U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 03:18 PM
F18

409 posts, read 200,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Are Blacks, or other minorities in Portugal doing well economically?
Short answer, not really. Again there are no reliable statistics as in Portugal as well as in most European countries so all we can go are immigrants and several associations relating to ethnic minorities. They are worst off than the Portuguese or those of Portuguese ancestry and continue to be underrepresented in all sectors of Portuguese society, especially the Roma minority. That being said, there has been an increase in representation and awareness of minorities and more persons from a foreign background are rising economically. In addition, there isn't to seem to be the problems that other European nations or the United States have. Probably its due to the low proportion and being present in only a few areas of the country.

Sorry for the off topic just answering the post from GoodHombre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 03:27 PM
F18

409 posts, read 200,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I don't live in Portugal and don't have any statistics but my impression is that it really varies based on their social class. Those that are educated and from former Portuguese colonies fit in better. It seems to me that certain groups are doing better than others such as Goans and Cape Verdeans. The Roma on the other hand and aren't doing well.
True, however their number is very small as most of them are uneducated but the numbers are rising as rich Angolans, Brazilians and Chinese are coming to Portugal to live, invest in property, businesses etc. The Roma as you correctly state are not doing well at all but there have been major improvements in their integration.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 PM

544 posts, read 388,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
where are you from?
Songrat is Irene.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 PM

544 posts, read 388,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
European, without a doubt.
The Europeanness or Hispanicity of Spain is a debate that exists in Spain. I would not respond with that roundness when even the Spanish themselves have doubts.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 AM

1,135 posts, read 271,434 times
Are British British?
Are French Gallic?

Debate, ERC and Puigdemont.....? Please.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:40 PM

1,067 posts, read 590,222 times
Culturally, is England more european or anglophone?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:12 AM

Location: Living in Spain (Altea, Costa Blanca) originary from NL (Rotterdam).
1,261 posts, read 235,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
The Europeanness or Hispanicity of Spain is a debate that exists in Spain. I would not respond with that roundness when even the Spanish themselves have doubts.
Is a debate which exists in your head maybe because I never heard anything of that in Spain.

Is funny how americans, italians, swedes, finnish, french, british, dutch, australians etc tell that Spain is purely European (because is what it is) and you deny it lmao

Is like saying that Netherlands is more Caribbean than European because of Aruba or Curaçao lol.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:52 PM

19 posts, read 875 times
European.... Spain feels far more european than the Uk from what I perceived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World