U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 01:04 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,922,760 times

Advertisements

Tokyo

Cape Town

Sydney

Istanbul

St. Petersburg (Russia)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 04:46 PM

2,831 posts, read 1,761,372 times
As of right now:

1. Tokyo, Japan
2. Beijing, China
3. Jerusalem, Israel
4. Derinkuyu, Turkey
5. Cusco, Peru

In the Americas (that I haven't visited, not counting Cusco)
1. Mexico City/Guanajuato (tie/both)
2. Sao Paulo (South America's most major city, though Iguazu Falls would be a bigger part of this visit TBH)
3. Bogota (Knocking this trinity off the list means I've been to all the "Alphas in the W.H. Also, Cano Cristales.
4. Saint John's, NL (Canada)
5. Havana
---
Duluth is one of the few cities in America I don't think I've been to of a significant size. I want to get there and combine with a trip to the North Shore.

One that I've "been to" and seen some stuff in, but want to get more acclimated with and know kinda well would be New York City. I don't feel like I've ever truly "been there", if that makes sense.

I like a thread like this because I love seeing everyone's different picks. Especially Bradford ; ). All kidding aside, while there are some Lavar Ball-esque statements about Bradford in this thread, he's just a guy who loves his city, there are worse things. And it probably would make a decent day trip from London.

Last edited by cavsfan137; 08-07-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 11:47 PM

86 posts, read 65,082 times
Tokyo
London
Paris
Athens
Rome

Old 08-13-2017, 05:36 AM

6,083 posts, read 6,403,367 times
london
berlin
madrid
paris
new york

no way am i travelling further than that anymore

Old 08-16-2017, 05:53 PM

50 posts, read 74,620 times
Hmmm great question! I want to see so many cities across the world.

I'm gonna say:
Kyoto, Japan: Have always wanted to visit Japan, and it looks like an incredibly beautiful place to start. Was hard to pick between Kyoto & Tokyo for this list, and I greatly want to visit Tokyo as well. Kyoto just seemed a little more my style.
Athens, Greece: Have always been so enthralled with Ancient Greece & Greek Mythology.
Istanbul, Turkey: Where East meets West, incredibly unique and striking city.
Barcelona, Spain: Looks like there is art everywhere - I love the whimsical Gaudi architecture & mosaic tiles.
Hong Kong: Looks to be an incredibly dynamic city, another great but different example of East meets West.

Honorable Mentions: St. Petersburg, Tokyo, Cape Town, Budapest, Dublin, Jerusalem, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Moscow, San Francisco, L.A (East Coaster, never been to the West Coast), Ho Chi Minh City, Berlin, New Orleans, Rio di Janeiro, Mexico City, Cairo, Seville, Reykjavic, & more still!

Favorite Cities I've been to: Edinburgh, London, Prague, Rome, New York, Amsterdam, Venice, Paris, Munich, Monaco (and Boston & Montreal, but I'm a little biased )

Last edited by Mayei; 08-16-2017 at 07:18 PM..

Old Today, 03:01 PM

8,511 posts, read 5,886,653 times
The ones I haven't been to but want to.

Tokyo
Sydney
Mexico City
Durban
Lisbon

Old Today, 03:04 PM

3,054 posts, read 2,990,127 times
Iquitos, Peru
Manaus, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Bangkok, Thailand

Old Today, 10:56 PM
BMI

4,546 posts, read 2,396,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Iquitos, Peru
Manaus, Brazil
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Bangkok, Thailand
Those would be on my list of cities I DON'T want to visit

As they say, each to his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World