U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:43 AM

1,234 posts, read 724,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Thanks but no. I'm not gay.
With this nick...
(In fact I never imagined that you were a man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
There's probably enough guns in the favelas to arm 10 million soldiers
For sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Are we actually debating who is a bigger military power Brazil or Australia? Brazil isn't even in top 20. They can't even keep peace in the streets never mind another country.
But we have the gratest homicide numbers of the world. Grater than numbers of wars.
In Syria, in 4 years, 256 thousand people died. In Brazil, almost 279 thousand, by violence.

PS: The numbers previously informed are just the official ones. Militias not included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 01:51 PM

7,972 posts, read 8,870,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
But we have the gratest homicide numbers of the world. Grater than numbers of wars.
In Syria, in 4 years, 256 thousand people died. In Brazil, almost 279 thousand, by violence.
You have just proven my point. You can't even keep law and order in your own streets yet think your military is superior to Australias?

Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,012,639 times
Quote:
You have just proven my point. You can't even keep law and order in your own streets yet think your military is superior to Australias?
I don't think the military is responsible for that but the police.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:31 PM

7,972 posts, read 8,870,438 times
Well your military won't be any good if your civil forces are not.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:18 PM

6,117 posts, read 6,444,043 times
Quote:
Australia is a bigger power than Brazil. Until most of your population is out of poverty they figures mean little.
australias economy is tied to that of china for the most part , its been in a historic boom for more than twenty years but politically is still far from a power of any kind bar a regional one in the pacific

Old 03-19-2017, 04:48 PM

1,234 posts, read 724,200 times
Not only in military, but in all indicators.
Funny is to see all the same people ignore all data just to raise their favorite country.

I do love Australia, but any kid knows that it's a very small country in population. Brazil is a lot more rich an diversified, no comparisson. For the working class it's obviously less advantageous to work in Brazil than in a high income country, but with you talk about the contry it's ridiculous to compare Australia to Brazil.

Only in Greater São Paulo we have an whole Australia.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:12 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,355,953 times
Quote:
Australia is a bigger power than Brazil. Until most of your population is out of poverty they figures mean little.
Level of income is not the same of power.
Per capita income is much higher in Slovenia than in Russia. Which of them is more powerful?

Old 03-19-2017, 09:14 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,355,953 times
Quote:
Again, not the same.
I could write an entire book for listing all the causes of violence in Brazil, but lack of military power it is not. For now, what I can state is that the brazilian law favours the crime.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:00 AM

596 posts, read 327,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
australias economy is tied to that of china for the most part , its been in a historic boom for more than twenty years but politically is still far from a power of any kind bar a regional one in the pacific
There are only two countries that can claim to be global powers; all others are regional players, or at best globally relevant in maybe one or two industries.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 AM

2,037 posts, read 810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakery Hill View Post
There are only two countries that can claim to be global powers; all others are regional players, or at best globally relevant in maybe one or two industries.
Indonesia is capable of overtaking Australia and Brazil!

Top 5 countries in the Southern Hemisphere by each measure:
Area : Brazil > Australia > Argentina > The D.R. of the Congo > Indonesia
Population : Indonesia > Brazil > The D.R. of the Congo > South Africa > Tanzania
GDP (nominal) : Brazil > Australia > Indonesia > Argentina > South Africa
GDP (PPP) : Indonesia > Brazil > Australia > Argentina > South Africa
National wealth : Australia > Brazil > Indonesia > New Zealand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World