U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 05:29 AM

1,148 posts, read 298,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Based on what?
I'm not going to answer your question, because it will instigate a debate I don't want to participate in.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 07-10-2017 at 05:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Based on what?
I'm not answering your question because it will instigate a debate that I don't want to participate in.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 07-10-2017 at 05:46 AM..

Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 AM

2,200 posts, read 2,246,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
France is a lot more relaxed and laid back than Japan, and I much prefere have a nice coffee or cold beer and watching the world do by in somewere like Biarritz than fighting my way through crowds.
What kind of comparison is that? Crowded city of one country with quiet sea town of the other country?

Rather compare Tokyo with Paris and Biarritz with a town at the sea in Japan, maybe Okinawa island or whatever.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Based on what?
I'm not answering your question because it will instigate a debate that I don't want to participate in.

Last edited by Fish & Chips; 07-10-2017 at 05:58 AM..

Old 07-10-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Based on what?
My preferences.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:28 AM

5,091 posts, read 1,571,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
What kind of comparison is that? Crowded city of one country with quiet sea town of the other country?

Rather compare Tokyo with Paris and Biarritz with a town at the sea in Japan, maybe Okinawa island or whatever.
Japan as a country is a lot more urban and has a very different culture to France, which has a very relaxed and laid back attitude to life full stop.

Furthermore I don't think Japan can compete with the South of France in terms of relaxation or the French culture in relation to such things. Indeed in Japan the workplace and company are far more important and are almost family, and people spend their entire lives working long hours and trying to climb the corporate ladder, this is much less so the case in France, where wirking hours are reatively short and the attitude is you work to live and not you live to work.

Indeed I find the Japanese often quite uptight and the opposite to the French with their gallic shrug. Whilst Japanese culture often seems very uniformed and lacks diversity, whilst Japanese cities are interesting, I personally prefer the historic grandeur of France, whether that be Paris or Biarritz. I also like the French long lunches, passion for wine and the fact they enjoy eating and drinking together often outside in the summer months.

Biarritz Tourism ? Things to do in Biarritz

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-10-2017 at 06:51 AM..

Old 07-10-2017, 06:55 AM

2,510 posts, read 914,995 times
Quote:
France is a lot more relaxed and laid back than Japan, and I much prefere have a nice coffee or cold beer and watching the world do by in somewere like Biarritz than fighting my way through crowds.
Japan is not all about fighting your way through crowds at all. There's lot of little seaside towns and around Lake Biwa that are anything but crowded. Even where it is crowded, people tend to be polite and forcing your way through is not a necessity.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:05 AM

899 posts, read 520,656 times
I don't think either of them are the greatest country in the world, but I would say Japan is the greater out of the two right now.

I would probably choose France if it had a more well-defined sense of sovereignty.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:12 AM

2,243 posts, read 844,900 times
Quote:
Japan as a country is a lot more urban and has a very different culture to France, which has a very relaxed and laid back attitude to life full stop.

Furthermore I don't think Japan can compete with the South of France in terms of relaxation or the French culture in relation to such things. Indeed in Japan the workplace and company are far more important and are almost family, and people spend their entire lives working long hours and trying to climb the corporate ladder, this is much less so the case in France, where wirking hours are reatively short and the attitude is you work to live and not you live to work.

Indeed I find the Japanese often quite uptight and the opposite to the French with their gallic shrug. Whilst Japanese culture often seems very uniformed and lacks diversity, whilst Japanese cities are interesting, I personally prefer the historic grandeur of France, whether that be Paris or Biarritz. I also like the French long lunches, passion for wine and the fact they enjoy eating and drinking together often outside in the summer months.

Biarritz Tourism ? Things to do in Biarritz
I haven't been to Biarritz (yet) but google images makes it look in incredible beautiful, even more so than the places I've been on the Riviera.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:39 AM

1,276 posts, read 396,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I haven't been to Biarritz (yet) but google images makes it look in incredible beautiful, even more so than the places I've been on the Riviera.
It's mainly a surf spot...I'm not sure the city itself is astonishing compare to Menton, Cabourg, Touquet, Saint-Malo blablabla...
I m maybe wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World