U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2017, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
8,496 posts, read 2,866,793 times
Reputation: 5049

Advertisements

London home of such institutions as Imperial, UCL, LSE, Kings would be on any list, it is also home to the vast British Library on top of it's public library system and is home to numerous other educational institutions. The percentage of people with higher qualifications in London is also very high and London along with Oxford and Cambridge form what is known as the Golden Triangle in terms of academic research.

The 10 most highly educated global cities | Times Higher Education

'London is most educated city in Europe' - BBC News

Golden triangle (universities) - Wikipedia

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-24-2017 at 06:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2017, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Near Luxembourg
1,699 posts, read 739,114 times
Reputation: 1073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
London home of such institutions as Imperial, UCL, LSE, Kings would be on any list, it is also home to the vast British Library on top of it's public library system and is home to numerous other educational institutions. The percentage of people with higher qualifications in London is also very high and London along with Oxford and Cambridge form what is known as the Golden Triangle in terms of academic research.

The 10 most highly educated global cities | Times Higher Education

'London is most educated city in Europe' - BBC News

Golden triangle (universities) - Wikipedia
The big pb with these NUTS comparisons is that for example comparing Inner London divided by 2 (West or East) to Ile de France (12M inhabitants) is a nonsense (I take the example of France because I have elements of comparison that I know). Same for Rhone-Alpes, 6.5M people, surface of Belgium, how can you compare this to the core of London (3.5M inhabitants / 2 ), that's a little bit weird...

Here is the list with NUTS from Eurostat: Eurostat - Tables, Graphs and Maps Interface (TGM) graph
We can see all the cities, it's better. There are unexpected results... See Alsace in front of Stuttgart, I'm really skeptical !

They have the tendancy to compare apples and carotts but it's better than nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
8,496 posts, read 2,866,793 times
Reputation: 5049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
The big pb with these NUTS comparisons is that for example comparing Inner London divided by 2 (West or East) to Ile de France (12M inhabitants) is a nonsense (I take the example of France because I have elements of comparison that I know). Same for Rhone-Alpes, 6.5M people, surface of Belgium, how can you compare this to the core of London (3.5M inhabitants / 2 ), that's a little bit weird...

Here is the list with NUTS from Eurostat: Eurostat - Tables, Graphs and Maps Interface (TGM) graph
We can see all the cities, it's better. There are unexpected results... See Alsace in front of Stuttgart, I'm really skeptical !

They have the tendancy to compare apples and carotts but it's better than nothing
Whatever way you look at it, whether using the THE figures or EU Eurostat figures, London (along with Paris) is still one of the most educated cities in Europe, indeed in the world and has a number of superb universities and other institutions, as well as being part of the education and research intensive Golden Triangle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Near Luxembourg
1,699 posts, read 739,114 times
Reputation: 1073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Whatever way you look at it, whether using the THE figures or EU Eurostat figures, London (along with Paris) is still one of the most educated cities in Europe, indeed in the world and has a number of superb universities and other institutions, as well as being part of the education and research intensive Golden Triangle.
IMO it depends on the scale and the area. I'm not sure in la Goutte d'Or in the north of Paris, the rate of graduated people is skyrocketing compare to inner Lyon...
But yeah, in big cities, there are the best schools and most educated people. Specially in very heavy weights such as London or Paris (compare to the size of their respective country)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2018, 11:36 PM
 
6,041 posts, read 10,339,362 times
Reputation: 3042
Strict rigid parameters is not the only plausible route. Craft your own ideas or actions of intelligence. Collective average rather than singular sole exceptions. Each urban annexation groupings are outside formal Education too, including aptitude of Science, Technology, Entrepreneurialism, finally Innovative Practice Into Regular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2018, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Cebu, Philippines
2,111 posts, read 778,375 times
Reputation: 4259
nm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 AM.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top