cosmopolitan Worldly International Friendly, Travel Often As Foreigners

Qatar: Not Nearly As Religious Compared To The Image, Rather Glamorous Lives Unless You’re a Guest Worker, Unknown To Foreigners Usually, Ultra Exotic Aliens(Although every nationality is accommodating to these standards), Pragmatic, Very Functional Yet Very Occupational Depending On The Matter, They Enjoy Nightlife More Than The Stereotype Even When Usually Exclusive To Only Hookah Nargile Type Of Venue, More Open To Strangers Than The Reputation, Quite Optimistic Feeling, More Calm Than The Ignorant, Offering Tons Of Quick Resources Even With The Fast Language Translation

Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 PM

10,023 posts, read 9,620,360 times
What is your observation of the Netherlands and its people?

Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,281,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Although I visited Netherlands once in 2015, I never talked with a Dutchman. I hear a lot of things about them... that they are nowadays less tolerant about drugs and prostitution than in the past,that they are not very religious, and so on... but the only thing that I can state about the people of Amsterdam from my observation (don't know if it happens in other cities) is that the drivers don't respect much the pedestrian crossing.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Rather obscure to figure out. Not acknowledging enough information. At minimal description:

Much more well travelled than a vast majority of nationalities out there, Trilingual- Quadrilingual 3 to 4 Languages, Very Detached At First Rather Shy Than Ending Up Talking A Lot Opening Up, Too Overly Social, Spiritual & Materialistic Simultaneously, A Little Bit More Traditional Conservative Than What People Believe, Much More Asian Friendly Than A Lot Of Europe, Technological Savvy, Dutch Ladies Are Nice And Overweight Enough(Especially compared to the usual Mainland Asian girls).

What is everyone’s thoughts on the people of Denmark, UAE, Malaysia, Azerbaijan, Poland, South Korea, Georgia, Vietnam, Thailand

Old 03-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
What is everyone’s thoughts on the people of Denmark, UAE, Malaysia, Azerbaijan, Poland, South Korea, Georgia, Vietnam, Thailand
Danish:
Similar to the Dutch, enjoy their freedom and bicycles, too many muslim huggers and climate stressers.

Emirati's:
Hypocritical muslims, more millions $ than IQ points, overly materialistic, arrogant, selfish.

Polish:
Builders, dangerous truck drivers, kinda look mean/tough on the outside like many Slavs, traditional christians/agnostics in denial, mostly right-wing.

South Koreans:
Similar to Japanese but more outgoing/agressive, care more about their job/study than their private life, big thinkers and fast learners, materialistic coming from insecurity, love fashion and plastic surgery.

Vietnamese:
Mysterious, have much potential but country is keeping them small - Don't have enough experiences yet with them.

Thais:
Hypocritical buddhists, kinda materialistic, don't realize the power behind saving money, mostly very friendly but never raise your voice or start a fight with a Thai because there are always a bunch of random Thai guys nearby that will kick you in the hospital even when they don't know what the fight is about (it seems many Thai guys are jealous of White guys).
Many scammers around especially in the tourist area's, Thai people love food despite this most of them are not really fat.

I have no experience with Georgians and Azerbaijani's.
Its actually not that easy too describe an entire population since i believe almost every person is different from each other.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Much more well travelled than a vast majority of nationalities out there,

Trilingual- Quadrilingual 3 to 4 Languages,

Very Detached At First Rather Shy Than Ending Up Talking A Lot Opening Up, Too Overly Social, Spiritual & Materialistic Simultaneously,

A Little Bit More Traditional Conservative Than What People Believe,

Much More Asian Friendly Than A Lot Of Europe,

Technological Savvy,

Dutch Ladies Are Nice And Overweight Enough(Especially compared to the usual Mainland Asian girls).
Agreed.

It used to be like that but in the last 20 years you see a lot less of this since most people concentrate on English only as they believe its the most important language in the world.

Agree on almost everything except the shy and spiritual part.
They are not shy, they are observing you if you're worth their time.
Spirituality is a lot more common in older generations and non-native Dutch people.
I think the Netherlands is kinda materialistic but not overly, i say its 60/40 with the anti-materialistic people being the majority, well many of them are materialistic too but they just don't like to show it off.

Partly agreed.

Partly agreed.

Agreed.

Mostly agreed but i'm not a fan of overweight females and many of the females are becoming more feminist/manly as well so you can have them all.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:54 AM

5,857 posts, read 3,424,591 times
Quote:
Mostly agreed but i'm not a fan of overweight females and many of the females are becoming more feminist/manly as well so you can have them all.

I find Dutch people very fit in general. Both male and female.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:45 AM

4,017 posts, read 907,219 times
Another stereotyping thread, great. I'll give it a few days before this is inevitably shut down due to casual racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World