U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 AM

3,392 posts, read 1,517,564 times

Advertisements

I'll do my top 5.

Sunset on the Salvadoran coast. A storm had just passed and the sun came out just at dusk. It was a beautiful sight with the waves crashing on the cliffs. The sky a beautiful orangish/reddish/blue. Everything was incredibly green. Just an absolutely pristine sunset.

The Grand Canyon. Actually, from within the Grand Canyon. We hiked from rim to rim and stopped at this waterfall, we hiked up to near the top of the falls and there was this outcropping where the water was splashing off creating a rainbow and it was actually very lush and green, but with the desert in the background. Just a very beautiful view.

Cinque Tierra (sp?). We hiked up this cliff area to a vineyard and just sat and looked out at the small town. The vineyards, classic buildings, cliffs, and small boats sailing to and from the small harbor was an amazing sight.

Yunnan was a very beautiful province in China. We took a bus from Kunming to Dali and the sights were incredible. The small villages and farms in the mountains was spectacular. 3 hours of absolute stunning scenery.

Calufornia coast just south of San Francisco. A beautiful setting for sunset. We stopped and went out on a pier. Lots of people fishing. The bottom of my top 5. But San Francisco as a whole is a very beautiful city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 10:39 AM

9,382 posts, read 11,804,692 times
Tokyo, Japan and the French Riviera.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:07 PM

63,164 posts, read 52,446,063 times
The view of Guatemala's Lake Atitlan, from the height of the road descending to the lake. I visited several times, and every time, that sight literally took my breath away. 3 volcanoes at the lake's edge.

Riding a ferry through WA State's San Juan islands, accompanied by dolphins swimming and splashing along with the ferry.

Anywhere in the CA redwoods. Driving down highway 1 from the Bay Area past Halfmoon Bay, with seemingly the length of California's beaches spread out before you.

Hiking up through a forested mountainside in Romania, and emerging onto a high plateau, with spectacular views and the sound of sheep's bells resounding from all directions.

Plitvitsa lakes in Croatia.

The list goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World