U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM

3,394 posts, read 3,666,063 times

Advertisements

I hate both individual males who take roids and countries where this is common. IMO taking them for athletic enhancement is cheating but less offensive than a man who takes them to help him in the mating/sexual market. Any country where a man has to or feels he has to get all roided up to attract women is absolutely rotten to the core. Not only do I cheer that steroid using men get steroid related side effects and medical issues, I cheer the downfall of any society where steroid use is mainstream. Sadly, I would guess the U.S has one of the highest steroid prevalences in the world. From what I have read steroids have become widespread in the UK in recent years. What a shame, a once great country has lost every shred of decency and goodness. My guess is all the English language countries lead the world in steroid use. Australia has to be up there.

What countries is steroid use rare,especially for anything other than professional athletics? A few years ago I saw pictures of younger Russian men and none were roided up. I then read that is considered in bad taste for Russian men to have an excessively muscular body. The Russian men looked like nice boys next door compared to young American men who look like roided up monsters in comparison. This was a few years ago. My impression is bad things spread. So it wouldn't shock me if Russian men take steroids now as well (I realize they have a long history of taking them for sports, once again I am speaking of taking them for sexual marketplace purposes). If few Russian men take steroids today I believe they have the superior culture compared to the U.S.

Poor countries have low steroid use. When I see pictures of young African men I am in awe of how nice they look and that they are allowed to be skinny. Such innocense compared to corrupt, rotten U.S values. Same thing with some poor latin countries. I realize this is more economic than anything. They can't afford steroids even if they wanted them.

I would guess most of the response will attack me for being so anti-steroid but I would appreciate it if anyone has knowledge of this subject and could name the countries on the high and low end of steroid use.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 12:22 PM

14,928 posts, read 30,950,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I hate both individual males who take roids and countries where this is common. IMO taking them for athletic enhancement is cheating but less offensive than a man who takes them to help him in the mating/sexual market. Any country where a man has to or feels he has to get all roided up to attract women is absolutely rotten to the core. Not only do I cheer that steroid using men get steroid related side effects and medical issues, I cheer the downfall of any society where steroid use is mainstream. Sadly, I would guess the U.S has one of the highest steroid prevalences in the world. From what I have read steroids have become widespread in the UK in recent years. What a shame, a once great country has lost every shred of decency and goodness. My guess is all the English language countries lead the world in steroid use. Australia has to be up there.

What countries is steroid use rare,especially for anything other than professional athletics? A few years ago I saw pictures of younger Russian men and none were roided up. I then read that is considered in bad taste for Russian men to have an excessively muscular body. The Russian men looked like nice boys next door compared to young American men who look like roided up monsters in comparison. This was a few years ago. My impression is bad things spread. So it wouldn't shock me if Russian men take steroids now as well (I realize they have a long history of taking them for sports, once again I am speaking of taking them for sexual marketplace purposes). If few Russian men take steroids today I believe they have the superior culture compared to the U.S.

Poor countries have low steroid use. When I see pictures of young African men I am in awe of how nice they look and that they are allowed to be skinny. Such innocense compared to corrupt, rotten U.S values. Same thing with some poor latin countries. I realize this is more economic than anything. They can't afford steroids even if they wanted them.

I would guess most of the response will attack me for being so anti-steroid but I would appreciate it if anyone has knowledge of this subject and could name the countries on the high and low end of steroid use.
As an American person who has lived in US, Europe, South America and Asia, I can't think of anywhere that this is appealing. I realize that American women like that, but outside of the U.S., it isn't really that prevalent. Mostly because American is a 'specialized' country where people get into things to severe lengths - i.e. you'll have a culture for everything. Secondly, because the obesity levels are so incredibly high, that weight-lifters counter that, and are an alternative to obesity. The non-obese in the U.S. would be teased as rails or sticks....they are so uncommonly seen. So therefore Americans get into this dichotomy of being either in the obese/fat/out-of-shape category or the 'in shape' categories.

This is significantly different than most of the rest of the world where obesity isn't the norm. (That being said, it is increasing in many places).

If I were to think of a place, maybe Austria, and only because of Schwarzenegger...but even he hightailed it to California well-knowing that was the place for a guy like him.

I have a feeling that maybe parts of Europe..maybe Germany or the UK, perhaps? Maybe parts of Eastern Europe? Maybe? But not so sure.

But, most of the rest of world, particularly Asia (where it is a major detractor and turn-off), its not that common.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:54 PM

9,952 posts, read 9,598,791 times
Slavic Europe and Australia.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:59 PM

1,208 posts, read 496,730 times
Brazil is huge on steroids

Old 03-11-2017, 02:00 PM

23,062 posts, read 13,621,806 times
Norway.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:26 PM

2,162 posts, read 624,011 times
Man or woman?

Old 03-11-2017, 02:56 PM

4,390 posts, read 4,528,789 times
US, Russia, Finland, Mexico.

Old 03-11-2017, 05:12 PM

1,707 posts, read 949,598 times
Norway, the whole of their skiers are doped and on steroids.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:48 PM

914 posts, read 286,959 times
Russia

Old 03-12-2017, 01:08 AM

3,394 posts, read 3,666,063 times
A lot of you are saying Russia. I am sure that's true for sports but I'm not so sure about the general population. I saw pictures of Russian nightclubs and it struck me how non-muscular the guys are compared to American men (especially in a similar nightclub setting). It was obvious these young Russian men were not steroid users.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World