Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 10:31 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,428,938 times

Advertisements

Full stop these are the best countries in the world;

Which has the best scenery, culture (both old and new), brightest future, best economy, most stability, plus fun (nightlife, city life, amusement park, etc.), best Disneyland, best infrastructure, best authors/books, and most powerful army/spy apparatus.

Japan used to be my favorite but their pop culture has turned me off, also France has beautiful cliff sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 11:17 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Full stop these are the best countries in the world;

Which has the best scenery, culture (both old and new), brightest future, best economy, most stability, plus fun (nightlife, city life, amusement park, etc.), best Disneyland, best infrastructure, best authors/books, and most powerful army/spy apparatus.

Japan used to be my favorite but their pop culture has turned me off, also France has beautiful cliff sides.
The greatest would be the US if you look at the sheer amount of content it provides. Best is very difficult to measure as there are many metrics to consider.

Out of the two

Scenery - Tie both have stunning landscapes
Culture -Tie Yeah I'm cheating but I can't pick since I love both cultures
Brightest Future - France Japan has a negative birth rate
Stability - Japan
Fun - Tie
Disneyland - Japan. Tokyo has two of them
Infrastructure - Japan. The cities are clean and well maintained
Authors - Not sure. I like French literature and manga but my knowledge isn't broad enough
Army - France. Pretty easy one since they have a nuclear arsenal

I cheated for a lot of them but that's cause I can't pick one. They are both great places.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:36 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times
Scenery - France, but Japan has a lot of beauty.
Culture - France, but I love small Japanese towns. I'm not a big city guy.
Brightest Future - France, Japan has population growth problems and a GDP growth problem.
Stability - France, Japan has way too much debt.
Fun - Japan, but I'd prefer France for living.
Disneyland - no idea. Does France have a Disneyland?
Infrastructure - Japan, those old French towns will never have great infrastructure and that's fine with me.
Authors - France
Army - France

overall: France for living, Japan for holidays. Neither are the greatest countries on the planet and both have some serious issues to tackle in the future.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:57 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Japan is more stable, more prosperous and has far less internal problems. France is a fascinating country with a rich culture and history. I'm gonna have to go with Japan on which is better. There is a Toyota in my garage, Japanese TVs and electronic devices through my house and various other Japanese products. The Japanese have more impact on the modern world. Having said that there are at least a half a dozen to a dozen nations in the world that could be considered the greatest in the world. Did we forget about the U.K., USA, Germany, Australia, Canada and many more? Being best in the world is a tall order

Old 07-09-2017, 01:09 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,904 times
The standouts are Denmark, Norway, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:05 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,415 times
The day France will be as safe as Japan, it ll be a strong competitor for 'the best country in the world '...yet it's not the case for the moment. Maybe in 30 years lol. No need to explain why.

OTH I travelled overall 3 weeks in Japan and impossible for me to qualify this country as best of the world...It's clean, ultra safe, food is great to amazing but thats more or less all.

So, not France, not Japan . A true french is never satisfied

Old 07-09-2017, 11:49 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
france is not near as good of a country as germany in my opinion , its not as good as the uk either or australia or canada to name a few more

Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 AM

699 posts, read 368,645 times
Is this a troll thread? Seriously...

Out of all the Countries in the world you pick two for us to decide...

Old 07-09-2017, 12:11 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
france is not near as good of a country as germany in my opinion , its not as good as the uk either or australia or canada to name a few more
What are your criterion ? Im curious

Old 07-09-2017, 12:12 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,921,746 times
Neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World