Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 04:08 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,041,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Let's try to look a bit deeper: US is the only country besides Syria and Nicargua to leave the deal.
If it was just US then sure you may say "it's because we're the greatest", but you're grouped with a country experiencing massive war + failed mafia state. China, Russia, Germany, Australia - everyone decided to risk their fading businesses like gas and oil in exchange for better futue of humanity + solar power/green business.
I don't care who we're grouped with, it's a bad deal for the developed world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 07:35 AM

11,556 posts, read 9,297,415 times
Montevideo was less developed and dirtier than I imagined. Uruguay is arguably the richest country per capita in South America, so I imagined it would be like an even more developed version of Buenos Aires, but nope! While it has many beautiful parts, Montevideo seemed much grittier and dirtier than Buenos Aires, and the ride from the airport went through parts of the city that looked like rural Mississippi. Overall Buenos Aires was much cleaner and more developed and felt much more first world than Montevideo, it was a huge surprise for me

Old 06-06-2017, 07:37 AM

11,556 posts, read 9,297,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I thought Los Angeles was a city, but in reality it's just a giant suburb.
That is my reaction to quite a few "cities" in the US. Atlanta is like a bunch of suburbs tied together with a string

Old 06-06-2017, 11:57 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,589,685 times
I pictured El Paso being a sleepy lil cow poke town with tumbleweeds and what not.

After I got there it felt like I was in a Phoenix sized city.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:31 PM

27,435 posts, read 28,512,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
That is my reaction to quite a few "cities" in the US. Atlanta is like a bunch of suburbs tied together with a string
The compact, walkable, large cities in America are New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington DC and Boston.

Outside of those, you're mainly going to get small to mid-sized cities or cities that are less walkable and more suburban.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:31 PM

2,838 posts, read 2,140,510 times
I expected Londoners to be cold and aloof and was pleasantly surprised to find otherwise.

Parisians and Italians in general on the other hand aren't as friendly as expected, as least to strangers.

Dublin was a little more run down than expected. With all of the corporations relocating there I thought it would be newer and shinier. This is not a bad thing in my book.
The Irish people are even friendlier than the guidebooks say.

It is a lot easier to find vegetarian food in Andean Peru which is not true for most of South America.

Jamaica does not have as much biodiversity as expected. That's probably true for all islands.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:07 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,892,991 times
Qatar continuing on stable relations with UAE, Bahrain is a situation I got completely wrong for my own psychic abilities. Just can’t believe they are not allowing citizens to enter the lands of each territory, including vice versa. Apparently, they aren’t identical after all. For international occurrence I got right, Indonesia forever ending up calm without any issues from one decade ago relatively. Feeling safe to a solid moderate.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:17 AM

7,868 posts, read 10,263,010 times
granted i havent been there since 1998 but new zealand struck me as less wealthy than i thought it would be though i headed south from auckland airport and i believe south auckland is about the most disadvantaged place in the entire country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World