U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2017, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Windsor Ontario
1,219 posts, read 932,562 times
Reputation: 1231

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Australia is too dry, Germany is flat and plain with little redeeming qualities from man made structures (very dull, not as majestic as roman countries), Canada is too suburban and lacks beaches (that are good), and the U.K. Is too small and not diverse enough.
Canadian cities are usually more urban than American cities, and we have amazing beaches on both our ocean coasts and the Great Lakes! Typical uninformed American post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2017, 12:45 PM
 
1,687 posts, read 2,150,779 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Full stop these are the best countries in the world;

Which has the best scenery, culture (both old and new), brightest future, best economy, most stability, plus fun (nightlife, city life, amusement park, etc.), best Disneyland, best infrastructure, best authors/books, and most powerful army/spy apparatus.

Japan used to be my favorite but their pop culture has turned me off, also France has beautiful cliff sides.
They are both very good countries, and I would say they among the top 10-15 in the world when taking into account cultural advancement/contributions, commitment to civil rights, acceptance of democratic ideals, etc., but the arrogance, dismissiveness and insularity of your post is really unfortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 02:16 PM
 
10,661 posts, read 9,233,186 times
Reputation: 7247
Japan doesn't come close to France's greatness. The French Revolution and its world wide impact, napoleon civil code, metric system, Rousseau, Voltaire, Balzac, Victor Hugo, etc etc. These are far more important than a few tech companies.

How can we seriously compare the two?? Japan's contribution to human civilization is rather limited unless you think Nintendo is a huge deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
734 posts, read 202,267 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Japan doesn't come close to France's greatness. The French Revolution and its world wide impact, napoleon civil code, metric system, Rousseau, Voltaire, Balzac, Victor Hugo, etc etc. These are far more important than a few tech companies.

How can we seriously compare the two?? Japan's contribution to human civilization is rather limited unless you think Nintendo is a huge deal.
I agree with France’s contribution but do you seriously believe that Japan is limited to Nintendo?

Perhaps you could say, that since Japan was never as successful in establishing a colonial empire, it’s historical footprint is somewhat smaller, yet can still be felt in many ways.

Le Japon et la France sont deux pays qui ont contribuer a transformer notre societe.

I hope mods don’t cut that last sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Paris
1,294 posts, read 404,230 times
Reputation: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I agree with France’s contribution but do you seriously believe that Japan is limited to Nintendo?

Perhaps you could say, that since Japan was never as successful in establishing a colonial empire, it’s historical footprint is somewhat smaller, yet can still be felt in many ways.

Le Japon et la France sont deux pays qui ont contribuer a transformer notre societe.

I hope mods don’t cut that last sentence.
Le Japon et la France sont deux pays qui ont contribué à transformer notre société.


Oui!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 10:31 PM
 
6,175 posts, read 3,912,139 times
Reputation: 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I agree with France’s contribution but do you seriously believe that Japan is limited to Nintendo?
He does, since he’s Chinese, he has to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2017, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
734 posts, read 202,267 times
Reputation: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Le Japon et la France sont deux pays qui ont contribué à transformer notre société.


Oui!
Yeah, I ignored the accents because I’m using a default keyboard and it’s been a while since I last spoke French. Good to know I still have it in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Virginia
9 posts, read 2,033 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Full stop these are the best countries in the world;

Which has the best scenery, culture (both old and new), brightest future, best economy, most stability, plus fun (nightlife, city life, amusement park, etc.), best Disneyland, best infrastructure, best authors/books, and most powerful army/spy apparatus.

Japan used to be my favorite but their pop culture has turned me off, also France has beautiful cliff sides.
None of them are the best countries in the world, that's your single biased opinion. Japan is far superior to France, but France is more varied and has better landscapes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Sumner County,Tn
538 posts, read 413,668 times
Reputation: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I agree with France’s contribution but do you seriously believe that Japan is limited to Nintendo?

Perhaps you could say, that since Japan was never as successful in establishing a colonial empire, it’s historical footprint is somewhat smaller, yet can still be felt in many ways.

Le Japon et la France sont deux pays qui ont contribuer a transformer notre societe.

I hope mods don’t cut that last sentence.
Ok can somebody translate that please.


Lets see by most Metrics Japan is superior to France. I Like Both Countries so no biasness here. Japan Has A Larger Economy Larger Cities, Seems More Technology Advanced has More Global Companies etc and TOKYO is Twice as Large as Paris But beyond that Japan has Several Cities past 1 million residents. France Only has One. Honestly Outside of Paris and a few Touristy Areas in the South of France, is France really that Great. France Does has Perhaps a More Meaningful History, A More Widespread Language, Nukes, and A Permenant Seat on the UN Security Council. But Tokyo is Larger than the Top Three French Towns Combined. Many of you Reading this Are Probably Driving a Japanese Car,..Toyota Honda Nisson Acura Lexus Mitsibishi Mazda Infiniti..I Cant think of AnyOne driving a "French" Car....Do The French even Make Cars?? I Know The Germans and Italians do (Ferrari ) ...Also In your Home is Probably a Sony Tv or PlayStation or Home Entertainment System, All that is From Japan....and also Japan Has a Emperor!....I Like France. but between the Two I gotta give this to Japan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:12 PM
 
2,410 posts, read 1,456,814 times
Reputation: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by North 42 View Post
and we have amazing beaches on both our ocean coasts

Ahahahahaha...amazing beaches in unswimmable waters?? Sanbars on lakes amazing?? Is Tofino a great beach??!!! ROFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top