Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 01:41 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,053,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Americans usually leave to see major cities such as London, Paris, Rome etc as well as history.

Indeed most Europeans head for NYC, although Florida and other resors are popular with Britons and Europeans from colder climates.

Actually Americans who travel abroad are usually far from any national sterotype and usually very interested in histry and events.
We're a bunch of fat loudmouth hicks wearing baseball caps and flip-flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 08:36 PM

57 posts, read 43,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
A large percentage of that number are fueled by things that are met by domestic US destinations. Scandinavians, Germans, Brits and French, many just want to go to the costas to get some sun. In the US Florida, California and the nearby Caribbean fulfil this remit.
Spain has much more things to see than beaches and sun. I prefer the historical and cultural part of Spain rather than anything else

Old 06-04-2017, 02:43 PM

27,219 posts, read 13,508,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
We're a bunch of fat loudmouth hicks wearing baseball caps and flip-flops.
Well we do get some sterotype Americans but mostly they are okay.

Americans actually love history, they love to trace where their families came from, love to visit castles or historic streets or buildings and are usually very friendly and enthusiastic.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:28 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,734,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanajuato View Post
Spain has much more things to see than beaches and sun. I prefer the historical and cultural part of Spain rather than anything else
I don't mean to be rude but who cares what you go to Spain for. I was answering a specific question.

Mexico also has great historical/cultural places but a large bulk, nearly 7 million, just go to Cancun. Your personal tastes are irrelevant when it comes to figures.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:39 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,930,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybay91 View Post
I agree with you.
In general If I was American I would never leave the country.
There is everything in the USA :
Beaches/Sun - California,Texas,Florida.
Deserts - Arizona,Nevada.
Mountains/Ski - Colorado,Wyoming,Montana.
US has pretty much everything except for those who are really interested in history.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:17 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,363,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
A large percentage of that number are fueled by things that are met by domestic US destinations. Scandinavians, Germans, Brits and French, many just want to go to the costas to get some sun. In the US Florida, California and the nearby Caribbean fulfil this remit.
Vegas baby!

Old 06-04-2017, 04:24 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,363,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
US has pretty much everything except for those who are really interested in history.
Excuse me - plenty of history in most parts of the US. For Europeans it only goes back 500 years (or 1,000 counting the Vikings - but they were a closed mouth bunch) for obvious reasons. For the Native Americans, try 12,000 years plus.

Our local history may not be as extensive as Europe's or Asia's, but we've done almost as good a job of killing each other off in our comparatively brief existence.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:54 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,930,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Excuse me - plenty of history in most parts of the US. For Europeans it only goes back 500 years (or 1,000 counting the Vikings - but they were a closed mouth bunch) for obvious reasons. For the Native Americans, try 12,000 years plus.

Our local history may not be as extensive as Europe's or Asia's, but we've done almost as good a job of killing each other off in our comparatively brief existence.
I'm not saying it doesn't have an interesting history, but for real history buffs, other places blow it out of the water.

History is technically what's been recorded, unfortunately the Native Americans didn't record much since they lacked writing systems. In comparison, the people of Europe, Asia, and North Africa have been recording their history for thousands of years.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:01 PM

984 posts, read 1,316,561 times
Spain is a great nation and very enticing but I think one of the reasons it is above France and the UK is something that is harder to quantify..........it doesn't get the terrorist attacks of France and the UK. Every 2 weeks either country seems to be under siege from yet another attack.

Spain is viewed not only as a very cultured, beautiful, sunny, and welcoming country but also as an oasis in a very turbulent rest of Europe.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:40 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,478,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanajuato View Post
Absolutely! When you combine all the history and culture of Spain with its beautiful beaches, sun, any of its varied landscape, it is paradise. I prefer those aspects also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World