Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:14 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
I believe the countries with highest homicide rates are in the Americas; Honduras, Colombia, Jamaica, Trinidad&Tobago, Belize etc

According to this article: Study: 43 of the Most Dangerous Cities in the World Are in Latin America - Breitbart the Cities below are the top ten most dangerous cities in the world.

Mapped: Which countries have the highest murder rates? - Telegraph

Europe is the safest continent while the Americas is the most unsafe.
Here is the updated version 50 most violent cities in the world revealed | Metro News almost the same but with a few changes, like some Colombian cities falling off in favor of more Venezuelan and Northern Mexican cities. Also keep in mind that only one African country really has accurate reporting of their stats, I bet if more African countries tracked statistics all of those Latin American cities would get buried on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
Palmira is part of the metro area of Cali tho', pretty much the same city.
This too. Latin America has different definitions of cities and metro areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Agree that Europe is the safest continent, however, the figures you published are of 2014 and Cali and Palmira are in what could be considered a metro area (it's like London & Crawley or Slough). Both cities are also now out of the top 20 and top 30 respectively and nationally Colombia now registers less homicides than Brazil or Dominican Republic and much less than Venezuela so you're not correct with your country list.

Also there are many cities in Africa that don't have reputable statistics. Kinshasa for example is a city thought to have over 110 homicides per 100,000 but doesn't make the list because statistics aren't properly published or massaged in some African countries.
Colombia has made great strides this century and is now at its safest point since before the drug wars started, all the way back in the mid-70s. I also agree, Latin America is pretty much "middle class" by world standards when it comes to development and wealth, so they can keep statistics the way many African countries can't. I always read stories about some African cities where you cannot leave your house without having an entourage of guards around you, in Latin America this would be very rare. Sounds like that something that would only happen in Northern Mexico or Central America. South Africa is the most developed sub-Saharan country and its cities do not do really well on the whole crime scale, I can only imagine what some of the less developed countries in Africa are like

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
According to Trump Mexico is the second most dangerous country in the world.
Trump is not exactly what you would call an educated person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 09:44 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,933,405 times
East St. Louis is the world's most dangerous place.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:05 AM

70 posts, read 70,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Sweden, according to alt-rights.
According to Swedes online, Malmo is basically Syria/Afghanistan-tier nowadays

Old 06-29-2017, 07:30 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Central American countries and South Africa.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:01 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
According to some Dems, 93,000,000 Americans die every day from gun violence.

Just sayin'.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dem+93+mil...b=v51-1&ia=web
Some Dems, all one of them LOL

Old 07-03-2017, 01:51 PM

45 posts, read 38,981 times
Africa has the most dangerous countries and cities on earth.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:36 PM

984 posts, read 1,315,210 times
I believe it's Honduras, El Salvador, and Venezuela with Guatemala and South Africa getting "honourable" mention.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:57 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooguy View Post
I believe it's Honduras, El Salvador, and Venezuela with Guatemala and South Africa getting "honourable" mention.
Probably correct. Durban and Johannesburg are bad, I can't even imagine Central and South America.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:37 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,727,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Probably correct. Durban and Johannesburg are bad, I can't even imagine Central and South America.
Well apparently Cape Town is worse than almost all of them, in South America only Northern Brazil and Venezuela is worse.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 AM

448 posts, read 592,530 times
What is the cause for all the murders in African countries? I always thought they were just peaceful countries with people trying to get by with little crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World