Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 01:02 PM
F18

542 posts, read 529,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What it that supposed to mean? I'm actually considering living there among other places at some point 4-6 months out of the year. He's right Lisbon is a low risk city for terrorism for many different reason's
He hates Portugal for some weird reason. Must have bad taste in countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 10:23 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,335,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
He hates Portugal for some weird reason. Must have bad taste in countries.
I have the best taste in countries, that's why I don't want to go there

Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Both have had terrorist bombing resulting in death.
The sinking of the Rainbow Warrior and the Wellington Trade Hall bombing had no relation to the current threat of international terror. They were also both in the 1980s. NZ is at lower risk of terror attack than any other "first world" country.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:16 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Spain is the country with the least terorrism risk from the western European countries...

1st the Spanish police is the most prepared from Europe against terrorism. Seems that ETA threat for many years introduced an extended obligatory anti terrorism training for all of the police.

Spain has 3 types of police, one of them half military, i.e. Guardia Civil. There are countries in Europe where the police patrols the streets without guns. Guardias usually have automatic rifles in the trunk of their cars or 4x4 when patrolling. They're doing many roadblocks day by day with spikes, helmets and automatic guns. Call me crazy but Spain is the 9th country in the world with the smallest homicide rate. It's maybe linked to this... isn't it, don't you think? It's also amongst the safest countries in the world. Maybe the point is here...

Not sure if those news arrived outside of Spain but actually many potential terrorists linked to terror groups or people posting online related to terrorism were detained and now they're in prisons.

Yes, I reaffirm that from Western Europe, Sevilla, M√°laga or Valencia are the major cities with the least risk.

I'm saying western Europe. At the moment France, Germany, UK and Belgium suffered attacks. Italy is much more prone than Spain as they have nearby Bosnia, a country known for having some terror cells and easy access to automatic rifles.

I'm NOT saying from all of Europe. Actually eastern Europe has less risk of course.

Call me crazy or biased about Spain but it's a simple fact...
You need to stop believing everything you read on the internet, and looking up all these pro Spain 'facts'.

I'm ex military and worked for 4 years on a counter terrorism unit. I now work for a contractor for the military, on a military base. The information I get, and have had in the past, is that Spain is one of the main targets in Europe. It's a country that's easily accessible, and one that's full of western tourists.
An attack WILL happen at some point, it's inevitable. Do you really think the Spanish authorities are actually going to make public the fact that they're a huge risk? It's a country that relies on tourism, so the mere mention of any risk will potentially affect those tourism numbers.

No offence, but you need to pull your head out of your arse.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:56 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Probably because noone (not even the terrorists) give a crap about Lisbon
If I believed in the creature, I would say "Thank God." I love Lisbon.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:59 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Which developed city is less prone to terrorism?
Buffalo.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,686,972 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Millions of Spaniards emigrating every year ? So what, in 30 years Spain is empty?
There are 1,5 million Portuguese in France, thats not a little, and they don't come for the parisian sun but high wages.
And Italy in a better economical state than Spain, that's ultra debatable...
Bigger yes, but they are 20 million more too. And put Italy Spain and France in the same sentence than Greece isn't very serious.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-18-2017 at 08:39 AM..

Old 07-18-2017, 08:00 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
This feuding that's been going on between the Portuguese and Spaniards(formerly Castilians) for the last 1,000 years is so stupid it needs to be put to rest. Like it or not we are cousins if anything there should be more cooperation not this stupid senseless feuding.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:20 AM
F18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Millions of Spaniards emigrating every year ? So what, in 30 years Spain is empty?
There are 1,5 million Portuguese in France, thats not a little, and they don't come for the parisian sun but high wages.
And Italy in a better economical state than Spain, that's ultra debatable
1.5 million Portuguese citizens and French citizens of Portuguese ancestry, not just Portuguese citizens. There are the same number of Spaniards and Italians (citzen and descendants) in France.
That's exactly what I said. Portuguese citizens go abroad because of jobs and wages unlike many Europeans abroad. Besides most Portuguese in France went there 50 yaers ago when Portugal was a TOTALLY different country. In addition the majority was born there and adquired Portuguese nationality through their parents. Portugal today is not the same as it was 50 years ago as it is much more livable and richer.
Italy is much richer than Spain as far as all the statistics indicate.
If Spain I so good why don't you move there and try to get a high paying job?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:24 AM
F18

Lol envy of Spain and France. If I want I could have stayed in France or move to Spain. But I don't because I prefer living here with 500 euros than in Spain with 1000 or 2000 in France.
Again I sick and tired of these petty attacks and insults against Portugal and Junter's Spainsh supremacy in everything (lol).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World