Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 05:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,607,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
The whole place is going to disagree, but in the US if you're not hurting anybody else, nobody give's rat's rear end about how you dress, what you believe, what color you are or what your values are. This is particularly true on an individual basis. Political groups of non-mainstream people, not so much.

Cue the Donald Trump videos to prove me wrong all you want, but I have been around a good bit and individual non-conformity barely lifts an eyebrow here.
...except for starters..

http://outandequal.org/2017-workplac...ty-fact-sheet/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 05:13 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,607,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Idk, by reflex I would say 'Oh Canada', but maybe I'm misinformed...
No you're not misinformed.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:15 PM

1,147 posts, read 720,490 times
The Netherlands.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:16 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,038,286 times
India, Japan, Tibet etc.
Eastern asia except the commies from Vietnam and China.

The most intolerant are western countries (the old catholic world...) and the heart of africa where they have anti-gay laws and no animal rights.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:59 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,057,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Toleration is in the eye of the beholder. If you're a Hindu vegan you might not view the West as very progressive. If you're a non alcohol drinking Muslim you not not understand why the West allows people to drink and drive until they kill some innocent person.
Based on this description, progressivism is more restrictive than the status quo. I agree.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:08 PM

8,874 posts, read 8,474,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
India, Japan, Tibet etc.
Eastern asia except the commies from Vietnam and China.

The most intolerant are western countries (the old catholic world...) and the heart of africa where they have anti-gay laws and no animal rights.
Nice try.

East Asia is one step away from the Middle East and Africa as far as intolerance goes. In many ways it's even worse.

Anglophone and Western Europe are easily the most open societies.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:02 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,112,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
What do you think is the most tolerant, progressive, friendly country in the world? Must be tolerant with genres, sexual orientation, dressing, open-minded, acceptance of other ideaologies (for example comunism).

I think Canada is probably your best contender. It's all of the above and more, (including having a political party called The Communist Party of Canada since 1921) and it's even tolerant of conservatives. But Canada's friendliness, progressiveness and tolerance shouldn't be mistaken to mean that Canada is a pushover, because it's not. Canada is stubborn and tough when it has to be.

Last edited by Zoisite; 07-12-2017 at 12:20 AM..

Old 07-12-2017, 01:00 AM

853 posts, read 651,020 times
I should have added a country/countries where your privacy is more respected.

India? What if I am catholic? what if I want to eat a T-bone or any sort of cow meat?. What if I want to get married with an Indian woman being from a western country? and sexual relations just dating? Those are questions I have, people/authorities would tolerate all those things in India?

Old 07-12-2017, 01:07 AM

853 posts, read 651,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Anglophone and Western Europe are easily the most open societies.
I know, but which ones? For example, in Spain you can be discriminated/kicked if you are homosexual or due to racist matters, I mean by neo-nazi groups and similar so basically you should be aware where you go and where you are if you belong to one of those groups. Not all the people accept those things. I guess is the same in most countries in Europe.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:41 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,513,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
I know, but which ones? For example, in Spain you can be discriminated/kicked if you are homosexual or due to racist matters, I mean by neo-nazi groups and similar so basically you should be aware where you go and where you are if you belong to one of those groups. Not all the people accept those things. I guess is the same in most countries in Europe.
I don't think that's a good example. Those groups are usually not very representative of a country. Not to mention when looking at tolerance, national laws play an important role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World