Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 03:52 AM

853 posts, read 651,169 times

Advertisements

What do you think is the most tolerant, progressive, friendly country in the world? Must be tolerant with genres, sexual orientation, dressing, open-minded, acceptance of other ideaologies (for example comunism).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 04:22 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,514,130 times
I don't think it's possible to come up with a single definitive answer. Many of your criteria choices are very subjective to begin.
How does one measure friendliness or even dressing? Many of these depend on the individuals perspective. Some people want to be fashionable, others don't mind dressing casually in a non professional setting and there's nothing wrong with it.

In general I would say it's the "Western World" , without pointing at any individual countries.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:57 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,691,728 times
Idk, by reflex I would say 'Oh Canada', but maybe I'm misinformed...

Old 07-11-2017, 05:08 AM

27,677 posts, read 28,781,386 times
I wouldn't want to live in a country that is accepting of communism.

A failed ideology, except for in China. And it's not clear that even they actually practice it.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:18 AM

853 posts, read 651,169 times
No, the point is to discuss about acceptance and tolerance of a single person in terms of his/her culture/way of thinking/religion/sexual orientation/dressing. I mentioned comunism only just as an example, can be other matters. The idea is to mention a country, well, even countries if you wish, where you will be not punished, judged, molested, bla bla bla... in terms of all the things I mentioned.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:23 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,057,329 times
The whole place is going to disagree, but in the US if you're not hurting anybody else, nobody give's rat's rear end about how you dress, what you believe, what color you are or what your values are. This is particularly true on an individual basis. Political groups of non-mainstream people, not so much.

Cue the Donald Trump videos to prove me wrong all you want, but I have been around a good bit and individual non-conformity barely lifts an eyebrow here.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:17 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,533,119 times
I won't say countries, but in the West a lot of people is tolerant with genres, sexual orientation, dressing, but intolerant with those who are conservative.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,057,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
I won't say countries, but in the West a lot of people is tolerant with genres, sexual orientation, dressing, but intolerant with those who are conservative.
So true.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,538,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
The whole place is going to disagree, but in the US if you're not hurting anybody else, nobody give's rat's rear end about how you dress, what you believe, what color you are or what your values are. This is particularly true on an individual basis. Political groups of non-mainstream people, not so much.

Cue the Donald Trump videos to prove me wrong all you want, but I have been around a good bit and individual non-conformity barely lifts an eyebrow here.
True, but I think it's very regional and there is a big urban/rural divide when it comes to tolerance. Of course that might be the case in every country.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,523,263 times
Toleration is in the eye of the beholder. If you're a Hindu vegan you might not view the West as very progressive. If you're a non alcohol drinking Muslim you not not understand why the West allows people to drink and drive until they kill some innocent person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World