U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 11:53 AM

815 posts, read 312,333 times

Advertisements

neither. Luxembourg is clearly the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 12:19 PM

1,276 posts, read 396,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
neither. Luxembourg is clearly the best
Lux? When you want to have an audi a7 yes, else it's nanoscopic...

Old 07-10-2017, 02:37 PM

3,990 posts, read 4,900,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Japan is more stable, more prosperous and has far less internal problems. France is a fascinating country with a rich culture and history. I'm gonna have to go with Japan on which is better. There is a Toyota in my garage, Japanese TVs and electronic devices through my house and various other Japanese products. The Japanese have more impact on the modern world. Having said that there are at least a half a dozen to a dozen nations in the world that could be considered the greatest in the world. Did we forget about the U.K., USA, Germany, Australia, Canada and many more? Being best in the world is a tall order
I agree with what you stated. France is still a great country, even so there are certain things that place Japan above France.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:39 PM

2,019 posts, read 872,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
Is this a troll thread? Seriously...

Out of all the Countries in the world you pick two for us to decide...
he is after the 500 bucks price...

Old 07-10-2017, 11:14 PM

57 posts, read 17,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Neither.
agreed

Old 07-11-2017, 02:47 AM

40 posts, read 13,035 times
I love Japan and France but But the lifestyle in Japan is too different for an european like me.
So I take France

Old 11-09-2017, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 304 times
Cities and villages? France. No contest. Beyond Kyoto and historic villages, Japanese cities are sprawling, megalopolises that, while modern, fun and interesting, lack any historical context and could seamlessly be replaced with any other modern scape and many wouldn't be the wiser. Is that Tokyo? Hong Kong? Or is that even Osaka? Impossible with Paris. Towns are cheap edifices with so many electric lines it looks like a spider went berserk. Most homes and business buildings get replaced every 25-40 years and are designed to be so. Natural disasters are too frequent (earthquakes, landslides, typhoons, etc). So, in part, that's not their fault that design is not made to last, but even so, the designs are too simple and ambiguous. No, not like the minimalist, Asian aesthetic you see in hotels or restaurants in the West. Just sterile and unadorned. The French have done an amazing job at preserving their historic aesthetic, and were among the first to evoke any form of modern city design and Placemaking.

In terms of infrastructure and safety. Japan. Hands down. The Shinkansen is legendary and deserves to be. You could be anywhere in Japan and have utter surety of your safety. Violent crime is virtually nonexistent.

Traditional food is excellent in both countries. While Japanese (healthier) require fresher ingredients as they are showcased and have a "cleaner" profile (fewer, but marked flavors/combos (wasabi, sashimi, soy, umami) vs many blended ones like French that build on eachother (roux, sauces, ragu, cassoulet etc.)), Japanese traditional desserts are nothing compared to French pastries. Dairy use is key and historically speaking, Japan never used it.

I have lived in Japan and have seen much of the country. Loved it and it's people. I have visited France once and most of my stay was in Paris. Indifferent to the people, however even noting the graffiti and general grimey aspect of certain areas, I was blown away with how beautiful the city was. Absolutely worth all the accolades and fame it's noted for. All in all, both are excellent, but for the sheer globally recognized beauties that are the French villages, cities, lavender fields, coasts, pastries, etc.

France wins.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:49 PM

9,783 posts, read 5,743,997 times
Of the two, I'll go with France.

The greatest country in the world? I have no idea. This one is subjective.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:04 AM

511 posts, read 282,875 times
China.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:40 AM

1,217 posts, read 927,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
The standouts are Denmark, Norway, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands.
This!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World