Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 02:19 PM

699 posts, read 368,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Have you all noticed that the people 'scoffing' at Bradford have actually never even been to the place and yet the people that have actually been there agree with me that it is a wonderful place, what does that tell us exactly? It may lose out on size when compared to London, New York or Tokyo but as mentioned it beats all 3 in a culinary sense and blows Tokyo or New York out of the water when it comes to sports, Bradford also puts Paris or Rome to shame when it comes to beauty. There is a buzz to Bradford that even London finds hard to match and there is beauty on the doorstep of Bradford too.
Bradford has as much buzz as a injured wasp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 03:01 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
Sydney
Melbourne
Perth
Auckland
Christchurch

Old 07-03-2017, 01:39 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Have you all noticed that the people 'scoffing' at Bradford have actually never even been to the place and yet the people that have actually been there agree with me that it is a wonderful place, what does that tell us exactly? It may lose out on size when compared to London, New York or Tokyo but as mentioned it beats all 3 in a culinary sense and blows Tokyo or New York out of the water when it comes to sports, Bradford also puts Paris or Rome to shame when it comes to beauty. There is a buzz to Bradford that even London finds hard to match and there is beauty on the doorstep of Bradford too.
You're right man! Bradford is a million years, no wait, a billion years, or better yet, a bajillion years ahead of Paris or Lima or Bangkok when it comes to cuisine! Macaroons, baguettes, ceviche, coq au vin, aji de gallina, tom yum, larb gai, carapulcra, that's all okay, but it doesn't compare with the glory of Yorkshire Puddings or the world famous Bradford-style curry! And when it comes to culture, oh please, Parisians and Romans are a bunch of uncultured pheasants compared to the classy, well-read Bradfordians. I know that cities like Tokyo or Rio de Janeiro or Shanghai are a lil bit bigger than Bradford, but as they say it's not the size of the boat matters, rather it's the motion of the ocean and let's not forget about the beautiful City Hall! Bradford's City Hall makes the Empire State Building, Eiffel Tower, Cristo Redentor, Machu Picchu, Taj Mahal, and the Hagia Sofia look like just a bunch of bricks. Truly nothing in this world can compare to the glory of Bradford!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:19 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,482,104 times
Amsterdam
Dubai
Rio de Janeiro
Los Angeles
Tokyo

Old 07-09-2017, 12:30 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,451 times
Here are the ones I haven't been to yet:

1. Barcelona
2. Rio De Janiero
3. Capetown
4. Jerusalem
5. Hong Kong

Old 07-10-2017, 01:31 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
None. Done.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:08 PM

344 posts, read 245,054 times
New York City
Istanbul, Turkey
St. Petersburg, Russia
Florence, Italy
Jaipur, India

Old 07-12-2017, 03:49 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Just New York City. Anything else is nice to have seen but I could happily die without having seen them.
Besides that, following cities are high on my list:

Athens
Copenhagen
Liverpool-Manchester
Glasgow
Leipzig
Liège
Mexico City
Philadelphia
Chicago

Old 07-13-2017, 05:31 PM

400 posts, read 422,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Just New York City. Anything else is nice to have seen but I could happily die without having seen them.
Do it. You won't regret it. Bring money.

My list:

Rome (been there already a number of times)
Paris (ditto)
Southern Spain (been to the region twice and recommend it)

Places I've yet to visit but on the bucket list:
Buenos Aires
Rio and points south.
Shanghai
Tokyo
Vietnam/Cambodia
Cape town SA
Kenya

Old 07-14-2017, 10:05 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,117,182 times
London
San Francisco
Hong Kong
NYC
Paris/ Sydney/ Tokyo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World