U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:48 PM

57,334 posts, read 46,802,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
That's what I said. They seem to have their ***** together up there.
Very few refugee immigrants to get hysterical about, too.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:26 PM

7,953 posts, read 8,465,289 times
Per capita, they have taken a lot of refugees actually. 119,289 in Reykjavik and they have 100+. So that would be like London taking in 10,000+. But don't let the truth get in the way of a Trump-ish rant!

Last edited by paull805; 03-16-2017 at 10:37 PM..

Old 03-17-2017, 08:14 PM

2,444 posts, read 4,391,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaboy92 View Post
Based on your experiences, where do you personally believe are the most enlightened cities in North America
and the rest of the world?

By "enlightened", I am referring to intelligent/aware, possibly creative, open-minded and just an overall sense of rational, independent thinking that doesn't follow the herd mentality.

Curious to see some input. Thanks!
most places in Idaho

Old 03-18-2017, 12:08 PM

7,638 posts, read 5,237,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If there are any in N America, they're in Canada. The US has entered the Dark Ages.
Thanks, but to be fair to my learned liberal American friends, it's not ALL bad. I mean the current federal government is, but not all Americans are just sitting there and taking it.

I know that during what I consider Canada's dark period, of Harperism, I didn't like it when the world and the world press painted Canada with one brush, just because of our PM.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:26 PM

1,105 posts, read 327,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaboy92 View Post

By "enlightened", I am referring to intelligent/aware, possibly creative, open-minded and just an overall sense of rational, independent thinking that doesn't follow the herd mentality.
Well since many people would define that differently in people this entire question falls apart.....

Old 03-19-2017, 01:03 PM

351 posts, read 242,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Well since many people would define that differently in people this entire question falls apart.....
Both Liberals (strictly speaking "leftists") and Conservatives consider their world view "enlightened", and their counterparts to be a regression toward a moral "dark ages". So who is correct?

I am meta-political here, but as far as I can see, only one side is showing obviously and outrageously bizarre behavioural devices, such as the safe space phenomenon. Or showing wholesale adherence to obvious social engineering ploys such as the "Russian hacking" and "fake news" narratives.

For what it's worth, I also find conservatives more gracious and more pleasant to be around than their counterparts.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:57 PM

497 posts, read 257,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post
Both Liberals (strictly speaking "leftists") and Conservatives consider their world view "enlightened", and their counterparts to be a regression toward a moral "dark ages". So who is correct?

I am meta-political here, but as far as I can see, only one side is showing obviously and outrageously bizarre behavioural devices, such as the safe space phenomenon. Or showing wholesale adherence to obvious social engineering ploys such as the "Russian hacking" and "fake news" narratives.

For what it's worth, I also find conservatives more gracious and more pleasant to be around than their counterparts.
I still consider myself to be relatively moderate politically but the left isn't doing themselves any favors when they create "safe spaces" or throw out claims of racism or sexism every time someone with a different opinion speaks out. Not to mention the protests in cities like Portland or San Diego where people block freeways/streets where they inconvenience others who need to go to work or pick up their children, etc. If people on the left are content on continuing to do these acts, rest assured they won't win the support of the majority of people (if anything it will just convince others that they are stupid idiots).

Old 03-19-2017, 08:50 PM

4,046 posts, read 4,821,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post

Never mind. Who cares

Last edited by Dport7674; 03-19-2017 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Politics are lame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World